Windows 10: No 'Preview' function in Right-click Menu...

Discus and support No 'Preview' function in Right-click Menu... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can't help noticing the absence of this function in the final release. It's something I use a lot to view pics, photos etc (they open by default in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wenda, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Wenda Win User

No 'Preview' function in Right-click Menu...

Can't help noticing the absence of this function in the final release.

It's something I use a lot to view pics, photos etc (they open by default in Photo-Shop, but I
    don't want that to happen just to look at a file) and it's a one-click operation to open Windows
    Photo Viewer to start a slide-show or do some basic editing.

I can select 'Open With' every time I want to preview, and then select Windows Photo Viewer
    but that gets very tiresome very quickly. I can't set it as the default or I then lose the Photo-Shop option when I click 'Open'.

Does anyone have, or know of, a setting or registry mod that I can use to restore the Preview option??? I have looked in the Tutorials section, without success. *Sad *cry

:)

Wenda, Aug 11, 2015

2. No Start button function, except on right click. No Edge visible icon on task bar, but it works when empty space is clicked

Hello Erin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to follow the below steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Close the CMD window
    I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 11, 2015
  3. No Start button function, except on right click. No Edge visible icon on task bar, but it works when empty space is clicked

I have no Start button function, except a text menu on right click. This means no tiles, no Start menu, etc. The Microsoft Edge icon, which I had attached to my task bar, is gone, but when I click on the empty space, I go to my HomePage (which is Startpage).
    The overall speed of my computer has dropped by at least 20%. This happened overnight, after a clean shut down using the regular power off switch. I woke up to this. From my reading in various online forums, this is a common bug/problem. Why hasn't Microsoft
    fixed this? Please reply using the most basic language possible, as I am a basic/home computer user, not a tech of any kind.

ErinMorash, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

The Preview feature has been removed; it was part of the Photo Viewer app which is no longer included in Windows 10.

I use the Preview pane in File Explorer, for me it's enough. Setup Preview pane (#1 in screenshot) to see the preview of a selected file (#2), adjust the preview size by resizing the pane (#3):

No 'Preview' function in Right-click Menu... [​IMG]

5. DavidY Win User
    It is still there - use MS Paint to create a TIFF file and it should offer you the option to Preview and open in Photo Viewer. And it's still there for anyone who upgraded; it's only apparently missing if you clean-installed.

There's a registry fix posted on another thread somewhere to make it work with other file formats again.

DavidY, Aug 11, 2015
  6. Kari Win User
    That's good to know David!

I was wrong, Wenda, my apologies for that.

7. DavidY Win User
    DavidY, Aug 11, 2015
  8. 35ftcabo Win User

THANK YOU!! My computer just upgraded itself from 7 to 10, and the lack of this button was really annoying me. So much appreciated!!

35ftcabo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. No 'Preview' function in Right-click Menu... - Similar Threads - 'Preview' function Right

2. Bluetooth right click functions in action menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth right click functions in action menu: Hi, I have a bluetooth headset thats constantly being connected between two windows machines and one phone. I have used the right click menu on the bluetooth device menu in the action menu to disconnect, but suddenly it disappeared on one of my PCs, its still there on my...
  3. Bluetooth right click functions in action menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth right click functions in action menu: Hi, I have a bluetooth headset thats constantly being connected between two windows machines and one phone. I have used the right click menu on the bluetooth device menu in the action menu to disconnect, but suddenly it disappeared on one of my PCs, its still there on my...
  4. Bluetooth right click functions in action menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  6. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  7. right click menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    right click menu: how do i remove something off the right click menu submitted by /u/kubunio10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mopspb/right_click_menu/
  8. Right click function of an application

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click function of an application: Hello After right clicking on an application on taskbar it displays a list of history or recently used things but again right clicking on a particular thing suppose a video, folder, program etc the drop down menu is not visible means not transparent. Also if i take the...
  9. right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click menu: when using the right click menu, how do i get a "confirm" option before deleting a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-menu/5122906b-d095-4233-a785-1aadb877a634"
  10. Mouse right click menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse right click menu: I cannot activate the 'New' submenu to create New folders in Desktop,Explorer and existing folders. When I Mouse right click the menu opens up (View,Sort by,Refresh etc) when I move the cursor to 'New'(to open up the submenu to create a folder) the pointer changes to the...