Windows 10: No password -not working

Discus and support No password -not working in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi *Smile I got a new computer with Windows 10. I tried to do what I had done before which was to make it where I wouldn't have to put in my Passwoprd... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ClaudiaThompson, May 11, 2018.

1. No password -not working

Hi *Smile

I got a new computer with Windows 10. I tried to do what I had done before which was to make it where I wouldn't have to put in my Passwoprd every time I restarted my computer, but this time, for whatever reason, it doesn't seem to work.

I live on my own and have no need really, for a Password.

This is what I have tried:

1. Click start button /put 'cmd' in the Search, and when the black screen comes on I type in:
    control user passwords2 then hit Enter button.

2. In the User Accounts dialog that appears, uncheck the box marked 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.'

3. Click OK, then confirm the automatic sign-in option by entering your password (twice).

4. Reboot.

As of now, if I got to the same place 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer' is still unchecked.

Where it says 'Users for this computer' it says under Users: 'This PC' and under Group it says 'Administrators'.

So if someone could please help me to figure this out why it is still making me put in my password I would be so happy *Smile

:)

ClaudiaThompson, May 11, 2018
Thema:

No password -not working

1. No password -not working - Similar Threads - password working

2. Why does my correct password for Windows not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my correct password for Windows not work: I changed the way I got on from Microsoft account to a local account and everything is screwed up. When trying to change it back to a Microsoft account I'm asked for the email address used and then at the very end it asks for the password to log into Windows and it tells me...
  3. Why does my correct password for Windows not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my correct password for Windows not work: I changed the way I got on from Microsoft account to a local account and everything is screwed up. When trying to change it back to a Microsoft account I'm asked for the email address used and then at the very end it asks for the password to log into Windows and it tells me...
  4. My administrator password does not work

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My administrator password does not work: My administrator password does not work, I have tried resetting it and many dofferent troublehsooting but still cannot get into my computer. I am 100% sure I am using the right administrator password. I am also connected to internet so it isnt that....
  5. My administrator password does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My administrator password does not work: My administrator password does not work, I have tried resetting it and many dofferent troublehsooting but still cannot get into my computer. I am 100% sure I am using the right administrator password. I am also connected to internet so it isnt that....
  6. My administrator password does not work

7. Windows Hello sign in via picture password gesture recently stopped working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello sign in via picture password gesture recently stopped working: This is a domain joined machine running windows 10; For at least a year i have been using the same Windows Hello picture password gesture to sign on to my machine with no issues. However, i was recently out of the office for a few days and when I returned that Monday, I was...
  8. Today my password suddenly stop working for my microsoft account and I have not changed it.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Today my password suddenly stop working for my microsoft account and I have not changed it.: My computer did an update and suddenly my password doesn't work to get into my Microsoft account. It is the same password for my computer, which I can get into using it, but as far as my Microsoft account goes, it asked me to sign in, and then said it is incorrect. I have...
  9. Today my password suddenly stop working for my microsoft account and I have not changed it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Today my password suddenly stop working for my microsoft account and I have not changed it.: My computer did an update and suddenly my password doesn't work to get into my Microsoft account. It is the same password for my computer, which I can get into using it, but as far as my Microsoft account goes, it asked me to sign in, and then said it is incorrect. I have...
  10. Today my password suddenly stop working for my microsoft account and I have not changed it.