Windows 10: No Notification of new Outlook 2016 mail in Action Center

Discus and support No Notification of new Outlook 2016 mail in Action Center in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have selected the option to receive notifications of new email from Outlook 2016 in Windows 10 settings, but am not receiving them in the Action... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by CurlyQ, Jan 25, 2016.

1. CurlyQ Win User

No Notification of new Outlook 2016 mail in Action Center

I have selected the option to receive notifications of new email from Outlook 2016 in Windows 10 settings, but am not receiving them in the Action Center. Are there any other settings that need to be changed or possibly any registry keys that need to be added? Thanks.

:)

CurlyQ, Jan 25, 2016
  2. Anne Ros Win User

how to let a clicked notification of a new email in the notification center, let you open that email in a Outlkook 2016 (locally installed) instead of the Mail app?

Hi Enzo,

If you've set the Outlook as your default email and you're still having issues about the notifications, let's try another workaround. Try turning the notifications on for the Outlook app. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click System then Notifications & actions.
    • Click on Outlook 2016.
    • Check if Notifications is On and set the
      Show in action center
      switch On.

If the issue still persists, try turning Mail app notifications off instead:

• Open Mail app then click Settings (gear icon on the bottom).
    • Select Notifications.
    • Turn off Show notifications in the Action Center to stop showing new emails in the Action Center.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Jan 25, 2016
  3. Action Center not opening in Win 10

Additional item of information. This is definitely being caused by Outlook 2016. In fact, I can get the action center working by just disabling and enabling Outlook 2016's notifications. No logoff /logon or power sequence is needed.

Of course, I realize other users may be having deeper problems such as action center, start menu and Cortana won't open.

In my case, I can definitely correlate this issue with Outlook 2016. Notifications from Outlook 2016 will work for awhile but eventually you won't get them and won't be able to open the action center.

Another possible clue. I seen this when a full screen program was running with Outlook in the background. Could it be that the full screen program blocks the notification and causes an issue in action center? More testing needed to prove that.

RobertScardapane, Jan 25, 2016
  4. glennnall Win User

i have the same problem - it has worked before, now with a brand new Clean (re)install of Win10Home and Office2016, ACenter doesn't recognize my Outlook mail.

anyone with expertise in this particular MS SNAFU? *Smile

thanks in advance.

glennnall, Mar 31, 2016
Thema:

1. No Notification of new Outlook 2016 mail in Action Center - Similar Threads - Notification Outlook 2016

2. Stop Outlook notifications in Action Center?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop Outlook notifications in Action Center?: Is there any way to prevent Outlook from putting a notification in Action Center every time I get an email? I still want the pop up, but I don't want a whole list of emails in there. I tried unchecking "Show notifications in Action Center" for Outlook in Notification...
  3. Outlook 2016 Calendar Notifications not showing up in the Action Center: MS case # 1460721609

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 2016 Calendar Notifications not showing up in the Action Center: MS case # 1460721609: Question...can Outlook 2016 feed my calendar appointment reminders/notifications to the Action Center or does it need to come from the native Win 10 Calendar? My theory is that it does not push from Outlook but nobody has been able to confirm this. I am not able to get...
  4. New notifications not showing in action center.

in Windows 10 Customization
    New notifications not showing in action center.: [IMG] [ATTACH] As you can see, the action center badge suggests new notifications but remains empty on opening. I have tried sfc and DISM tool, tried restarting file explorer, disabled and enabled action center from group policy but nothing has worked so far. Need a fix for...
  5. No notification in action center

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No notification in action center: I have problem in action center. I am using latest windows 10:Version 1809. Action center shows the numbers(badges) of notifications but when the action center is clicked it shows none of the notification though there actually is the notification from the app. So, how to fix...
  6. Action Center - E-Mail Notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center - E-Mail Notifications: I just had to approve some link to my online e-mail account in order to apply for a job. Now the Action Center on my laptop throws a notification across the screen every time I get e-mail. Can anyone advise how to disable this?...
  7. Mail app not showing notification in action center

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app not showing notification in action center: The only way I know if their is a emailnis if I open the app. The sync settings are set To show a banner and play a sound. To test I send a email from my phone and nothing happens on the pc unless I open the mail app. In settings it set fine. Their was a update this morning...
  8. No Avatars for Outlook 2016 (365) mail notifications in Action Center?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    No Avatars for Outlook 2016 (365) mail notifications in Action Center?: Hi, When a new e-mail appears in my Outlook 2016 (365) account(s), that is shown in Actions Center. However, the notification does not show the sender's avatar (image) even though that's saved to my People details for my most used contacts. I have seen these 'Avatars' in...
  9. IS there a time limit for Mail notifications in the Action Center?

in Browsers and Email
    IS there a time limit for Mail notifications in the Action Center?: I may have never noticed this in Windows 10 but after the 1607 anniversary update was released I noticed that Mail notifications that turned on the Action Center Icon and the Email subject and sender information in the action center, over time, would disappear without any...
  10. Mail Action Center Notification No Longer Works

in Browsers and Email
    Mail Action Center Notification No Longer Works: I used to get notification from Action Center for new email messages. Not any more. I searched various forums, and it appears to be a bug. Is everyone else experiencing this? I have two accounts connected to the Mail program--Outlook and Gmail. It's not getting...