Windows 10: no network connection = no ability to enter password = no network conn

Discus and support no network connection = no ability to enter password = no network conn in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all. Not too good with computer issues, but I have been reluctantly chosen as the household tech wizard. lol Husband updated his laptop to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by savage, Feb 6, 2016.

1. savage Win User

no network connection = no ability to enter password = no network conn

Hi all. Not too good with computer issues, but I have been reluctantly chosen as the household tech wizard. lol

Husband updated his laptop to Windows 10 several months ago. So far it's been good, and he likes it...that is until this morning. He opens the laptop...no internet connection. It shows our wifi network, but won't connect. He enters his password...says he needs to enter password for that device. Enter password from before Windows 10...no good. Enter password for micorstoft...no good.

Using my laptop (Windows 7) to find fix. Suggestions I've tried: Troublshoot network connection by right clicking. Right Click won't work...nothing happens. Maybe keyboard language is wrong...no settings button available to look at keyboard properties. Try connecting directly to router...won't make connection. We've rebooted the computer a couple of times, to no avail.

Our phones are connected, my laptop is connected, our chromecast is connected, so we know it's not the router. There is something up with his laptop.

Playing ring around the rosey is not the best way to spend a Sunday morning. no internet connection = no ability to enter password = not able to troubleshoot internet connection = no internet connection = no ability to enter password.

:)

savage, Feb 6, 2016
  2. ...No... Win User

Shift Lock On Windows 10

Hello,how do I enable shift lock on Windows 10? Somebody help!!!

...No..., Feb 6, 2016
  3. herrfox Win User
    NOKIA N8 - Unable to connect - WLAN Network not found

if in AUTHENTICATION TYPE in the settings wep,i select "SHARED"..when i try to connect to my network, N8 make see me: "conn. failed,check the password"..i writed the password again,but the musique is the same ever!.."conn. failed check the password"!..password
    of my wireless connection is a 128 bit wep;my n95 8b connect to my router without problems!And my n95 8gb in AUTENTHICATION TYPE,(in the wep settings)has "open".If i select "OPEN" in authentication type in the n8, n8 make see to me:"Unable to connect - WLAN
    Network not found"..mhm?

herrfox, Feb 6, 2016
  4. savage Win User

Ok. Here goes...His phone worked, my phone did work then quit working, our Smart TV quit working. My laptop continued to be connected, etc. Reset modem, problem solved. OMG!!!!!! Weird that some devices worked while others didn't.

savage, Feb 6, 2016
  5. Winuser Win User
    Glad you managed to fix your problem. I agree it is weird that some devices would connect and some wouldn't.

Winuser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. no network connection = no ability to enter password = no network conn - Similar Threads - network connection ability

2. Enter Network Credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enter Network Credentials: I'm not exactly why Microsoft has, somehow, made the setup of a simple, small, home network so difficult, but it clearly has.Two computers on the same network, one Win 10, one Win 11. The Win 10 computer can be discovered, the Win 10 computer requires no password.The Win 11...
  3. Enter Network Credentials

Enter Network Credentials: I created a share on my computer, but other computers can't see the share. I keep getting the message Enter Network Credentials even though I turned off password on my wireless network....
  4. Enter network credentials

Enter network credentials: This is odd. I have a Windows laptop and HP desktop, both with Windows 11. In the past I could easily share files/folders between the two, but now it asks for network credentials user name and password. I have no clue what to put there, and what is worse, I didn't need to...
  5. Enter network credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enter network credentials: This is odd. I have a Windows laptop and HP desktop, both with Windows 11. In the past I could easily share files/folders between the two, but now it asks for network credentials user name and password. I have no clue what to put there, and what is worse, I didn't need to...
  6. enter network credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    enter network credentials: When trying to access other computers or my nas on my network I get the prompt to enter my network credentials. I can access them through remote access, or in the case of my Nas, the windows store app but not through file manager.I have tried every combination know to man, My...
  7. Required to enter network credentials when connecting to computer on home network

Required to enter network credentials when connecting to computer on home network: Question: How to connect two home computers using the same Microsoft account on both computers? Prompted to enter network credentials when connecting to the target computer but rejected when entered. Using the same Microsoft account on both computers. Note: The Microsoft...
  8. Enter Network Credentials Refuses Correct Home Network Password

Enter Network Credentials Refuses Correct Home Network Password: As of this week I have two desktop computers on my home network, one a 10-year-old Windows 7 with a 2-year-old SSD HD, the other a new Windows 10 model. Every time I attempt to save or open anything cross network from one computer to the other, or access the other computer's...
  9. enter network password screen

enter network password screen: I keep getting this screen popping up all the time. I do not want to log onto a network. How can I disable this screen errolbest https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-network-password-screen/39909f37-7779-49d5-9723-f841c586ffff
  10. Enter Network Credentials

Enter Network Credentials: Been working steady on this; can now see media player from both directions which is good; can also see the laptop from the new build desktop, and the same the other way. Password protected sharing is turned off on both; but both are asking for Network Credentials. Not...