Windows 10: No option to login using my local account since update

Discus and support No option to login using my local account since update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, I have updated my Windows 10 today and since the update it is impossible for me to log in to my local user account. The option to sign in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Marc Fennema, Jul 16, 2018.

1. No option to login using my local account since update

Hi all,

I have updated my Windows 10 today and since the update it is impossible for me to log in to my local user account. The option to sign in with a local account has completely disappeared from both the log in screen and the settings.

On the log in screen the only option I have is to log in with a school or work account.

Any idea what is going on?

:)

Marc Fennema, Jul 16, 2018

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 16, 2018
  4. No option to login using my local account since update

Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

• Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    • Entered the License Key
    • Created a local account
    • Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    • Let Windows use this account for all apps
    • Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    • Verified that the VM shows up there
    • deleted my VM locally
    • created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    • re-did steps 3-7
    • verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. No option to login using my local account since update :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

No option to login using my local account since update

1. No option to login using my local account since update - Similar Threads - option login using

2. Problem viewing local account password used to login to my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem viewing local account password used to login to my laptop: How can I VIEW my local account password that is stored on my laptop? I can log in to my laptop using my PIN but don't remember my password. I have accessed this before so I know it exists , wrote down location but lost the sheet with password and where this information is...
  3. Problem viewing local account password used to login to my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem viewing local account password used to login to my laptop: How can I VIEW my local account password that is stored on my laptop? I can log in to my laptop using my PIN but don't remember my password. I have accessed this before so I know it exists , wrote down location but lost the sheet with password and where this information is...
  4. Login using Azure AD account instead of local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login using Azure AD account instead of local account: Hi!I am trying to find the recommended way to go from using a local account to a Azure AD account for log-in on Windows 10. I have a computer with a local admin account. I used this to create a work account. It seems to go well and I can find the computer listed in Azure AD...
  5. Login using Azure AD account instead of local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login using Azure AD account instead of local account: Hi!I am trying to find the recommended way to go from using a local account to a Azure AD account for log-in on Windows 10. I have a computer with a local admin account. I used this to create a work account. It seems to go well and I can find the computer listed in Azure AD...
  6. Login using Azure AD account instead of local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cannot login using local account

Cannot login using local account: I want to unlink my microsoft account from my laptop so I can have a local account instead, but the option to do so is missing from my settings. after googling many times to see how to fix this, i could not find an answer besides just clicking the button that lets me use a...
  8. Using my local account login information to log into a Microsoft account

Using my local account login information to log into a Microsoft account: I have multiple windows 10 computers that were set up many years ago. When I originally set them up I used a local account instead of a Microsoft account. Somehow over time that account got linked to my Microsoft account and gives me the advantages of using additional...
  9. My Local Administrator Account wont work since updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Local Administrator Account wont work since updates: Hi all, Since the latest Windows updates I cannot sign in with my "Local Administrator Account" "the username or password incorrect" message appears. The password is 100% correct and the Administrator account is active as Ive checked via CMD prompt. This happened before...
  10. Remove local login option on Windows 10 account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove local login option on Windows 10 account: Hi, I have a computer which was originally setup with a local account and now it uses a Microsoft business account. However, upon login, I still see the local credentials login option which appears by default. This is not another user account, just another login option....