Windows 10: No Properties menu item when right clicking the taskbar

Discus and support No Properties menu item when right clicking the taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a clean install of build 14332 No properties menu item when I right click the Taskbar. How can I get to the properties screen? [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vijer, May 21, 2016.

1. vijer Win User

No Properties menu item when right clicking the taskbar

I have a clean install of build 14332

No properties menu item when I right click the Taskbar. How can I get to the properties screen?

No Properties menu item when right clicking the taskbar [​IMG]

This is the menu I am trying to get to (image from the web not my PC)

:)

vijer, May 21, 2016
  2. SRK-Cal Win User

Windows 10 Command Line Arguments

How are command line arguments specified in Windows 10?

In previous versions of Windows, right clicking on the menu item (either in the Start menu or an icon on the taskbar) would bring up a menu with "Properties" as one of the options. Clicking on Properties would then allow the user to add a command line argument
    to the program that was being run. The "Properties" option no longer appears when right-clicking on a start menu item in Windows 10.

SRK-Cal, May 21, 2016
  3. No properties menu show when right clicking on icon on task bar in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to perform a SFC Scan. Refer to the link below for more information and check if this helps:

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Also make sure that you’ve installed all the latest updates including the optional updates.

Please get back to us with the updated status of the issue so that we can work on it to help you better.

Andria Maria Mendez, May 21, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Your second screenshot appears to be from an out-dated version.
    Care to post the link to that screenshot ?

Your 1st screenshot is also what I get on my 14342.
    Right clicking at taskbar > then Settings > will lead you to this........................

davidhk, May 21, 2016
  5. vijer Win User
    Yes the first screen shot is what you find on the internet if you search for how to access the taskbar preferences. It was available in the past but seems to have been removed.

vijer, May 21, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    No. the Second screenshot is the outdated one. There is no more "Use Start menu instead of Start screen" option for a very long time.

The FIRST screenshot is what you get on Insider build 14342.

davidhk, May 21, 2016
  7. *Ditto I'm running the latest consumer release and there is no Start Menu Tab under properties.

alphanumeric, May 21, 2016
  8. tkrk Win User

I too, like vijer, would like to see a 'properties' option when I right-click on the Windows 10 taskbar. My issue is that there seems to be no way to remove icons in the 'show hidden icons' area (just above the up arrow on right side of taskbar). The 'settings' option doesn't provide any way to do this. If there is, I'd like explicit instructions on how.

9. Maybe this will help. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html It will clear out left over Icons from programs you've uninstalled.

alphanumeric, Jul 19, 2016
  10. tkrk Win User
    Thanks for the quick reply, alpanumeric, but the icons I'm trying to get rid of do NOT show up on the taskbar. The icons that I want to have control over are located in the pop-up area that appears when you click on the arrow that is called 'Show hidden icons'. The particular icon I want to remove references a program I still have installed and want.

11. Settings > System > Notifications & actions > Select which icons appear on the taskbar, or Turn system icons on or off, etc. Lots of option there.

alphanumeric, Jul 19, 2016
  12. tkrk Win User
    Again, none of the suggestions concerning the 'Settings' feature have anything to do with my issue; controlling which icons appear in the 'Show hidden icons' area.

13. No Properties menu item when right clicking the taskbar

Ok, then I have no idea what it is you are trying to do? The icon is either hidden or its not hidden. If you don't want the icon in either spot, uninstall said program or App. Or open that programs and look for a setting to hide its icon.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. No Properties menu item when right clicking the taskbar - Similar Threads - Properties menu item

2. Right-Click Properties on an item does nothing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right-Click Properties on an item does nothing?: Hey all, I just ran into this issue today out of nowhere. When I right click on an item (picture, video, etc.), and I choose Properties, nothing happens. It just sits there. I have been putting my computer to sleep the past few days, and only this morning did this issue rear...
  3. Some items will not open when right-clicking start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some items will not open when right-clicking start menu: The following will no longer open from right-clicking on the Start Menu button: Task Manager Event Viewer Device manager Disk Manager Computer Manager Command Prompt Command Prompt Admin File Explorer All others will open. Also some desktop icon will only open by...
  4. Classic Right Click Menu On Taskbar Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic Right Click Menu On Taskbar Items: Hello. I'd like to state that I'm aware that 7++ Taskbar Tweaker has that classic menu option when right clicking on a Taskbar tab (refer to picture), yet I'm sure there's a Registry tweak for that. Does anyone know where in the Registry that is located? [img] 121583
  5. Right click on Start menu item, item disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on Start menu item, item disappears: A reinstall of Insider Preview. If I click on "Start", scroll to a program, Outlook, for example, when I right click the Start menu disappears.Happens with any Program, App, that I click on. There's sort of a 1 second delay before its gone. Ran an sfc /scannow and found...
  6. Right Click Taskbar Menu

Right Click Taskbar Menu: Not sure if possible but can you add to this menu? 27413
  7. Start Menu item - Right-Click>Properties>Shortcut key

Start Menu item - Right-Click>Properties>Shortcut key: In Window 7 and earlier versions, one could right-click an item in the start menu, select properties and access the shortcut tab. Therein lay the Short key field, which I used a lot for creating custom key combinations, eg CTL+ALT+N for Notepad++ or CTL+ALT+P for Paint.NET....
  8. Can't find Properties when I right click on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't find Properties when I right click on Taskbar: Can't find Properties when I right click on Task bar. Hi my VPN Provider is trying to help me keep their app icon to display correctly in system tray, they ask me to right click on Taskbar, and go to Properties,but it is not showing,will attach,operating system,new monitor...
  9. Right Clicking Start Menu Items not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Clicking Start Menu Items not Working: Hi all. This is my first post. Using win 10. The Issue i'm having is that when I right click on the Windows Start Icon, I get a list of menu items: Apps features power options event viewer * system, device manager* network connections disk management* computer...
  10. 'Properties' option not accessible in Right Click Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    'Properties' option not accessible in Right Click Menu: I am currently using Windows 10 pro 64 bit having upgraded from Windows 7 pro and I am experiencing a strange problem. When I right click on a file ( .WAV, .MP3, .JPG, .DOC etc ) in Windows Explorer and then select the 'Properties' option, the expected properties window...