Windows 10: No operating system

Discus and support No operating system in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I was trying to do a clean install of windows 10, however It got stuck for a very long time, so I had to reboot my computer. After trying to boot my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Heekz, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Heekz Win User

No operating system

So I was trying to do a clean install of windows 10, however It got stuck for a very long time, so I had to reboot my computer. After trying to boot my pc up I was met with the "No operating system was found, try disconnecting any drives that dont contain an operating system." the problem here is my pc can't recognize my keyboard nor mouse, I have tried with multiple keyboards with no luck, and I have no luck in booting up the USB drive since it doesn't get recognized either. So im kind left unable to get into BIOS or anything now, and I have no idea what I am going to do.

Please do ask any questions that will be able to help me.

:)

Heekz, Aug 5, 2016
  2. JoeNamco Win User

No operating system

First you are posting on a forum for testing of newer builds of Win 10 and isn't a support site for public builds of Win 10, my suggestion is to take the system to someone with the know how about computers as it will need to be diagnose as to what has failed.

JoeNamco, Aug 5, 2016
  3. gmanto Win User
    'no operating system'

Thanks for your info. But a vista op disc was not included, only the win 7 discs and they will not boot the pc.

When I talked to a MS rep (located in the Philippines!!!) I was told to buy win 8 and try to upgrade to win 10 again!!!

I told her I already bought win 7 and was not going to rebuy the OS...she did not seem to care.

gmanto, Aug 5, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

No operating system

Hi there.

Does your computer have a RAID or other hardware driver that needs to be loaded before the OS boots.

Also TOTALLY SWITCH OFF PC and disconnect from mains. Remove EVERYTHING attached to it --USB, keyboard / mouse etc and go and have a coffee (or better a Beer or two).

Now reconnect just a keyboard and Monitor and switch on into Bios.

Then if that works see if you can enable ist boot from USB. The Bios should also be able to see if it recognizes any HDD's.

You can set the BIOS via keyboard to move the menu bits.

Then boot from USB and insert Mouse.

Now you should be able to install an OS.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 5, 2016
  5. z3r010 Win User
    If it's not recognising anything then maybe try clearing the bios from the jumper/button on the motherboard and see if that helps.

z3r010, Aug 5, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    Will it show a 'Quick Boot' menu by pressing a certain function key at the splash screen?

Edwin, Aug 5, 2016
  7. Plankton Win User
    This is a HDD issue.....as the system can't find the HDD to boot from. This is generally caused by 1 of 2 things: 1. The cables have come loose or off from either the mobo and/or HDD. 2. The HDD itself has died.

To confirm this; pull out your HDD and see if you can access it from a 2nd computer.....either by connecting it to a docking station or connecting it internally.

Plankton, Aug 5, 2016
  8. Heekz Win User

No operating system

Will try this, however what do you mean by RAID or other hardwares?

Heekz, Aug 5, 2016
  9. Heekz Win User
    Not entirely sure what you mean, the keyboards itself won't even power on or anything, no lights or anything.

Heekz, Aug 5, 2016
  10. Heekz Win User
    Can you elaborate on this, clearing CMOS?

Heekz, Aug 5, 2016
  11. z3r010 Win User
    Yes clearing CMOS, every motherboard is different so you will need to check the manual for the location of the jumper or button on your motherboard to do it.

z3r010, Aug 5, 2016
  12. Heekz Win User
    Alright man, can you maybe explain what clearing the CMOS would be able to help with, I don't have the best knowledge in this field.

Heekz, Aug 5, 2016
  13. z3r010 Win User

No operating system

It will reset the bios back to default, hopefully you will get some keyboard functionality back and then be able to enter the bios and set up booting from USB or your hard drive.

z3r010, Aug 5, 2016
  14. Heekz Win User
    The same thing happened to my friend, however he as able to connect another keyboard which worked. However it doesn't for me, would the HDD be able to die from just this?

Heekz, Aug 5, 2016
  15. Heekz Win User
    Alright thanks for the response, I appreciate it *Smile

Heekz, Aug 5, 2016
Thema:

No operating system

1. No operating system - Similar Threads - operating system

2. error 1962 no operating system found. boot sequence will automatically repeat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error 1962 no operating system found. boot sequence will automatically repeat: Al encender la PC me salió ese error, presiono cualquier tecla y vuelve a salir, probé iniciar desde un USB de arranque y queda la pantalla negra con puntos de colores, probé cambiando configuración de arranque en la bios y sigue igual ya no se que hacer....
  3. error 1962 no operating system found. boot sequence will automatically repeat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error 1962 no operating system found. boot sequence will automatically repeat: Al encender la PC me salió ese error, presiono cualquier tecla y vuelve a salir, probé iniciar desde un USB de arranque y queda la pantalla negra con puntos de colores, probé cambiando configuración de arranque en la bios y sigue igual ya no se que hacer....
  4. error 1962 no operating system found. boot sequence will automatically repeat

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.: If <ESC> is pressed then this appears:Then appears a blue screen error that shows the stop code Inaccessible boot device. I tried startup repair, system restore, uninstall update. But nothing worked...
  6. The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.: If <ESC> is pressed then this appears:Then appears a blue screen error that shows the stop code Inaccessible boot device. I tried startup repair, system restore, uninstall update. But nothing worked...
  7. The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.

8. A component of the operating system has expired Error code : 0x0000605 memtest.efi windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A component of the operating system has expired Error code : 0x0000605 memtest.efi windows 11: I installed a new RAM and i checked it with Windows Memory Diagnostics, and this is what it went, how to fix this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-component-of-the-operating-system-has-expired/1d91b1ef-b2a2-4888-a8b4-b4707a3669c6
  9. A component of the operating system has expired Error code : 0x0000605 memtest.efi windows 11

A component of the operating system has expired Error code : 0x0000605 memtest.efi windows 11: I installed a new RAM and i checked it with Windows Memory Diagnostics, and this is what it went, how to fix this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-component-of-the-operating-system-has-expired/1d91b1ef-b2a2-4888-a8b4-b4707a3669c6
  10. How do you install an operating system on a hard disk on a laptop that says "Boot device...

How do you install an operating system on a hard disk on a laptop that says "Boot device...: Good day. I tried updating my laptop and suddenly it started jamming and then it turned itself off. When I tried turning it on it said "Boot device not found. Please install an operating system on your hard disk ". I was advised that I should replace my SSD with a new one and...