Windows 10: No password after sleep wake up

Discus and support No password after sleep wake up in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hello what im after is a way to start the computer when its in sleep mode in windows 10 when im not at home so i can use a remote to assess the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by flashgaz, May 24, 2018.

1. flashgaz Win User

No password after sleep wake up

hello what im after is a way to start the computer when its in sleep mode in windows 10 when im not at home so i can use a remote to assess the computer but im getting stuck when restarting asking for a password.
    im using task scheduler to create task to start with no problem then use "netplwiz" to set up no password but you still have to press a key to enter windows any suggestions plz.

:)

flashgaz, May 24, 2018

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 25, 2018
  3. Sleep and Password. windows 10

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

You may try this steps:

• Type Power & sleep settings in the search bar.
    • Click on Additional power settings
    • On the right side of the screen, click on Require a password on wake up
    • Under password protection on wake up, select the button that says required a password (recommended)
    • When your computer wakes up from sleep.
    • No one can access your data without entering the correct password to unlock the computer.
    • Clck on create or change user account password if you do not have one or you want to change your password.
    • Click on save changes below.

Hope this helps. Get back to us with the results. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, May 25, 2018
Thema:

No password after sleep wake up

1. No password after sleep wake up - Similar Threads - password sleep wake

2. Wakes up and then sleeps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wakes up and then sleeps: I open the lid of my surface, the screen lights up but doesn’t give the option of a password. It goes back to sleep after about 8 seconds. Neither the touchscreen nor any of the keys work....
  3. Wakes up and then sleeps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wakes up and then sleeps: I open the lid of my surface, the screen lights up but doesn’t give the option of a password. It goes back to sleep after about 8 seconds. Neither the touchscreen nor any of the keys work....
  4. **Windows asking for password after waking up from sleep**

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    **Windows asking for password after waking up from sleep**: Hello Microsoft Team,I am having some kind of issue related to passwords. My Computer does not ask for password when I turn it on. But after waking it from sleep it ask's for password, I want to disable that password after waking it from sleep. How can I do that?...
  5. Password After PC Wakes UP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password After PC Wakes UP: I have the latest versions of Windows 10 as of March 21, 2021. When my PC now wakes up it does not need a password to unlock it. How do I get that feature back? I had just followed some help on this page but it did not help as I could not find the areas mentioned to set...
  6. After waking up from sleep

After waking up from sleep: After waking up from sleep, how do I require a password sign-in. I don't want anyone to wake up my computer and see my desktop. Want to require my password to be entered to get access....
  7. waking up after sleep mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    waking up after sleep mode: my computer takes forever, 5 mins or so to wake up after it has been in sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-after-sleep-mode/dbb31876-ca52-496b-b682-f1ed2412533a"
  8. Sleep and Wake up

Sleep and Wake up: I use Windows 10 with latest fixes, my problem is when I put my PC to sleep I touch a key and the system unit wakes up but the screen stays sleeping. Eventually touching the mouse or more keys then makes the system reboot. Any help much appreciated...
  9. Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep: I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The...
  10. sleep wake up with no password

in Windows 10 Support
    sleep wake up with no password: hello what im after is a way to start the computer when its in sleep mode in windows 10 when im not at home so i can use a remote to assess the computer but im getting stuck when restarting asking for a password. im using task scheduler to create task to start with no problem...