Windows 10: no option for recording devices in windows 10.

Discus and support no option for recording devices in windows 10. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to hear my mic (samsung meteor) through my headphones for recording and all the instructions for fixing it say right click on the speaker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LynnKeogh, Aug 7, 2018.

1. LynnKeogh Win User

no option for recording devices in windows 10.

I am trying to hear my mic (samsung meteor) through my headphones for recording and all the instructions for fixing it say right click on the speaker icon and choose recording devices...well that apparently is not an option in my windows 10...it seems to be for everyone else...why did I get so lucky? I try searching for recording devices....nothing comes up

I can go to volume mixer but my mic isn't listed I can go to sound setting and it says its there but the properties say its a speaker and I tried changing that but it won't give me that option. However just to make it even weirder and more annoying...when i use my mic by itself like for skype or something it works...people can hear me.

there is no specific driver for this mic and windows is supposed to choose the appropriate one, but how the hell do I know that it has since mics don't seem to exist? I have tried running the trouble shooter and it says there is no problem. How nice.

Please help you can hear how frustrated I am even though I can hear nothing from my mic.

thanks

Lynn

:)

LynnKeogh, Aug 7, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Recording Devices

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

A Code 10 error is generated in Device Manager in one of the following situations:

• Device Manager can't start the device.
    • One of the drivers that the device needs does not start.
    • Device Manager has insufficient information to recognize the error that is bubbled up by the device driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.
      • Click on Troubleshooting in the search results.
      • Click on Hardware and Sound and select Hardware and Devices and click on
        Next to run the troubleshooter.
    Step 2: Update the driver.

• Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager
    • In Device Manager, click the Driver tab in the device's
      Properties dialog box.
    • Click Update Driver to start the Hardware Update Wizard.
    • Follow the instructions to update the driver.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 7, 2018
  4. no option for recording devices in windows 10.

Steps Recorder in Windows 10

Hi,

To further assist you, we suggest that you provide your feedback on how to improve the resolution using the Steps Recorder by going to the Feedback Hub. Refer to the steps below:

• Go to Search or Cortana.
    • Type Windows Feedback.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

no option for recording devices in windows 10.

1. no option for recording devices in windows 10. - Similar Threads - option recording devices

2. Disabling recording devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling recording devices: I'm clearing my laptop of all video and audio recorders and came across these video devices in the registry. Can anyone tell me what they are, and why the duplicates?...
  3. Disabling recording devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling recording devices: I'm clearing my laptop of all video and audio recorders and came across these video devices in the registry. Can anyone tell me what they are, and why the duplicates?...
  4. Disabling recording devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Recording device

Recording device: Hello, so recently i installed a program which was supposed to help me with audio stuff. but after resetting my computer during config, my recording device stopped working my mic wont pick up any sound. I use a headset microphone. i was wondering if there was a way to like...
  6. Toggle Recording Devices

Toggle Recording Devices: I am trying to use my wireless earbuds via an external Bluetooth adapter. Here's my issue, if I enable the earbuds as a recording device, and use the hands-free telephony, then the audio quality goes down. The way I get around this is by disabling the earbuds as a recording...
  7. Windows Performance Recorder - exportprofile option not available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Performance Recorder - exportprofile option not available: Hello, I am using the windows performance recorder and would like to increase the buffer size because i'm getting dropped events when recording. I thought I can do this by exporting the built-in profiles using -exportprofile as noted in the online help:...
  8. Windows 10 - Recording Devices setting missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Recording Devices setting missing.: Greetings, I was looking for the volume input control for my recently added microphone and realised (after some searching online) that I no longer have the Recording Devices option when right-clicking my volume icon. Nor do I find it anywhere else. I have uninstalled and...
  9. Windows 10 Recording devices tab freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Recording devices tab freezes: Hi! Recently when i open Manage audio devices and i go to recording devices the tab does not respont to anything. I did never have this problem before and its annoying because i cant turn the backround noise remove. Pls can anyone help me?...
  10. Can't open playback or recording devices in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open playback or recording devices in Windows 10: Hello, for quite a few months now I have been unable to open the playback or recording devices on my windows 10 PC. Whenever I right click on my audio and press sound, the settings will pop up for a brief moment and then immediately disappear, no matter what I do to open the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recording devices windows 10

2. no recording devices windows 10

3. no recording devices in windows 10

4. no recording devices option windows 10,
  5. recording devices windows 10 disable,
  6. windows 10 no recording devices menu,
  7. windows 10 no recording devices