Windows 10: No POST at startup

Discus and support No POST at startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am using an ASUS A540la ,with W10. At start I get no POST, just a blank screen, windows eventually loads and behaves normally, also if I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rayal, May 16, 2017.

1. Rayal Win User

No POST at startup

Hi, I am using an ASUS A540la ,with W10.
    At start I get no POST, just a blank screen, windows eventually loads and behaves normally, also if I try to access BIOS screen that also is blank and I have to restart to load windows.
    Does any one know a solution for this other than factory reset
    Thanx for any help

:)

Rayal, May 16, 2017

2. P.O.S.T. log at startup

I have been trying to figure this out since I got my new Dell Computer with Windows 10 on it almost a year ago. In previous versions of Windows, I was able to set the BIOS of that computer to show me the Power On Self Test (POST) results prior to starting
    Windows. I have not been able to find a setting to do that. I contacted Dell today to find out why, and I was told that this ability was removed with Windows 10. I would like to know why, and I would like to request that you put that feature back in. I
    would like to see these results at startup so I can be sure all my hardware is working properly and that I can see all devices prior to the start of Windows 10.

Daniel Toomey, May 16, 2017
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, May 16, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

No POST at startup

Power On Self Test test all the hardware quickly to make sure it works and then allows you to boot the computer from a bootable device.
    If you are not getting POST then there is more then likely a hardware problem.
    Remove all external devices, USB drives, etc. restart and press F2 to load Setup (Bios) if the screen is blank after pressing F2, then press F7 next, this will load Optimized Default Bios settings. Press F10 to Save and Exit the Bios
    If this fails then Remove the Laptop Battery, and unplug the power adapter. Then try unplugging the CMOS Battery which will take disassembly, wait a few minutes and plug it back in, or better yet, replace the CMOS battery. .

spunk, May 16, 2017
Thema:

No POST at startup

1. No POST at startup - Similar Threads - POST startup

2. For Ramesh Srinivasan- The posts are deleted when I upload the link with the logs. What to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For Ramesh Srinivasan- The posts are deleted when I upload the link with the logs. What to do?: i dont have printer management on manage optional features- My previous post was deleted and I don't understand whyWhat is your e-mail address? I will send you an email...
  3. For Ramesh Srinivasan- The posts are deleted when I upload the link with the logs. What to do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    For Ramesh Srinivasan- The posts are deleted when I upload the link with the logs. What to do?: i dont have printer management on manage optional features- My previous post was deleted and I don't understand whyWhat is your e-mail address? I will send you an email...
  4. No Post after latest updatesimilar to fast startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No Post after latest updatesimilar to fast startup: TLDR: Seems like Fast start up is locked on. v: 21h2b: 19044.1466exp: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0After the recent update My computer no longer shuts down. Even when shutdown is selected and options to remove fast startup are disabled. I would like to know...
  5. No Post after latest updatesimilar to fast startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Post after latest updatesimilar to fast startup: TLDR: Seems like Fast start up is locked on. v: 21h2b: 19044.1466exp: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0After the recent update My computer no longer shuts down. Even when shutdown is selected and options to remove fast startup are disabled. I would like to know...
  6. No Post after latest updatesimilar to fast startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Missing Option for Startup in Apps Settings Windows 10 [x-post from /r/techsupport]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing Option for Startup in Apps Settings Windows 10 [x-post from /r/techsupport]: I have a fresh install of Windows 10 1909 and the "Startup" option is missing under Settings -> Apps on the left hand side. Under "Video Playback" there should be another option called "Startup" to easily turn on and off apps that start up. Other computers in my organization...
  8. Dual monitor setup - secondary monitor failing to post on startup

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual monitor setup - secondary monitor failing to post on startup: Hi all, I have been running a dual monitor setup on a Windows 10 PC and ever since a windows update a few weeks ago I have been having the following issue.. When I boot up the PC initially I see the same display on both screens, all perfectly normal. However when I land...
  9. Post CU Startup fails but Restart OK

in Windows 10 Support
    Post CU Startup fails but Restart OK: Post CU, when I switch on PC (after shut down) the start up process appears to complete succesfully except when I try to launch my browser I get Error window 'Server not found'. A few fix suggestions plus 'Try again' all fail. However if I now Restart (via Start_ Power) the...
  10. Help=System clocking at "Post Window Picture" at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Help=System clocking at "Post Window Picture" at startup: I was in middle of reinstalling my nvidia graphics drivers for my GTX 660 when the cat bumped the power cord behind the PC-obviously may have been a tiny bit loose. I figured no problem. I will just boot system up and have non accelerated graphics until I get the drivers...