Windows 10: No permssion to access from one computer to the other (Solved)

Discus and support No permssion to access from one computer to the other (Solved) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home, Version 103, OS Build 17134.1, WiFi Network works for Internet. I cannot access either computer from the other with the removal of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Not Myself, May 6, 2018.

1. No permssion to access from one computer to the other (Solved)

Windows 10 Home, Version 103, OS Build 17134.1, WiFi Network works for Internet.

I cannot access either computer from the other with the removal of Home Groups. I have spent three hours reading help files, tutorials, etc, and have come up with nothing that will eliminate error messages such as "Windows cannot access \\John-PC\Documents", and telling me that I don't have permission to do that, and that I should talk to network administrator about the problem. I have been talking to myself to no avail.

I have changed a number of settings during the time spent trying to fix this, and no longer get pop-ups about such things as the network password, but, again, no solution. Many of the help files only refer to Home Groups, so are of no assistance; others have what look to be helpful information, but either I already have the suggested settings or just done give me the needed permissions.

:)

Not Myself, May 6, 2018
Thema:

No permssion to access from one computer to the other (Solved)

1. No permssion to access from one computer to the other (Solved) - Similar Threads - permssion access computer

2. Can access a shared folder on one computer, but not on the other.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can access a shared folder on one computer, but not on the other.: Hi all,One of our users had a network shared folder mapped as a drive on his previous laptop.He got a new laptop from us lately, and when we tried to access the same path with the same user credentials, it said he doesn't have the permissions for that folder.It's weird and...
  3. Can access a shared folder on one computer, but not on the other.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can access a shared folder on one computer, but not on the other.: Hi all,One of our users had a network shared folder mapped as a drive on his previous laptop.He got a new laptop from us lately, and when we tried to access the same path with the same user credentials, it said he doesn't have the permissions for that folder.It's weird and...
  4. Need to Access other Computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to Access other Computers: Hello, I have 3 computers in my home and I sometimes need to see things on the other computers but when I try to connect using File Explorer I am asked for a password. I don't recall being asked for a password that would be used to enter any of my computers and if I were...
  5. From one Computer to the Other

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    From one Computer to the Other: If i were to download minecraft on one window/microsoft store and it is connected to an email. and i would like to transfer so i can also play minecraft on another microsoft computer/window can i do that or do i have to pay...
  6. Remotely accessing one of my other computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remotely accessing one of my other computer: Is there a way I can remotely open a computer that has my microsoft account as the administrative account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remotely-accessing-one-of-my-other-computer/60e12cfc-cb51-4765-a84b-66237aad8e3b
  7. Access the directory tree on one computer from another computer

Access the directory tree on one computer from another computer: I have a laptop and desktop computer. Microsoft set an icon on each computer to access the directory tree on the other computer by clicking on the icon. This is no longer working. When I phoned Microsoft Support they gave me a case number and told me they were passing me on...
  8. Two Win 10 computers. One can access the other, but it is one way only.

Two Win 10 computers. One can access the other, but it is one way only.: Older HP desktop can access new Asus laptop but the Asus cannot get into the HP. Have Norton Security installed on both. I've tried disabling firewalls. Nothing works. Both computers can access Internet....
  9. No permssion to access from one computer to the other (Solved)

No permssion to access from one computer to the other (Solved): Caledon Ken: Thanks, but I am still confused--and that was after I had just read at least three or four more on-line articles about this. Let me start, in no particular order: 1. Again I have two computers, John-PC1 (mine), and my wife's, which is John-PC. Thus, on...
  10. One computer cannot access other network computers.

One computer cannot access other network computers.: I have three windows 10 PCs and one NAS on my network. One PC (Lenovo 220X) and the NAS are hardwired. The other two are wireless (Surface Pro 1 and Surface pro 4) The surface pro 4 can see but not access either of the two other PCs. The other PCs can see and access each...