Windows 10: 'No pen or touch input is available for this display' after reinstall

Discus and support 'No pen or touch input is available for this display' after reinstall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 'No pen or touch input is available for this display' after Win10Home reinstall After five solid days of bashing my head against a wall* trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BobSter2, May 17, 2018.

1. BobSter2 Win User

'No pen or touch input is available for this display' after reinstall

'No pen or touch input is available for this display' after Win10Home reinstall

After five solid days of bashing my head against a wall* trying to get Win1709 to update to 1803 on my Tesco Connect Win 10 Home tablet, I finally resorted to doing a reinstall from an ISO/usb from Media Creator. (The old version of Win 10 worked fine, but new security updates were backed-up behind a repeated failing/redownloading 1803 update and never installed).

The fresh installation won't respond to any touchscreen access (also is stuck in portrait mode), which is pretty useless for a small tablet with no external mouse or keyboard.

Hardware is Tesco Connect 8, manufactured by Viglen (both reasonably big-name companies here in the UK), otherwise I don't have much info on the hardware.
    Atom processor; 1GB RAM, 32bit Win 10 Home, 32GB SSD, with a slot for a 32GB microUSB card

I found these drivers, but they don't help.
    download.viglen.co.uk - /files/Tablet_PC/Connect 8/

I have looked for other drivers via a Windows "Check for updates". Windows found a few minor ("Defender", MST etc) updates and a couple of intel drivers, which didn't help.

Windows>System>About shows:
    Device Specifications: Pen and Touch: No pen or touch input is available for this display

(the older (1609) version said "Limited Touch Support with 10 Touch points")

The machine is stuck in portrait mode (it used to rotate to landscape with the machine was rotated). The Action centre has no button for "Rotation Lock" and Windows> settings doesn't have an option to add it to the Action Centre. I can toggle 'tablet mode' on and off, but still no touch-screen.

I have rigged-up an external mouse via the microUSB/charger port (that is the only port, plus the uSD slot); The Accessibility on-screen keyboard works, so I can limp around to do some basic diagnostics, but can't (for example) do anything in Bios except look at the first page, as it needs an external keyboard, which I don't have.

I do have a Macrium image of the old, "won't do updates" 1609 version of Win10, so I could roll back to that if really necessary, but is there anything I can do to make the touchscreen on this new 1803 install work?

TIA

------------------------

* don't ask! - Stuff I tried to get the old version to update before giving up on it (probably redundant here, but included just-in-case):

regular positive path update gives 0x800706ba

Updates Troubleshooter gives 'Potential Windows UPdate Database error detected', not repaired.

Standalone troubleshooter (file: (20170905.cab) gives "Ununexpected error has occurred. The toubleshooting wizard can't continue".

sfc/scannow did not find any integrity violations

Media Creation tool: 'We couldn't install... 0xC1900101 - 0x2000D

0x800706BA - 0x20003 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during INSTALL_UPDATES operation

new w10 install tool (Windows10Upgrade9252.exe) run from C: gives "Something went wrong, 0xc190020e"

Resetting PC (from W10 Recovery menu) gives "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made

Deleted all user data and apps gaving about 9GB freee disc space. Shrunk pagefile.sys from 2.GB to 1.xGB

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup had no impact on WinSxS folder size

Tried using an 32GB microSD card to run all external installers/diagnostic tools. Windows didn't want to use any of the free space on it.

Fresh Start ("Refreshing your PC") gives "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made

:)

BobSter2, May 17, 2018

2. No pen & touch input is available for this display

Why my system said " No pen & touch input is available for this display" ?? besides,

before that everything is okey?? and none of the hid driver as there. anyone know what's the matter? and then it's

solutions.. thanks

My device : Lenovo Yoga 300, Windows 10

Rahmani_1975, May 17, 2018
  3. Windows 10 "No pen & touch input is available"

None of these methods help. The computer says "no touch or pen input available for this display" in the settings.. the driver "HID compliant touchscreen" is not in the device manager. Why isn't windows fixing this issue? This has been a problem for 3 months
    now and occurred with the Windows 10 update. Does anyone have a solution yet???

CarrieCohlmia, May 17, 2018
Thema:

'No pen or touch input is available for this display' after reinstall

1. 'No pen or touch input is available for this display' after reinstall - Similar Threads - 'No pen touch

2. How to trick Windows 10 Pro that there is a pen/touch input available for the display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to trick Windows 10 Pro that there is a pen/touch input available for the display: In short, here's what I'm trying to do:1. Use my personal pc remotely from another device Surface Pro2. Use the touch screen capabilities of my Surface Pro to write in OneNote on my personal pc.In long, here's what I'm trying to do:1. I am a math/computers teacher and am...
  3. How to trick Windows 10 Pro that there is a pen/touch input available for the display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to trick Windows 10 Pro that there is a pen/touch input available for the display: In short, here's what I'm trying to do:1. Use my personal pc remotely from another device Surface Pro2. Use the touch screen capabilities of my Surface Pro to write in OneNote on my personal pc.In long, here's what I'm trying to do:1. I am a math/computers teacher and am...
  4. pen and touch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pen and touch: hello my name is ryan and yesterday i did and update on my computer and when it was done the touch screen function was uninstalled and i cant seam to find the driver anywhere on line. can some one help me out this laptop is in side of a truck and needs the touch screen...
  5. Switching from pen input to touch input takes too long

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching from pen input to touch input takes too long: I'm on a 2-in-1 convertible laptop (Asus Zenbook Flip 14). When I'm just writing in Onenote, things work smoothly. Same with just the touch input itself. But when I go from writing with the pen to trying to pan around with touch input, it takes a few seconds to register any...
  6. I want to change my pen into touch input

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to change my pen into touch input: I have a Wacom Intuos S and I don't like the cursor, instead I prefer the star shaped cursor when there is touch. I don't have a touch screen display. Maybe there is a way to register pen as touch input? submitted by /u/ITProWindows [link] [comments]...
  7. How do i install pen and touch input driver ??

How do i install pen and touch input driver ??: i just want to know how to install it cause of the tablet mode i can't touch the screen thats why i wanna install the driver so i can use the tablet mode plizz help me...
  8. No pen or touch input is available for this display??

No pen or touch input is available for this display??: Okay, I'm in a bit of a pickle here. I've been going nuts over this. I can't use my stylus pen, nor is my touchscreen functioning. It was working fine one day and the next it just completely stopped. These are my device specifications. When the touchscreen and pen...
  9. No pen or touch input is available for display

in Windows 10 Customization
    No pen or touch input is available for display: I tried to turn on the touch screen for my new laptop but I cannot find the driver. There is no HID compliant touch screen. Any can help me? ASUS VivoBook S14 S410UN EB154T...
  10. 'No pen or touch input is available for this display' Error

'No pen or touch input is available for this display' Error: 'No pen or touch input is available for this display' after Win10Home reinstall After five solid days of bashing my head against a wall* trying to get Win1709 to update to 1803 on my Tesco Connect Win 10 Home tablet, I finally resorted to doing a reinstall from an ISO/usb...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no pen or touch support for this display

2. touch screen pc no input for pen and touch

3. no pen and touch is avalable for this display wacom

4. no pen or touch available for this display wacom