Windows 10: No Password, but Microsoft locks me out of my computer

Discus and support No Password, but Microsoft locks me out of my computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've setup this computer for the primary user to not have a password. However, upon creating a Microsoft account, the system AUTOMATICALLY changed my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by bantar, Dec 27, 2015.

1. bantar Win User

No Password, but Microsoft locks me out of my computer

I've setup this computer for the primary user to not have a password. However, upon creating a Microsoft account, the system AUTOMATICALLY changed my account from Local to MS. Of course, using KeePass, we created a secure account with an unknown password. Locked out!

Followed the long tutorial process to create an alternate admin account. Then I was able to login and get my password from Keepass and login to the locked-out account. I right clicked on my user name to bring up settings only to find that my account was no longer a local account. It had been mysteriously changed to a MS account. Grrrr! So, I changed the account back to Local. It worked as desired - could logout and back in with no password.

Then later logged into Microsoft to play a game. Microsoft automatically reverted my local account to a MS account again. Double Grrrrrr!!!!! Locked out again! Yes, playing a silly game automatically changes your local account to a MS login - WITHOUT ASKING OR TELLING YOU!

Short of deleting all things that require a MS account (games, etc), is there anyway to prevent this automatic changing of my account? The primary user of this PC has no valid need for a MS account.

BTW, the tutorial here: Password of User Account - Remove in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums does not mention that this happens. I'm guessing it is the source of many failures that I've seen posted so far.

:)

bantar, Dec 27, 2015

2. Locked out of my laptop

I am also locked out of my desktop. Microsoft tech support reset my password 8 times on my laptop. That worked on my laptop each time. On my desktop I continue to receive the message the password is incorrect. When I go to Microsoft tools safe mode, etc.
    it ask me for a password. It won't take my password. Before me being locked out of my computer I could not click on the start menu, nothing would happen. When I restarted my computer I was totally locked out. Also my password box changed from me putting in
    4 digits to having to put in the actual password.

Can anyone help, without telling me I have to reinstall the system.

Regards

Sandy

SandraWise, Dec 27, 2015
  3. Password change

I have a new computer and my accounts have me locked out I need a new password for Microsoft accts

davestrykul, Dec 27, 2015
Thema:

No Password, but Microsoft locks me out of my computer

1. No Password, but Microsoft locks me out of my computer - Similar Threads - Password Microsoft locks

2. Microsoft has indirectly locked me out of my own computer..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft has indirectly locked me out of my own computer..: I am trying to sign into my windows account. My computer says there was a change in security settings, and for that reason I need to reset my pin. I enter my password for my Microsoft account which is accepted and then it says it will send me a verification code to my mobile...
  3. Microsoft has indirectly locked me out of my own computer..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft has indirectly locked me out of my own computer..: I am trying to sign into my windows account. My computer says there was a change in security settings, and for that reason I need to reset my pin. I enter my password for my Microsoft account which is accepted and then it says it will send me a verification code to my mobile...
  4. Microsoft has indirectly locked me out of my own computer..

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. My computer locked me out?

My computer locked me out?: I have not touched my computer at all and my password was working yesterday, but today when I enter my password it locks me out. It says my password is incorrect and I have typed it multiple times, checked the caps lock, and made sure it was correct but it still won’t let me...
  6. Locked out of my computer by Microsoft.

Locked out of my computer by Microsoft.: Recently my laptop broke and I had to revert to an old one to continue my work which worked fine but then on closedown I was prompted to upgrade which I did. The next time I booted up Iwas met with the Window to log into Microsoft. The problem is that the email address...
  7. Windows updates lock me out of my computer says incorrect password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates lock me out of my computer says incorrect password: Every time I do the latest quality update, I go to sign in and the password says "not correct" and there are two users that I can sign in as. My actual computer password doesn't work for either of them. So then I go back and uninstall the latest update or restore my computer...
  8. Locked out of Microsoft on my computer

Locked out of Microsoft on my computer: I have been locked out of my Microsoft on my computer. Online account works fine, but Cortana and Outlook and other features requiring my filling in a box - such as asking Cortana to find something - don't work. I have a blinking icon in the box, but when I type nothing...
  9. Resetting my computer locked me out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting my computer locked me out: I had a fail update and the error named sihost.exe been popping up so I reset the computer when that happen the Defaultuser0 came in now I'm looked out anyone know the password my computer is a windows hp covert to windows 10 it happen from windows failed update * Moved...
  10. My computer is locking me out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer is locking me out: i dont even know what to do at this point my start button and search button dont open when i click them i cant right click them when i try to run any thing in the run box it says my computer isnt ready the only things i can open are some of my files and my command prompt....