Windows 10: No Program Icons in Taskbar, Others Are Messed Up

Discus and support No Program Icons in Taskbar, Others Are Messed Up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My program icons have suddenly disappeared from the taskbar, including the volume and clock icons! I found my way over to the "turn icons on or off"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sprocket07, Feb 17, 2017.

1. No Program Icons in Taskbar, Others Are Messed Up

My program icons have suddenly disappeared from the taskbar, including the volume and clock icons! I found my way over to the "turn icons on or off" page in settings, but the on/off toggle for all of my missing icons are greyed out (set to off). Any idea how I can fix this? I'm also missing file explorer from the taskbar. One more thing: in the place where the clock is SUPPOSED to be, there's an icon for the touch keyboard and the hidden icons arrow. When I click on those, I can see the calendar. In addition, the touch keyboard and the hidden icons arrow appear twice! Once to the left of where the clock is in their original places (they function correctly, as well) and once were the clock is (these do not function properly). I'm very confused. Thank you in advance!

:)

sprocket07, Feb 17, 2017

2. taskbar icons

Hello,

How do i prevent TomTom Navigator from placing an icon in the taskbar when the program is minimised?

The taskbar is usually not visible, because no othere program i use puts an icon there. TomTom however is the only program that does, so it makes the taskbar appear. And this taskbar uses space on my today screen and that makes the vertical scroll bar appear,
    messing up the layout of my today screen.

TomTom Customer Help say TomTom has nothing to do with the taskbar icon (?).

Device: HTC TyTNII

Application: TomTom Navigator 7

Regards Jeen

jeennijhof, Feb 17, 2017
  3. Messed up icons in taskbar.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

You may face this issue if system files or profile is corrupted. Let’s follow these steps and check.

Method 1: Restart explorer.exe and check
    1. Open Task Manager by pressing the CTRL+Shift+ESC
    keys

2. Click on More details if Task Manager opens this way.

3. In the Processes tab, select Windows Explorer, and click on the
    Restart button.

Method 2: Unpin and re pin the taskbar icon and check

You can click/tap on Unpin this program from taskbar to remove it. If the opened app is currently not pinned to your taskbar, then you can click/tap on Pin this program to taskbar to add it.

Method 3: Create new user profile and check if you face similar issue, refer the steps from the below link to create new user profile.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 17, 2017
  4. AddRAM Win User

No Program Icons in Taskbar, Others Are Messed Up

Have you try to repin the program icon to the taskbar ?

And have you tried showing all icons in the notification area ?

Also, run a system file check.

AddRAM, Feb 17, 2017
Thema:

No Program Icons in Taskbar, Others Are Messed Up

1. No Program Icons in Taskbar, Others Are Messed Up - Similar Threads - Program Icons Taskbar

2. Icons messed up on destop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons messed up on destop: I've had this issue for a while but it wasn't a problem until recently. I have two screens, when I play a full screen game on display 1, display two goes into 'half' screen mode, it shifts to the right and only shows the left half of what is being displayed. the desktop does...
  3. Icons messed up on destop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons messed up on destop: I've had this issue for a while but it wasn't a problem until recently. I have two screens, when I play a full screen game on display 1, display two goes into 'half' screen mode, it shifts to the right and only shows the left half of what is being displayed. the desktop does...
  4. Icons messed up on destop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Some taskbar icons are messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some taskbar icons are messed up: Here are some screenshots of some icons on the taskbar being messed up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-taskbar-icons-are-messed-up/7d3c6223-4445-4725-929f-3ca8379f58bd
  6. Some taskbar icons are messed up

Some taskbar icons are messed up: Here are some screenshots of some icons on the taskbar being messed up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-taskbar-icons-are-messed-up/7d3c6223-4445-4725-929f-3ca8379f58bd
  7. Some taskbar icons are messed up

8. Taskbar corner icons stack up each other

Taskbar corner icons stack up each other: I have upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10 through Windows Insider Beta. Now, whenever I use microphone, mic-icon in taskbar corner displays like this. I have tried to restart explorer.exe but it only can fix at that time. Pls tell me what should I do?Build: 22000.282...
  9. TaskBar messed up

TaskBar messed up: [ATTACH] It has that rectangular white outline on the outside when I right-click something on the task bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-messed-up/976ecc37-9588-41a5-871b-05b4020c8403
  10. Windows 10 Messed up taskbar icons

Windows 10 Messed up taskbar icons: [ATTACH] This is what happened after I unpinned a Notepad and word from my task-bar. [ATTACH] I have tried to re-pin and unpin everything and nothing works. Please help! How do I get ride of it!...