Windows 10: no picture after wake up

Discus and support no picture after wake up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I have only just noticed that since the last build(9879). when my pc goes into sleep mode I cannot wake it up without having to press the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by toppergraph, Nov 28, 2014.

1. no picture after wake up

Hi all,
    I have only just noticed that since the last build(9879). when my pc goes into sleep mode I cannot wake it up without having to press the reset button. usually I just wiggle the mouse and it comes on in the lock screen and enter password.I have set the advanced power settings to default and its still the same.
    Am I doing something silly or is there a problem?.

:)

toppergraph, Nov 28, 2014

2. build 10240 still has some bugs

The pc will also not stay asleep. Wakes up after about 30 seconds. Ive tried to make every device i have set to not wake the computer and it still happens. Also the picture viewer will not open when trying to open a picture

Masterflorio, Nov 28, 2014
  3. JayWillig Win User
    Windows 10 July Update no longer getting Pictures coming out of sleep Mode

1. Make of Computer is Jay Willig Special home built

2. Yes after July update no longer getting pretty Pictures after wake up from sleep Mode just a black screen with date and time.

3. yes everything else works fine. I just would like to have the nice Pictures turned back on after computer wakes up from sleep mode

JayWillig, Nov 28, 2014
  4. usasma Win User

no picture after wake up

I lost that ability on my 8.1 laptop a long time ago and have never been able to get it back.
    There's several different things that affect this, but I'm not sure that I've found them all.

Power configuration settings (powercfg.cpl => Change plan settings => Change advanced power settings => go through the list)
    Mouse settings (Control Panel=> Hardware and sound=> Devices and Printers => Mouse => check all the tabs)
    Hibernate/Sleep settings (PC Settings => PC and devices => Power and Sleep => not much available here in Win10)

usasma, Nov 28, 2014
  5. I have tried Default and difrent combinations in the advanced power setings menu all give the same resut:the computer will not wake up from sleep mode unless i reset.I have even conected a usb mouse same: so its not a a wireless K/B and Mouse problem. I am sure this problem was not on the previouse build.

6. I have just dug out my old Ps2 microsoft K/B and mouse still the same problem anyone else HAD this Problem?.

7. wptski Win User
    I have the same issue as well.

wptski, Nov 28, 2014
  8. no picture after wake up

I think i have solved the problem it`s the Bios settings: my Mboard is Gigabyte GA-A55M-DS2: enter Bios set up and make sure that KEYBOARD or MOUSE power on is enabled.YOU can password protect this if you wish. I don`t Know why I did not notice this before my system just used to wake up from sleep with a wiggle of the mouse or keyboard.Baffled only noticed with this latest build(9879). Now cheaking all is O/K. will report back later after all night left on sleep.Let me KNOW if it solves your problem WPSKI.

Regards TOPPER.

9. wptski Win User
    I'm not sure if this started with 9879 build or not but I'm on a dual-boot with W7 which has never had this problem and it doesn't do it all the time either.

wptski, Nov 28, 2014
  10. I'm not sure if this started with 9879 build or not but I'm on a dual-boot with W7 which has never had this problem and it doesn't do it all the time either. I am also Duel boot with win 7:have you tried the bios settings as described in last post?.
    Topper.

11. wptski Win User
    No such settings in my BIOS.

wptski, Nov 28, 2014
  12. I can't wake my PC with any USB keyboard/mouse in:
    • Any version of Windows (real not VM)
    • Linux Mint 17
    I've never been able to make that work on any PC, unless I use a PS/2 keyboard and/or mouse. *Sad

In W7, I've made sure that the appropriate USB devices are set to allow wake up.
    I've tried toggling the BIOS settings, but no combination of settings seems to make any difference.
    Maybe there is a jumper that isn't connected on my motherboard. *Confused

The USB devices are obviously powered down as no lights can be seen.
    With the PS/2 mouse, I could see that the LED was still active when the OS was asleep.

I've tried "wake via the network" and it works for me (but I keep that setting disabled).

I can wake my W10 VM with the mouse (when the Host OS is awake).

lehnerus2000, Nov 29, 2014
  13. no picture after wake up

I spoke too soon (again) woke this morning:front pannel power LED on: Internal fans were on: blank screen and it would not wake up untill I pressed the re-set button.
    I am going to re-set the Bios power settimgs to default(see Mboard manul) and try win 7 again.

Back soon. Topper.

toppergraph, Nov 29, 2014
  14. O/K back again.
    I powered down the pc and re-boot into Bios setup:reset all Power management settings to the Mboard manul`s default.
    saved an exit and booted into win 7. Re-set Advanced power settings to default:Tested sleep mode and all was fine system was quiet :No Front panel LED no internal fans: A quick wiggle of the mouse and bingo back to desktop(no password set at log on).
    RE-boot into Win 10 TP :Re-set advanced power settings set to default:Tested sleep mode and all was fine No Front panel LED no Internal fans and again a quick wiggle of the mouse and bingo came on in lock screen mode(password protected)AS normal(same as last Build).
    I am absolutely Baffled as to why I have had to go through all this to get the machine performing sleep mode as I am used to it performing.
    The only Time I have ever adjusted the power settings in the Bios was when I first Built the machine Two years ago.

Any News from Microsoft about how this build could have caused this?.
    I shall re-test again over night to double check.
    Any comments please still flumuxed.

Topper.

toppergraph, Nov 29, 2014
  15. still working fine except for typo errors due to a bug in the Keyboard response times I understand this is being looked at for next build.

Topper.

toppergraph, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

no picture after wake up

1. no picture after wake up - Similar Threads - picture wake

2. Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background: I've been trying to change my lock screen and wallpaper, but when I go to click a picture or even a folder -- no photos show up. It appears on my laptop, but just not when I try to change my background. I saw this same question and there was an answer, but the command ran...
  3. Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background: I've been trying to change my lock screen and wallpaper, but when I go to click a picture or even a folder -- no photos show up. It appears on my laptop, but just not when I try to change my background. I saw this same question and there was an answer, but the command ran...
  4. Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Blurry or ghosting windows apps or programs check pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry or ghosting windows apps or programs check pictures: I'll just refer to this as ghosting but it somewhat reminds me of burn-in with the way previous frames just stay in the background. This is the EU4 loader but it happens in new Teams and possibly some others. I've tried changing GPU and updating / resetting drivers but no...
  6. Blurry or ghosting windows apps or programs check pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurry or ghosting windows apps or programs check pictures: I'll just refer to this as ghosting but it somewhat reminds me of burn-in with the way previous frames just stay in the background. This is the EU4 loader but it happens in new Teams and possibly some others. I've tried changing GPU and updating / resetting drivers but no...
  7. Blurry or ghosting windows apps or programs check pictures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Change the picture of Wake Screen ?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change the picture of Wake Screen ?: How do I change the wake up screen picture in Windows 10? It seems to be stuck on a picture I don't like. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-picture-of-wake-screen/f56eacd7-d87d-4440-9370-f73c5210745b
  9. pictures on screen upon waking up

pictures on screen upon waking up: When my computer wakes up there are always new pictures showing on the screen and it wants to know if I like them or not. I've been saying "no" for a couple of months now and they still keep coming back. I've turned off everything I can find that seems related and I still get...
  10. No picture on screen after waking computer up after AU update

No picture on screen after waking computer up after AU update: Hello, After installing the Windows 10 AU update on my HP Envy m6 Sleekbook, I've noticed that upon waking my computer up, there is no background picture displayed: [img] The picture shows up if I started typing and the password prompt screen shows up, but then...