Windows 10: No PowerShell cmdlets recognized

Discus and support No PowerShell cmdlets recognized in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Running powershell as Administrator or running the ISE as Administrator (which shows Admin at top of one of the two images) isn't returning what I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by msoucy, Oct 16, 2015.

1. msoucy Win User

No PowerShell cmdlets recognized

Running powershell as Administrator or running the ISE as Administrator (which shows Admin at top of one of the two images) isn't returning what I am expecting for looking at tasks scheduled. Any idea what's up with the output in the images? I was running Windows 7 Home Premium and updated to Windows 10 end of July/early August. I have another thread on an issue that I haven't been able to resolve and was hoping maybe using Powershell would help me locate that issue (monitor turning on by itself after physically being turned off via power button at ~3am daily (probably 2:5x timeframe but it happens daily).

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Mike

:)

msoucy, Oct 16, 2015
  2. EckiS Win User

PowerShell script run - Cmdlets

after some more consideration: "[Expression Error] The import Cosmos.Document matches no exports. Did you miss a module reference?" is not a Powershell error when a module is not found, but seems to
    be from"PowerQuery", of which I know nothing.

EckiS, Oct 16, 2015
  3. EckiS Win User
    PowerShell script run - Cmdlets

As SQL-IP and Cosmos are still internal to Microsoft, I wonder why you are not simply contacting the person who provided you with the scripts.

For point 1: see PowerShell: Bypass ExecutionPolicy to run downloaded scripts

For point2: this is specific to the script: "Cosmos.Document" is probably in a module which is not found.

EckiS, Oct 16, 2015
  4. sml156 Win User

It would probably help if you posted the command in your question, I don't mind copy pasting but I draw the line at trying to read it from a pic

sml156, Oct 16, 2015
  5. msoucy Win User
    Here you go: Get-ScheduledTask | Get-ScheduledTaskInfo | Sort-Object LastRunTime, TaskName | ft TaskName,LastRunTime -auto

Mike

msoucy, Oct 16, 2015
  6. sml156 Win User
    I ran that on my computer and it ran fine as administrator and as a non administrator and it worked both times the only thing I can think of is that somehow you don't have the correct version of PowerShell, To check your version -copy pate this into powershell
    Code: get-host|Select-Object version[/quote] Version
    -------

also these should tell you
    Code: $psversiontable[/quote] Name Value
    ---- -----
    PSVersion 5.0.10240.16384
    WSManStackVersion 3.0
    SerializationVersion 1.1.0.1
    CLRVersion 4.0.30319.42000
    BuildVersion 10.0.10240.16384
    PSCompatibleVersions {1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0...}
    PSRemotingProtocolVersion 2.3 Code: $host.version[/quote]

Major Minor Build Revision
    ----- ----- ----- --------
    5 0 10240 16384

sml156, Oct 16, 2015
  7. msoucy Win User
    Version
    -------

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> $psversiontable

Name Value
    ---- -----
    PSVersion 5.0.10240.16384
    WSManStackVersion 3.0
    SerializationVersion 1.1.0.1
    CLRVersion 4.0.30319.42000
    BuildVersion 10.0.10240.16384
    PSCompatibleVersions {1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0...}
    PSRemotingProtocolVersion 2.3

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> $host.version

Major Minor Build Revision
    ----- ----- ----- --------
    5 0 10240 16384

That was run as administator for the ISE option.

Mike

msoucy, Oct 16, 2015
  8. sml156 Win User

The only thing left that I can think of is if your pasting the command in it might be getting screwed up, try pasting it in notepad and then copy it from there and then paste it into Powershell

sml156, Oct 16, 2015
  9. sml156 Win User
    I don't usually use ISE but it also worked for me

No PowerShell cmdlets recognized [​IMG]

sml156, Oct 16, 2015
  10. msoucy Win User
    When I type in Powershell it shows up top of list and I can right click and run as admin but it doesn't show Administrator in the title bar/etc....even the x86 did same, only when I run the ISE version does it show admin. Strange. I really don't want to go back and do a clean installation....that'd be a whole lot of work figuring out prior what I need to reinstall. I know that is sometimes better because a lot of fluff you install and don't use a lot doesn't get re-installed (for a time lol). It just is stumping me, I'm no windows guru but I am not a slouch and google is my friend (or someone a tad more knowledgable). I'm not too worried about this, my main concern is in another thread where some scheduled job is turning my monitor ON ~2:5x am daily.

And I've been through the threads, power options, etc...and still haven't found it yet. I am leaning towards WindowsUpdate BUT I also set my Maintenance to run 8am BUT also the WIndowsUpdate is showing a runtime of 2:53am and I was not able to find out how to change that, when I did and tried to exit out of Task Scheduler earlier tonight it said it had to try and restart the process... And on top of this is when I run Task Scheduler from the search box I get a hexadecimal error message and it shows the same values every time. So I am not sure what is causing that as well....And again, I really don't want to do a clean install if I can help it. Everything else is running ok, just turning my monitor on is driving me crazy...that should *not* be happening. I haven't reset the monitor yet (an HP 23ix (something like that) model, push button underneath vs on front panel for all controls - why HP WHY?!

Anyways, I appreciate all the assistance and would love to be able to return the favors at some point! But my monitor turning on (diff thread) is my main concern then this and the task scheduler errors, I'll take screen shots of that. Once I close the dialogs out (once or twice) I can look at anything in there and make edits, it's just on initial loading of it that it complains. But that's another topic ;-)

Mike

msoucy, Oct 16, 2015
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Is C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\; in your PATH environment variable?
    Open a Command Prompt and enter path to look at it. If not, add it and see if that fixes the problem.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. No PowerShell cmdlets recognized - Similar Threads - PowerShell cmdlets recognized

2. Powershell cmdlet : Invoke- command with CredSSP authentication fails with error as below

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell cmdlet : Invoke- command with CredSSP authentication fails with error as below: Error :Invoke-Command-Authentication Credssp -Credential $Credential-ComputerName node1 -Scriptblock $test[centralserver:] Connecting to remote server centralserver:failed with the following error message : The WinRM client cannot process the request. A computer policy does...
  3. Bug in Powershell ConfigurationManager module for Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus cmdlet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug in Powershell ConfigurationManager module for Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus cmdlet: When I run the Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus cmdlet I get the following message;Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus : Operation could not complete because the currently connected account does not have the required security rights to perform this operation.I have the...
  4. Bug in Powershell ConfigurationManager module for Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus cmdlet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug in Powershell ConfigurationManager module for Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus cmdlet: When I run the Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus cmdlet I get the following message;Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus : Operation could not complete because the currently connected account does not have the required security rights to perform this operation.I have the...
  5. Fix: The term ‘Get-MsolUser’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Fix: The term ‘Get-MsolUser’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet: When connecting to your Office 365 services, you might get the below error saying for any Msol cmdlet like new-msoluser, connect-msolservices and other. The term 'Get-MsolUser' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet To fix this, download and install the Microsoft Online...
  6. powershell cmdlet for system properties performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    powershell cmdlet for system properties performance: Hello is there powershell cmdlet performance in system properties to like edit it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-cmdlet-for-system-properties/6f0614e0-6d91-4a3f-bf19-e6ecc8e61c16
  7. PowerShell error : Install-module is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet on Powershell...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PowerShell error : Install-module is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet on Powershell...: HI, I am trying to install a powershellmodule and getting the below error message. install-module : The term 'install-module' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included,...
  8. Why do signed PowerShell cmdlets run slower than unsigned cmdlets on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    Why do signed PowerShell cmdlets run slower than unsigned cmdlets on Windows 10?: [ATTACH]A cmdlet is a lightweight command that is used in the Windows PowerShell environment. The Windows PowerShell runtime invokes these cmdlets within the context of […] This article Why do signed PowerShell cmdlets run slower than unsigned cmdlets on Windows 10? first...
  9. powershell -executionpolicy not recognized

in Windows 10 Support
    powershell -executionpolicy not recognized: I need to enter this command into ps: >PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy bypass -file "C:\Program Files\Stubby\stubby_setdns_windows.ps1" - i tried enter this command without >PowerShell and without -file But i still get error: -ExecutionPolicy : The term '-ExecutionPolicy' is...
  10. WINDOWS POWERSHELL ALL THE GET-CMDLETS FOR WINDOWS 10 CLIENTS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS POWERSHELL ALL THE GET-CMDLETS FOR WINDOWS 10 CLIENTS: Today i am sharing commands like GET-ADDDOMAIN only for windows powershell cmdlets Some commands are suitable for windows clients os Some commands are suitable for windows server os some get cmdlets needs put more parameters , but i dont know full parameters , so i...