Windows 10: No options to login at Splash Screen

Discus and support No options to login at Splash Screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Greets all, One of the family computers is having problems. She said she had just reinstalled World of Warcraft and when she restarted the screen... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Intrepidation, Dec 18, 2016.

1. No options to login at Splash Screen

Greets all,

One of the family computers is having problems. She said she had just reinstalled World of Warcraft and when she restarted the screen was blank pink. Restarted it again (and several more times) and it will load to the splash screen but won't display the account. There's no option anywhere to login. All that can be done is restart or shut down. Weirdly, it also shows that its not connected to any network, but the computer is hard wired to the router.

No options to login at Splash Screen [​IMG]

Never had this happen before. Apparently F8 to safe mode no longer works in Windows 10 which is really idiotic, so I'm at a loss here.

System specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 925
    ECS Black Series A790GXM-A
    Corsair XMS2 4Gb DDR2 RAM
    Gigabyte GTS 450
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit

:)

Intrepidation, Dec 18, 2016

2. PC crashes at startup with different stop code everytime

I can boot up to see the splash screen, but it crashes right after the splash screen and before the login screen.

Praefervidus, Dec 18, 2016
  3. Windows will not allow me to save Word files. I receive an error msg telling me I don't have adminstrative access to save files.

Do you have a password you use to login to Windows on the splash screen? Maybe try that...

prettydarkskinnedgirl, Dec 18, 2016
  4. Asuza Win User

No options to login at Splash Screen

Hello Intrepidation, *Smile

Welcome to tenforums.

Do you have a Windows 10 Installation disk ( or USB stick )?

If so, boot from it and boot to advanced startup options.

1) Click on Troubleshoot
    2) Click on Advanced options
    3) Click on Startup Repair

Windows will now attempt to fix startup problems. If this doesn't work, then try to restore Windows from a System Restore Point.
    It is located top left at Advanced options.

If you would like a in-depth guide to assist you, here is an excellent one made by Brink : System Restore Windows 10

Asuza, Dec 18, 2016
  5. I don't have a disc, but I can create a bootable USB drive. I'll try that and report back. Thanks.

Intrepidation, Dec 18, 2016
  6. Asuza Win User
    Asuza, Dec 18, 2016
  7. Startup Repair didn't work, attempting a System Restore now.

Intrepidation, Dec 19, 2016
  8. No options to login at Splash Screen

Well it said successfully restored, but the problem persists.

9. So I did some more researching and tried, to no avail, a couple other things from the Command Prompt

chkdsk c: /r /x
    sfc /scannow

No options to login at Splash Screen [​IMG]

bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /scanos
    bootrec /rebuildbcd

Still no luck.

I'm almost to the point of just reinstalling Windows as there's nothing vital on the machine. However, if all other options are exhausted, my question is: There's no option in the recovery mode to "reset" the PC, there is the option to install Windows 10 at the beginning, but will it retain the Windows Key? Reason I ask is that the PC was upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

10. Bree New Member
    You don't need a key. When the PC was upgraded from 7 to 10 a Digital Licence tied to the hardware of the PC was recorded on the Microsoft's activation servers. Do a clean install and if asked for a key click 'I don't have one'. Once the install is complete Windows will activate automatically as soon as it can contact the activation servers. You could replace the hard drive if you like, this isn't part of the hardware ID stored on the activation servers.

11. Good to know. I think a reinstall is going to be on the menu.

12. Asuza Win User
    Before you reinstall,

Could you try to boot into savemode ? Perhaps it will work. To me it seems that all services in MSConfig are disabled.

Asuza, Dec 19, 2016
  13. No options to login at Splash Screen

Well my first thought was to boot into Safe Mode, but the traditional F8/Shift+F8 doesn't do anything. I read up that Windows 10 seems to want to "schedule" you to boot into Safe Mode from Windows itself, which is utterly stupid if that's the case. Typically you want to go into safe mode when Windows is having problems...like not letting you sign into it. Is there some other trick I'm missing?

14. Ended up reinstalling Windows, didn't format so was able to save the files in there. Good as new.

Intrepidation, Dec 21, 2016
  15. Asuza Win User
    Hello,

I'm very sorry that my suggestions did not work out as intended.

Glad to hear that your system is up and running again.

If you ever have another issue with Windows related , I will be willing to take it under the loop.

Have a nice weekend.

Asuza, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No options to login at Splash Screen

1. No options to login at Splash Screen - Similar Threads - options login Splash

2. Dell Splash Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell Splash Screen: Hello everyone The issue I'm encountering is quite annoying but I guess it can be considered minor. So this is the issue, when starting up my PC the Dell splash screen pops up and the bar starts to load, but only goes up halfway and doesn't progress further unless the USB...
  3. Splash Screen App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Splash Screen App: To: Microsoft Community Hello, I would like to make a splash screen but i just keep seeing things about removing splashscreen.exe or if it is a virus. I really just want to make a splash screen. Please respond with some code for a splashscreen. From: Heja Ali...
  4. Black screen with No Splash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with No Splash: So basically what I did was that I opened my whole pc and cleaned the dust and then I reassembled it back but now, whenever I press the power button I dont get the splash screen [Dell] and my screen only shows blinking white cursor. I cannot even access Bios. My specs:...
  5. Freeze/ Splash Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze/ Splash Screen: Hi all. I wasn’t sure which sub-forum to put this in (not having a BSOD, but, this is a technical “error” issue), but thought I’d post it here. Ever since I've had Windows 10 (2015?!), this issue I'm about to describe pops up intermittently. Sometimes months & months can go...
  6. Splash Screen Pictures

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Splash Screen Pictures: My question if for Microsoft. When my computer starts up a beautiful picture comes up before my usual desktop does. The pictures change periodically. They are stunning and beautiful and I think they are part of Microsoft Windows. Is there any way I can find out more about the...
  7. splash screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    splash screen: how can I use the splash screen as background 66324
  8. How can I bypass splash and login screens?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I bypass splash and login screens?: Previous versions of Windows I have installed from disc. When it came to the question of creating a password I left that blank and the computer booted to the desktop. In my new version of 10 I get a pretty picture which requires me to click on an icon at the bottom to get...
  9. Multiple BSOD (After Splash Screen, Before Login)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD (After Splash Screen, Before Login): I think I have it narrowed down to my videocard. File Attached. Thanks in Advance. 73362
  10. No login options on login screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    No login options on login screen.: So ... my Windows 10 computer won't let me log in. I'm at the login prompt screen and there's no login box to type in a password. This is what I see. Every 30 seconds or so the screen "pulses." See this video. For some context, this started happening when I looked up...