Windows 10: No password -not working

Discus and support No password -not working in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi *Smile I got a new computer with Windows 10. I tried to do what I had done before which was to make it where I wouldn't have to put in my Passwoprd... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ClaudiaThompson, May 11, 2018.

1. No password -not working

Hi *Smile

I got a new computer with Windows 10. I tried to do what I had done before which was to make it where I wouldn't have to put in my Passwoprd every time I restarted my computer, but this time, for whatever reason, it doesn't seem to work.

I live on my own and have no need really, for a Password.

This is what I have tried:

1. Click start button /put 'cmd' in the Search, and when the black screen comes on I type in:
    control user passwords2 then hit Enter button.

2. In the User Accounts dialog that appears, uncheck the box marked 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.'

3. Click OK, then confirm the automatic sign-in option by entering your password (twice).

4. Reboot.

As of now, if I got to the same place 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer' is still unchecked.

Where it says 'Users for this computer' it says under Users: 'This PC' and under Group it says 'Administrators'.

So if someone could please help me to figure this out why it is still making me put in my password I would be so happy *Smile

:)

ClaudiaThompson, May 11, 2018
Thema:

No password -not working

1. No password -not working - Similar Threads - password working

2. Windows Security Username and Password not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Username and Password not working: I am trying to install Adobe Creative Cloud, which I am supposed to get for free through my university. When I attempt to login, a window pops up called "Windows Security" and asks for my user name and password. I've tried to get past this at least 15 times now with my...
  3. Password won't work

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password won't work: Password will not work at intial login or safe mode. I logged in successful on my other computer. It is not a pin I've tried safe mode 4, 5, & 6 I've tried using on screen keyboard I cant get to prompt screen because it won't take pswrd. Please help me. Thank you...
  4. Has password protected haring EVER worked in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Has password protected haring EVER worked in Windows 10 ?: I have been using Windows 10 since it was first released and have NEVER had password protected sharing work. No matter how many times I enter the correct username and correct password it always says it's wrong. And to make matters worse, it ALWAYS gets turned back on every...
  5. Password is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password is not working: My login password is not working. I have tried the methods as described via various online forums etc. in which one can attempt to change via the cmd prompt. However, because of the latest update (I assume) I am still prompted for my password. The apparent loophole is...
  6. password not working for advanced start-up login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    password not working for advanced start-up login: Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18632.329) I need to uninstall the latest update from windows 10 (kb4512941) to test an issue occurring with a virtual machine (whole separate issue than this one), but when I put in my password when asked at the advanced startup screen, it rejects...
  7. Stuck in safe mode, can't boot normally, password and internet won't work

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in safe mode, can't boot normally, password and internet won't work: Hi, I enabled safe mode with msconfig but it wouldn't accept my password no matter what I try, so now I'm trying to boot normally (ie disable safe mode). However, there is no option to do so. I don't know anything about using disks or USBs to boot, but no matter what I...
  8. Password not working

Password not working: Trying to log into one drive. I can do it just fine on my laptop but my desktop will not let me log in using the same account and password. Please assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-not-working/9fd699cc-6f66-43f8-951c-5cbc04a15183"
  9. i cant login to my pc. i have not changed my password but it no longer works.

i cant login to my pc. i have not changed my password but it no longer works.: i cant login to my pc. i have not changed my password but it no longer works. it's windows 10 initial screen password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-login-to-my-pc-i-have-not-changed-my/8b29e35b-bbc7-41a0-9528-3d57e8eb14b8"
  10. Bitlocker partially encrypted my hard drive - password not working - unable to read data.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker partially encrypted my hard drive - password not working - unable to read data.: Hi, I attached a removable hard drive with my office laptop. I mistakenly choose to bitlocker encryption. Bitlocker started encryption and stopped at 76%. After waiting for long time I removed it from laptop. After that I tried to read the data using my office laptop and home...