Windows 10: no new folder

Discus and support no new folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; running win 10. I can't add a new folder to my desktop and all I get is this error code <%NULL:OpText. Can someone tell me what I need to do to correct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ben Daniels, Dec 12, 2016.

1. no new folder

running win 10. I can't add a new folder to my desktop and all I get is this error code <%NULL:OpText. Can someone tell me what I need to do to correct this?
    Thanks
    Ben

:)

Ben Daniels, Dec 12, 2016
  2. JimWynne Win User

Folder no longer exists after moving it to a new location, any suggestions?

If you have File History turned on, it's possible that the files, if not the folder, are there. Otherwise, you've learned why it's a good idea to copy rather than move in cases like this.

JimWynne, Dec 12, 2016
  3. Folder no longer exists after moving it to a new location, any suggestions?

Hi Jael,

If we are to believe that the file/folder you are looking for is not deleted, you can try performing a system restore to get back to earlier point in time where the folder was still on its original location. Follow these steps to do a system restore:

• Select the Start button, type control panel
      and then choose it from the list of results.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know how it goes.

Adrianne Buc, Dec 12, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

no new folder

Hello Ben, *Smile

If you like, you might see if downloading and merging the .reg file for the Folder item in OPTION TWO of the tutorial below may be able to help, It will restore the default registry entries for folders including New -> Folder.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Dec 12, 2016
Thema:

no new folder

1. no new folder - Similar Threads - folder

2. HOW DO I SEE WHAT IS IN DOWNLOADS FOLDER BEFORE I CLEAR IT WHEN I AM TRYING TO CREATE MORE...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HOW DO I SEE WHAT IS IN DOWNLOADS FOLDER BEFORE I CLEAR IT WHEN I AM TRYING TO CREATE MORE...: I cant seem to get into the downloads folder driving me nuts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-see-what-is-in-downloads-folder-before-i/6f88379b-66ae-4335-b238-02725ea5dbc5"
  3. Windows 10 Update deleted some of my Desktop folders, how to get them back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update deleted some of my Desktop folders, how to get them back?: Hello, On Thursday 15th I was playing Hearthstone in the Battle Net app, when I exited, my most vital files and folders on the desktop were gone, I was unable to find any of the missing files/folders - not a single one (!!!) using Search in Explorer, or 4 different recovery...
  4. All files and folders on desktop suddenly gone.

All files and folders on desktop suddenly gone.: I was playing Hearthstone on my laptop and then I exited the game and after I wanted to exit the Battle.net app. When I right click > exit on the app in the icon tray suddenly all of my icons, files and folders on my desktop completely disappeared. The only icons still...
  5. Appx file in temp folder .

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Appx file in temp folder .: What does it do in temp folder Appxxx.tmp file, What is its work ??? Does have any privacy issue ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appx-file-in-temp-folder/6447268e-bf59-41ff-96dd-d7ff29d71767"
  6. Is there any way to hide folders with specific name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there any way to hide folders with specific name in Windows 10: So i have a folder named as 'My Data' in all the drives and in multiple locations. Like in 100s of locations. Basically there are 100s of folders named as 'My Data' scattered all over my computer. I wanted to see if there is any way to hide all these folder from one single...
  7. My pc has automatically updated and i have now lost folders and Icons. how do i restore these?

My pc has automatically updated and i have now lost folders and Icons. how do i restore these?: My pc has automatically updated and i have now lost folders and Icons. how do i restore these? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-has-automatically-updated-and-i-have-now/909ee5d6-3120-461c-8665-ba53531998fc"
  8. Entire folder on D: drive has disappeared.

Entire folder on D: drive has disappeared.: Last night I installed a program to try in to that folder and uninstalled it a few hours later, I must not have set up the folder properly because when I uninstalled the program it deleted the entire folder with other programs in it. Now I can't find the folder and can't...
  9. Can't disable Read-Only on folders

Can't disable Read-Only on folders: When I try to disable Read-Only it just keep undoing my action I'v treid every solution from here:https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-folder-keeps-reverting-to-read-only-on-windows-10/ I really don't know what to do....
  10. My Program Folder with all my music is gone! Please help!

My Program Folder with all my music is gone! Please help!: My music folder in my C: Drive under my user name/Music/MyiTunes is gone so I can't access all my music that was saved and being used through I Tunes! Why and how could an entire folder just disappear?? There have been Windows pop ups lately that say entry point to I tunes or...