Windows 10: No Pin To Start Option

Discus and support No Pin To Start Option in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] No system restore point. What happened is that I installed an app and I accidentally clicked "Install" for a chrome plug-in. It removed some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iamDevlin, Dec 23, 2015.

1. iamDevlin Win User

No Pin To Start Option

No Pin To Start Option [​IMG]

No system restore point.

What happened is that I installed an app and I accidentally clicked "Install" for a chrome plug-in. It removed some shortcuts on my start menu and I was just "Okay. I'll just pin them again." And at this point I already scheduled a chkdsk for c: so I restarted my PC first. But when I came back I found out that Pin to Start is gone. I removed the chrome plugin and the app itself but still, the problem is still there.

EDIT: Cannot drag from "All apps" list to Start Menu icons area also. It shows a red error circle. And when right clicking a shortcut on the Start Menu, there is no "Unpin from Start"

:)

iamDevlin, Dec 23, 2015
  2. bigd9834 Win User

No option to pin apps to taskbar or uninstall apps

dism completed successfully and sfc /scannow did not find any violations, still those options do not show up. Another issue I have with apps is that they crash on opening, photos app crashes and twitter.

bigd9834, Dec 23, 2015
  3. No option to pin apps to taskbar or uninstall apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

• Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

Then try to check if you find the option by right clicking on any app.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Dec 23, 2015
  4. iamDevlin Win User

No Pin To Start Option

As much as possible, I want to fix this problem without refreshing my pc.

iamDevlin, Dec 23, 2015
  5. iamDevlin Win User
    This is killing me. I guess I'll just refresh my PC. Fml.

iamDevlin, Dec 23, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    Press and hold Shift while right clicking.

Edwin, Dec 23, 2015
  7. iamDevlin Win User
    Doesn't work.

iamDevlin, Dec 23, 2015
  8. Im Batman Win User

No Pin To Start Option

hi, did you have any luck fixing this? I'm having the same issue, it's a very frustrating issue, ive been to load of forums and haven't found anything helpful

Im Batman, Apr 25, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

No Pin To Start Option

1. No Pin To Start Option - Similar Threads - Pin Start Option

2. Turn off the pin option when starting my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off the pin option when starting my desktop: I also have a desktop with windows 11 and when I attempt to follow the instructions on how to disable the pin option, the disabled button is greyed out and unable to select it. Why do I have to have a pin option to sign into my own computer in my home. These tech companies...
  3. My pin is disabled and start up options are not showing up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pin is disabled and start up options are not showing up?: Hey, since last week my computer has been saying my pin is unavailable with an option that says “set up my pin” below it. However, when you click the option, nothing happens. I’ve looked up YouTube tutorials to learn to hold the shift key down while restarting to go to the...
  4. My pin is disabled and start up options are not showing up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pin is disabled and start up options are not showing up?: Hey, since last week my computer has been saying my pin is unavailable with an option that says “set up my pin” below it. However, when you click the option, nothing happens. I’ve looked up YouTube tutorials to learn to hold the shift key down while restarting to go to the...
  5. My pin is disabled and start up options are not showing up?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Remove the option to add pin etc at start up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove the option to add pin etc at start up: Hi, I have just installed 2 x SSD with the help of some Win 7 members. One runs Win 7 & the other Win 10 Im pretty much all set up now but one thing Im stuck with is the option to either enter Pin or Password at start up every time. Im the only user so when I switch on pc...
  7. How do I remove the start up pin option ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove the start up pin option ?: Cancel does not work as posted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-remove-the-start-up-pin-option/b12a2c27-9ec6-4ea1-bbf2-a42b5f2e7b76"
  8. No pin option after FRESH START

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No pin option after FRESH START: Hi guys, after i did a fresh start i found i no longer had the pin option, just had password, i went to sign in options, clicked on pin i then had to enter my m/soft password, i then clicked on pin, but nothing but a glimpse of the activity ring, oh i did follow your piece on...
  9. Lost "Pin to Start Screen" and other options, can't drag icon to Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost "Pin to Start Screen" and other options, can't drag icon to Start: My Start Screen very weird recently. I can't drag icon app to Start, I can't drag to organize app on Start, when I right click on app, only "More" appears, other options just gone, can anyone help me, it's so annoying. [img] [img] 41349
  10. No Option to Pin to Start

in Windows 10 Support
    No Option to Pin to Start: Hey guys. no matter what I try, I'm unable to pin to start - this is the standard 10240 build. Win 10 Pro (my desktop) I believe I had the ability to pin in the past but now all of a sudden it just doesn't exist. Even if I drag is shows a circle with a cross through...