Windows 10: No power!

Discus and support No power! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Last evening as I was on my system like normal; all the sudden I got a popping sound and my system shut off. I then tried to turn it back on and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matt Siegel, Sep 5, 2015.

1. No power!

Last evening as I was on my system like normal; all the sudden I got a popping sound and my system shut off. I then tried to turn it back on and it won't power back on even though I can see power is getting to the system board because there is a power and reset button on the board that are lit up. I just let it rest over night and tried again just now but it still will not power on. Does this sound like a power supply issue?

:)

Matt Siegel, Sep 5, 2015
  2. ...No... Win User

Shift Lock On Windows 10

Hello,how do I enable shift lock on Windows 10? Somebody help!!!

...No..., Sep 5, 2015
  3. Power options not working and no power management tab In windows 10

I tried all this and finally hibernate is working but it comes back up and run the computer without me doing anything. I believe it should stay in that mode until I touch a key or move my mouse..

I did not experienced this when I had win 7 professional.

My win 10 is pro 64 bit.

Thank you

Pablo

Pablo E Linares, Sep 5, 2015
  4. labeeman Win User

No power!

Check your fans if they come on, if they do not I would strongly suspect the Power supply.

labeeman, Sep 5, 2015
  5. Snakeyes Win User
    Your Asus board should have LED indicators that come on during the boot process. These are diagnostic and your motherboard manufacturer should have a table that helps you identify the appropriate issues.
    It could be your motherboard or your power supply. If the LEDs do not come on then the motherboard definitely has an issue, especially if the power and reset buttons are lit. Also check the beeps when the motherboard turns on and the LED next to the memory.

Best of luck

Snakeyes, Sep 5, 2015
  6. Kanata Win User
    Your local computer store should sell a small inexpensive power supply tester that you can use to test the PSU and at least narrow it down. Good thing to keep in the tool box if you do a lot of computer work. The store may even test your PSU for you real quick.

Kanata, Sep 5, 2015
  7. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    You can also use a multimeter if you have one.
    Find an unused molex or SATA power connector and connect the positive (red) lead to the yellow wire socket, and the negative lead (black) to a black wire socket. Then read the voltage as you turn the PC on. You should get a steady 12v. If you don't the internal fuse or a capacitor has blown. These can not (should not) be repaired.

The motherboard uses low voltage (5v and 3.3v) for the power logic circuit. So even if the 12v is fried, you can still get the low voltage feed. But the machine will not turn on without the 12v.

8. vger Win User

No power!

It sounds like to me a capacitor blew out,either in the psu or the mobo.

vger, Sep 5, 2015
  9. great! so either way it sounds like i am gonna have to shell out out of pocket. just what i don't need as i am on a very tight budget and as such i just don't have the funds to go out replacing a motherboard and or a power supply. I think I am going to take out the power supply at the very least and take it to a computer place and have it tested because i do not have a volt meter to test with.

Matt Siegel, Sep 5, 2015
  10. Kanata Win User
    That will make the most sense. Worst case though is that a bad power supply has also damaged the motherboard. Hopefully it's only one or the other device that's bad. If you have to get a new power supply, get a good quality one like a Corsair. The power supplies that are built into a case or a complete system are usually cheap and often flaky and not unknown to damage motherboards. Good luck.

Kanata, Sep 5, 2015
  11. labeeman Win User
    You could also do a smell test.

labeeman, Sep 5, 2015
  12. Well folks! good news!!! it was NOT my board! thank goodness!!; it was in fact the power supply. Took it out and went to have it tested at frys electronics(local chain) and the guy put their tester on it and the tester would not even power up. That told me that it was most likely the power supply. So; bit the bullet(obviously didnt have a choice in the matter anyway) and bought one with a 5 year warranty on it. The brand is called thermaltake which Ive never heard of before; but according to frys; its just as good as the previous one I had in there only with a 5 year warranty. However; I am going after the other company for reimbursement as I feel it should be covered. If they decide they arent going to help me out; well I have ways of getting companies to take notice and answer to me real quick. Ive had to do that in the past and its always worked out in my favor. *Wink

Matt Siegel, Sep 5, 2015
  13. bobkn Win User

No power!

Thermaltake is a respectable manufacturer. So is Antec, if that was your old PSU. Thermaltake is best known for cases.

bobkn, Sep 6, 2015
  14. Im really starting to wonder about antec being a respectable mfr.

Matt Siegel, Sep 6, 2015
  15. essenbe Win User
    Antec has always made decent power supplies, but I doubt you will get your money back. But, if it was still under warranty they should replace it.

essenbe, Sep 6, 2015
Thema:

No power!

1. No power! - Similar Threads - power

2. Kernel power shutdown error 43 and screen gets patches when using remote desktop connection.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel power shutdown error 43 and screen gets patches when using remote desktop connection.: My Pc Shuts down on its own and sometimes it gets restart on its own.I also receive certain patches when i am using remote desktop connection. I tried changing the graphic card,ram and motherboard,and also re-installed the windows on the same system. But that didnt solve the...
  3. Kernel power shutdown error 43 and screen gets patches when using remote desktop connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel power shutdown error 43 and screen gets patches when using remote desktop connection.: My Pc Shuts down on its own and sometimes it gets restart on its own.I also receive certain patches when i am using remote desktop connection. I tried changing the graphic card,ram and motherboard,and also re-installed the windows on the same system. But that didnt solve the...
  4. Kernel power shutdown error 43 and screen gets patches when using remote desktop connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED/ Kernal power id 41 issue - Constantly blue screen error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED/ Kernal power id 41 issue - Constantly blue screen error.: I have been getting blue screen errors for many months under the error code "critical_process_died". I have tried to fix the issue using several methods using diskscan, etc. But this is happening again and again. The most recurring issue is kernal power event id 41 issue....
  6. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED/ Kernal power id 41 issue - Constantly blue screen error.

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED/ Kernal power id 41 issue - Constantly blue screen error.: I have been getting blue screen errors for many months under the error code "critical_process_died". I have tried to fix the issue using several methods using diskscan, etc. But this is happening again and again. The most recurring issue is kernal power event id 41 issue....
  7. PLEASE HELP!! my pc crashes in mid full scan and not turns back on till i cuts of the power...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLEASE HELP!! my pc crashes in mid full scan and not turns back on till i cuts of the power...: my pc crashes in mid full scan and not turns back on till i cuts of the power and turn it back on.I think its a BIOS virsus : because I also tried reinstalling the windows many times. and also faced errors like - Your IT admin limited access of some featuresbut it my personal...
  8. PLEASE HELP!! my pc crashes in mid full scan and not turns back on till i cuts of the power...

PLEASE HELP!! my pc crashes in mid full scan and not turns back on till i cuts of the power...: my pc crashes in mid full scan and not turns back on till i cuts of the power and turn it back on.I think its a BIOS virsus : because I also tried reinstalling the windows many times. and also faced errors like - Your IT admin limited access of some featuresbut it my personal...
  9. PC Suddenly and Randomly restarting, Event viewer giving Kernel Power Event ID:41 Category 63

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Suddenly and Randomly restarting, Event viewer giving Kernel Power Event ID:41 Category 63: Hi,For several months now my computer has been randomly resetting or just hanging up screen frozen without any particular reason that I can come up with.I don't know how to proceed with diagnostics, since I can't interpret minidumps not event logs any further.Windows update...
  10. PC Suddenly and Randomly restarting, Event viewer giving Kernel Power Event ID:41 Category 63

PC Suddenly and Randomly restarting, Event viewer giving Kernel Power Event ID:41 Category 63: Hi,For several months now my computer has been randomly resetting or just hanging up screen frozen without any particular reason that I can come up with.I don't know how to proceed with diagnostics, since I can't interpret minidumps not event logs any further.Windows update...