Windows 10: No Progress indicator on latest build downloading status

Discus and support No Progress indicator on latest build downloading status in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there I'm surprised that on downloading the build there's no indication of its current progress or even WHERE it gets downloaded to. I'd like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, Oct 22, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

No Progress indicator on latest build downloading status

Hi there

I'm surprised that on downloading the build there's no indication of its current progress or even WHERE it gets downloaded to.

I'd like a bit more control over this -- especially on the % download.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 22, 2014

2. Photo software stops after a couple of pictures

There is no error message. It starts downloading the pictures and then suddenly the bar that indicates the progress does not progress anymore.

I'm using the latest version of the software, directly downloaded from the internet yesterday.

nickpick---01, Oct 22, 2014
  3. Errore 80073cf1 App. MELCLOUD

I have a Nokia 620 and latest official operating system 8.1 installed.

I also receive the error 80073cf1 when I try to download the Melcloud software. I don't have any problems installing other applications from application store.

In case of Melcloud, the download usually starts and progresses well, but just before installation the error message is displayed.

Edit: I can see the progress indicator to go rightwards with a text "Downloading 4MB". When the indicator is roughly on a middle, I see a quick notice "Information is updated". Immediately after that the installation is cancelled with a notice "Your attention
    is needed". Then I can retry the download. If I remove the download, I can see that the status of the Melcloud application is "Owned".

HessoHesso, Oct 22, 2014
  4. Ztruker Win User

Amen to that. I would like a progress bar or % completion number.

Ztruker, Oct 22, 2014
  5. The only way I could tell it was still downloading was watch the lights blinking on the router.
    I also like to see something like a graph or %.

Layback Bear, Oct 23, 2014
  6. CountMike New Member
    That's why I have DUmeter and NetTraffic running all the time so at least speed is indicated and if I know how large download is supposed to be, can estimate progress. I hate it when I don't know what's happening with download. It could be stopped without me knowing. Besides, those progress indicators are only estimates anyway.

CountMike, Oct 23, 2014
  7. I'm not really looking for a 3rd party program to monitor a Microsoft download. I would like it to just do that using W-10.

Layback Bear, Oct 25, 2014
  8. CountMike New Member

So would everybody I guess, but alas !!! Resource Monitor can show you download speed too but you'll still have to do calculations yourself.

CountMike, Oct 25, 2014
  9. mart1981 Win User
    Yes they are but it's still nice to know that something is happening, hopefully progress, rather than thinking it may just be 'stuck'. W10 is work in progress so no doubt M$oft will be refining things as we move forward.

mart1981, Oct 25, 2014
  10. CountMike New Member
    W10 is work in progress so no doubt M$oft will be refining things as we move forward. Why isn't there a "fingers crossed" smiley ? I could use it with a post like this.

CountMike, Oct 25, 2014
  11. Percentage complete would have been nice

But the progress indicator is the shading on the words 'Download Now', once the shading has moved over to the left of the spinning wheel it is done
    Image in 1st post is approx. 75% complete

I got to watch that closely as mine took so long to download *Smile

paulsalter, Oct 25, 2014
  12. davehc Win User
    W10 is work in progress so no doubt M$oft will be refining things as we move forward. Why isn't there a "fingers crossed" smiley ? I could use it with a post like this. Lets hope

Attachment 7476

davehc, Oct 25, 2014
  13. Jazz Win User

you don't need 3rd party program, just Opened WiFi status *Smile

No Progress indicator on latest build downloading status [​IMG]

for x64 = 2,7GB
    for x86 = 2GB

Thema:

1. No Progress indicator on latest build downloading status - Similar Threads - Progress indicator latest

2. Drive Status Indicator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drive Status Indicator: Hello there: adding to this thread on the drive icons, how does one alter the appearance of the status bar indicator from its W10 default back to what W7 displays? as quoted 10 is really drab, I have already altered the desktop icons, drive icons & the folder icons to 7 but...
  3. What does this OneDrive Status indicate?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does this OneDrive Status indicate?: [ATTACH] I found this page: What do the OneDrive icons mean? - Office Support microsoft.com that explained a lot of the little status icons, but what does the "processing changes" followed by a little person mean?...
  4. 'No Internet' Network Status Indicator Message

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    'No Internet' Network Status Indicator Message: Hello everyone, Hoping someone can offer some assistance with this.. After updating to the newest version of Win10, it seems that all of the computers in our office have issues with the network status indicator falsely displaying a 'No Internet' message when in fact the...
  5. windows reset progress indicator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows reset progress indicator: is there any way to show a meaningful progress for windows 10 reset, aside from the meaningless spinning dots, ideally a text log that you can activate similarly to linux textual boot screen...
  6. Download progress

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download progress: Where is the download progress indicator and the log and the folder with all past downloads...in order to access and read/use them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-progress/7d019026-abda-4a3c-bd21-485e6e25b124
  7. Where the battery status indicator go?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Where the battery status indicator go?: Where the battery status indicator go? Why is this seen as an improvement. I see a few apps in the MS store but the reviews show that the apps not work. Now I have to guess how much charge I have left on my battery. Where are all the windows 10 enhancements? We lost...
  8. LONG update with NO notification or progress indicator!!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    LONG update with NO notification or progress indicator!!: Hi ALL, I've complained about this before yet MS persists in having Win 10 do very long updates with no notification and no progress indicator. I just got upgraded to the Creator Edition and it took about an hour and succeeded without incident. I've been using it for a day...
  9. Unexpected update - no notification and no progress indicator

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unexpected update - no notification and no progress indicator: Hi ALL, I have the Win 10 Ann Ed running and the other day a notification came up that updates were ready and a restart was needed. I selected to restart now and it went through its routine including a percentage progress indicator during shutdown, another percentage...
  10. Latest build -- file explorer not showing progress when copy files

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest build -- file explorer not showing progress when copy files: Hi there big big problem --latest (preview) build - file explorer not showing progress when copying / moving files. This - unless fixed soon will cause me to revert to previous build. Anybody else got this or is it just something with my update. (W10 Pro X-64)....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. MELCloud down load not working