Windows 10: No option or slider to adjust Brightness ?

Discus and support No option or slider to adjust Brightness ? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Intel Compute Stick. Windows 10 Home. 1709 Build 16299.248. The usual brightness slider is nowhere to be found. Not in Power Options nor Settings >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by davidhk, Feb 16, 2018.

1. davidhk Win User

No option or slider to adjust Brightness ?

Intel Compute Stick.
    Windows 10 Home. 1709 Build 16299.248.

The usual brightness slider is nowhere to be found. Not in Power Options nor Settings > System > Display.

It is too bright. Hurting my eyes.

:)

davidhk, Feb 16, 2018
  2. lacrumb Win User

No brightness slider in Action Center after Creators Update

The tile with the sun and 100% is the brightness adjustment.

There are sliders in Power options.

lacrumb, Feb 16, 2018
  3. brightness control

For some reason, I do not have a brightness slider in my display settings options.

My screen is much too bright and is actually hurting my eyes. How can I adjust the brightness?

NancyMarple, Feb 16, 2018
  4. Cliff S New Member

Brightness sliders are only in !all in ones", like laptops, and tablets I believe.

Cliff S, Feb 16, 2018
  5. davidhk Win User
    Right now I am connecting the stick to a TV.
    So I thought there will be an option on the TV itself. Nope. No option to change brightness either. That's crazy.

Thanks anyway.

davidhk, Feb 16, 2018
  6. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome.
    If the tv doesn't have a backlight control, you need to go into advanced options(if you can) and adjust the brightness(black level) and contrast(or picture).

Cliff S, Feb 16, 2018
  7. davidhk Win User
    Adding ................

OK. I've found the Brightness option on my TV.
    The reason I did not find it before was because the Picture was set as Standard which does not allow change of Brightness.
    Changed to Personal allowed me to change Brightness.

It's better for my eyes now.

davidhk, Feb 16, 2018
  8. Cliff S New Member

*Thumbs On both my monitors, and my TV, I have daytime(well sun lit room) settings, and evening(electric ambient lighting) sert, my laptop though burns my eyes out.

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. No option or slider to adjust Brightness ? - Similar Threads - option slider adjust

2. Screen Brightness Doesn't Change When the Slider is Adjusted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Brightness Doesn't Change When the Slider is Adjusted.: My computer Inspirion 5490 AIO will not change brightness when I try to use the brightness slider. I have had this computer for a year, and right after I updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11 a few weeks ago, it has been stuck on the max brightness and I cannot fix it....
  3. Screen Brightness Doesn't Change When the Slider is Adjusted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Brightness Doesn't Change When the Slider is Adjusted.: My computer Inspirion 5490 AIO will not change brightness when I try to use the brightness slider. I have had this computer for a year, and right after I updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11 a few weeks ago, it has been stuck on the max brightness and I cannot fix it....
  4. Brightness slider or option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness slider or option: i can't find a option to fix my brightness https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider-or-option/62253d99-1a45-4974-9592-10713d9b2250
  5. No brightness adjust slider on laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No brightness adjust slider on laptop: So it's a weird one. Ideally I'd like to fix this. Things to know: The laptop had a screen replacement. It's a Lenovo ThinkPad T450 Windows 10 Version 2004 Bought off eBay I bought it as a laptop for university and discovered that the brightness was stuck at 100%. When i...
  6. No brightness adjustment slider

No brightness adjustment slider: I recently bought a new computer with a fresh update of Windows 10, and everything was working well until I went to adjust my brightness. I am running a 3GB Geforce 1060 and all my drivers are up to date. I've tried pretty much every fix I've come across, but so far nothing...
  7. Adjust Brightness option is missing

Adjust Brightness option is missing: Windows brightness option was working till last month and now it is not showing, when i right click on power icon on right bottom it shows only power options and Windows Mobility Center. Driver for Display Adapter is already installed and working. Where do i find that option...
  8. Brightness - no adjustment options?

Brightness - no adjustment options?: Hi - I would like to adjust the brightness. The two methods I use on other computers are the keyboard or through the Control Panel/Display. The keyboard method does not work. The Control Panel method shows no adjustment option? I tried updating the Display Driver and it...
  9. 1903 - Broke On Battery Brightness Adjustment (missing sliders)

in Windows 10 Support
    1903 - Broke On Battery Brightness Adjustment (missing sliders): Got 1903 installed and now missing both of those sliders [img] g Image I can still adjust brightness for Plugged In mode in the notifications menu and general brightness menu, but there is no way to set it for the Battery mode, when the notebook is unplugged. Worked fine...
  10. Missing Adjust Screen Brightness slider in Power Options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Adjust Screen Brightness slider in Power Options: My HP laptop performed a Windows Update today. As a result, I've lost my "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider in Power Options. I can still find it in Settings - Display. I have Win 10. I've found a YouTube video (specifically for Win 7) that suggests going to Device Manager -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no option to adjust brightness