Windows 10: no new folder

Discus and support no new folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; running win 10. I can't add a new folder to my desktop and all I get is this error code <%NULL:OpText. Can someone tell me what I need to do to correct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ben Daniels, Dec 12, 2016.

1. no new folder

running win 10. I can't add a new folder to my desktop and all I get is this error code <%NULL:OpText. Can someone tell me what I need to do to correct this?
    Thanks
    Ben

:)

Ben Daniels, Dec 12, 2016
  2. JimWynne Win User

Folder no longer exists after moving it to a new location, any suggestions?

If you have File History turned on, it's possible that the files, if not the folder, are there. Otherwise, you've learned why it's a good idea to copy rather than move in cases like this.

JimWynne, Dec 12, 2016
  3. Folder no longer exists after moving it to a new location, any suggestions?

Hi Jael,

If we are to believe that the file/folder you are looking for is not deleted, you can try performing a system restore to get back to earlier point in time where the folder was still on its original location. Follow these steps to do a system restore:

• Select the Start button, type control panel
      and then choose it from the list of results.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know how it goes.

Adrianne Buc, Dec 12, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

no new folder

Hello Ben, *Smile

If you like, you might see if downloading and merging the .reg file for the Folder item in OPTION TWO of the tutorial below may be able to help, It will restore the default registry entries for folders including New -> Folder.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Dec 12, 2016
Thema:

no new folder

1. no new folder - Similar Threads - folder

2. Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11: Hi dears.... Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11 installed on laptop. It happened after I downloaded a few files and was in the process of renaming them. Now the download folder is not opening even after restart and goes into 'not responding' mode. The files being...
  3. Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11: Hi dears.... Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11 installed on laptop. It happened after I downloaded a few files and was in the process of renaming them. Now the download folder is not opening even after restart and goes into 'not responding' mode. The files being...
  4. Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  6. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  7. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

8. After an update all my files & folders are noww located on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After an update all my files & folders are noww located on my desktop.: Using Windows 11.. I recently did a Windows update on my 4 month old Dell desktop and now ALL my files are located on my desktop. THEY ARE NOT SHORT CUTS.I called Dell.. BIG MISTAKE.. and they deleted them and had me reload from my backup. It happened again. Then I called...
  9. After an update all my files & folders are noww located on my desktop.

After an update all my files & folders are noww located on my desktop.: Using Windows 11.. I recently did a Windows update on my 4 month old Dell desktop and now ALL my files are located on my desktop. THEY ARE NOT SHORT CUTS.I called Dell.. BIG MISTAKE.. and they deleted them and had me reload from my backup. It happened again. Then I called...
  10. How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?

How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?: I have windows 10, and cannot delete this file from my Downloads folder:Abstract 4629_ Expression of cancer-associated proliferating cell nuclear antigen caPCNA in various stages and types of neoplasia breast, cervix, colon, gastric, lung, ovary, thyroid, and uterus _ Cancer...