Windows 10: No printing from Microsoft Word 2016, after update to 17134.137

Discus and support No printing from Microsoft Word 2016, after update to 17134.137 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Afrer Cumulative Update KB4284848 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.137 - June 26, Word 2016 documents could not be printed. MS Excel, Acrobat, Photoshop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ddelo, Jun 29, 2018.

1. ddelo Win User

No printing from Microsoft Word 2016, after update to 17134.137

Afrer Cumulative Update KB4284848 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.137 - June 26,
    Word 2016 documents could not be printed.
    MS Excel, Acrobat, Photoshop print fine. It's just Word that has the problem.

The last couple of years, I have been using a Word theme with default fonts, the Adobe Minion Pro and Adobe Myriad Pro. Both fonts are CFF OpenType fonts (.otf). Trying to print any document based on that theme is impossible.
    If I change the theme fonts to TrueType (.ttf) Word prints just fine.

After some research, I found that, according to this post in the Adobe forum:

It is a known bug in Windows 10 v1803. Printing using Type 4 printer drivers fails when any OpenType CFF font is used in you document.

Microsoft is aware of the problem and working on releasing a fix on some upcoming Patch Tuesday.

So if anybody else faces the same issue, don't get crazy, with printer drivers, Office reinstallation etc. To workaround the problem, either change all .otf fonts in your document, or if typeface is imperative in your document print your document to PDF and then print the PDF.

I hope that helps someone with the same problem.

Just a final note. A big thanks to @Wynona, for taking the time to test for the existence of the problem.

:)

ddelo, Jun 29, 2018

2. Printing word docs

Hi Sue,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Are you connecting your printer using wired or wireless network?
    • Does the issue occur on the other user accounts as well?
    • Did you make any changes to the system prior to this issue?
    • Which version of Microsoft Office is installed on the computer?
    • What is the error message you get while trying to print that word document?
    • Is the issue specific to a particular word document?

I suggest you sign out from the current user account, restart the pc and sign in to the Microsoft account and check the status of the issue. Install all pending updates on the computer. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix
    problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

To print the current document you can press Ctrl + P Keys. In the Print dialog box, choose the desired options.

If you are still facing issues try the steps provided in the below article.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/826862

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jun 29, 2018
  3. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Jun 29, 2018
  4. No printing from Microsoft Word 2016, after update to 17134.137

Printing word docs

I have windows 10 and Microsoft office 16.

Suggestions did not work. I problem lies with emailed documents which are in word. New word documents print.

The printer reads printing reports.

Sue Forman, Jun 29, 2018
Thema:

No printing from Microsoft Word 2016, after update to 17134.137

1. No printing from Microsoft Word 2016, after update to 17134.137 - Similar Threads - printing Microsoft Word

2. MS Word 2016 'Quick Print'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Word 2016 'Quick Print': There used to be a short cut to print a document prior to the latest update.Icon at the top of the page....click...and it went straight to the default printer.Instead of 'File/print/select printer'Help please....
  3. MS Word 2016 'Quick Print'

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Word 2016 'Quick Print': There used to be a short cut to print a document prior to the latest update.Icon at the top of the page....click...and it went straight to the default printer.Instead of 'File/print/select printer'Help please....
  4. MS Word 2016 'Quick Print'

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Word 2016 delayed startup after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word 2016 delayed startup after update: After installing Update for Microsoft Office2016 KB5002141 32 bit edition and 2022-04 Update for Windows 10 for x64-based systems KB4023057, on one of my computers Word 2016 takes 5 minutes to start. This only happens once after a Windows restart. Subsequent Word starts are...
  6. Word 2016 delayed startup after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word 2016 delayed startup after update: After installing Update for Microsoft Office2016 KB5002141 32 bit edition and 2022-04 Update for Windows 10 for x64-based systems KB4023057, on one of my computers Word 2016 takes 5 minutes to start. This only happens once after a Windows restart. Subsequent Word starts are...
  7. Printing error from Microsoft Word

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing error from Microsoft Word: When trying to print a document from Microsoft Word 2003, you get this error message: A Microsoft word error 7, "The RPC server is unavailable" has occurred. When you close that message, you get another that says: A Microsoft word error 10, "There is a printer error"...
  8. Microsoft Word 2016 Printing

Microsoft Word 2016 Printing: Microsoft Word 2016 closes when I try to print. All available updates have been installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-word-2016-printing/141b5ac4-ec99-4cb0-aab8-ec8e87a3fdc3
  9. BSOD when Printing from Word 2016

BSOD when Printing from Word 2016: Hey all Have a issue where printing a document from work 2016 caused the machine to Blue Screen … Only happen on specific documents. Any Ideals or Suggestions? Windows and Office fully upto date … Latest driver for the printer …. not happening to all machines....
  10. Cannot print color from Microsoft Word 2016 or Adobe Acrobat on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot print color from Microsoft Word 2016 or Adobe Acrobat on Windows 10: I cannot print color from Microsoft Word 2016 or Adobe Acrobat pdf files from Windows 10. I have tried numerous solutions from what I've found on the forums, even updating my printer settings, advanced printer settings, and making sure my Microsoft Word is set to print...