Windows 10: No RDP Access After F-Secure Uninstall

Discus and support No RDP Access After F-Secure Uninstall in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am running windows 10 with latest updates installed. I've had it since launch and RDP has been working flawlessly. I recently installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by christof21, Nov 7, 2016.

1. No RDP Access After F-Secure Uninstall

Hi,

I am running windows 10 with latest updates installed.

I've had it since launch and RDP has been working flawlessly.

I recently installed F-Secure to try and decided to uninstall it as I wasn't keen on it. Since then, my RDP hasn't worked at all.

Nothing has changed from my perspective in terms of RDP settings, firewall rules and ports being used, I just can't get a connection to the remote computer at all. That's from LAN and WAN connections.

I've double checked router port rules and windows firewall rules and all are as they were.

I've tried to even connect by turning off the windows firewall, and I still get the same error.

Any ideas from anyone?

:)

christof21, Nov 7, 2016

2. Uninstall F Secure Anti-Theft

I Have the nokiaES-00 and i downloaded thaftaware last year and i got installed but figured out i didnt like it so i uninstalled it from my phone. and i am still get txts messages from theftaware.com tellin me (my battery status is low, Error invaild number
    please resend using a valid mobile numberor valid short code) i cant get it to stop need help?

tbone89---01, Nov 7, 2016
  3. Uninstall F Secure Anti-Theft

its in either file or app manager

techbuzzireland, Nov 7, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

No RDP Access After F-Secure Uninstall

Firewall is always going to cause this.

bro67, Nov 7, 2016
  5. Turned Windows Firewall off as mentioned, no other firewalls running at all, and all settings are exactly the same as they were pre F-Secure when it was working fine.

christof21, Nov 8, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    F-Secure has its own firewall. That means that the Windows Firewall should not even be enabled. Get rid of F-Secure and see if things return back to normal and that the adapter shows Private in Network Connections. Also drop using RDP and use either VNC if accessing systems on the LAN or Teamviewer, which you can use on the go and connect to machines on your network.

I would not doubt that the Anniversary Update screwed up RDP. It has made a mess of networking, graphics with WHQL, and the print spooler. I forsee a lot of people going back to Windows 7 and telling Microsoft to stick it with Windows 10. It is now the biggest headache for everyone, because we have gotten presented with a whole new form of Windows ME.

bro67, Nov 8, 2016
  7. Thanks for the efforts in replying, however you may possibly have missed information in my first reply.

1) "I recently installed F-Secure to try and decided to uninstall it as I wasn't keen on it. Since then, my RDP hasn't worked at all."

So I no longer have F-Secure installed at all, and it hasn't worked since.

I had updated to Anniversay edition before installing F-Secure, and RDP was working fine then, and as I said, none of my settings have been changed by me.

I've checked Windows firewall rules and they are still the same. I've checked the assigned port to RDP in REGEDIT, and that remains the same.

Network settings are the same, and still set on private. The internal IP is the same, as I have set that manually in the NIc rather than via DHCP.

VNC and team viewer aren't an option when accessing home machine from work, and added that RDP has been perfectly fine, don't see this as a solution.

christof21, Nov 8, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

The latest updates are making it a nightmare. Every day someone posts that they suddenly started having issues even after using the tools that Farbar made, which are over on Bleeping Computer's download section. Now of course it could just be a work end issue that something got locked down on the Router or the ISP they use has blocked those ports for some reason, or your ISP has blocked going to your home side.

Have you tried going to a neighbor's or friend's and using their computer to see if it is on your end or work end that the problem is at.

There is a post on here from August that had a link to a Technet post about one of the RDP issues. See the following.
    WORKING FIX -- I have received reports that this works:If you are experiencing this issue, you should be able to work around it by removing the custom scale factors you have set (a custom scale factor applies across all monitors).1. Hit the Windows key and then type "display".2. Tap on the "display settings" link that is found.You should see the following text in red: "A custom scale factor is set".3. Click on the text underneath which states "Turn off custom scaling and sign out". 4. Sign back in.MSTSC should now work with an RDP file passed as a parameter.Microsoft still needs to address this bug: RDP Files do not run with custom display font scaling.

Looks also like KB3194496 may be the likely suspect. That was on a post dated on Sept. 30 on a blog.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No RDP Access After F-Secure Uninstall - Similar Threads - RDP Access Secure

2. RDP access issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP access issue: We are facing an issue related to AD user account access. We have isolated AWS accounts for external clients. Their on-premises network is connected to that account over AWS private link and their network doesn't have access to our Domain Controller VPC. We have an AD domain...
  3. RDP access issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP access issue: We are facing an issue related to AD user account access. We have isolated AWS accounts for external clients. Their on-premises network is connected to that account over AWS private link and their network doesn't have access to our Domain Controller VPC. We have an AD domain...
  4. RDP access issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. RDP access issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    RDP access issue: Unable to access my computer using RDP, looks like the password has not been synced.During Windows 10 installation local a user was created, but after installation an MS account was attached. And now I can't access PC with MS credentials. How can I sync user password?...
  6. RDP access issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP access issue: Unable to access my computer using RDP, looks like the password has not been synced.During Windows 10 installation local a user was created, but after installation an MS account was attached. And now I can't access PC with MS credentials. How can I sync user password?...
  7. RDP access issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. F:\ is not accessible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    F:\ is not accessible: Keeping this short - after following the advice(s) on accessing drive F:\ all I get as a response is " The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable". What does this mean, is it a virtual drive used by Win 10 and I'm not supposed to play with it, if so I'm fine with that....
  9. F:\ is not accessible

in Windows 10 Support
    F:\ is not accessible: Keeping this short - after following the advice(s) on accessing drive F:\ all I get as a response is " The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable". What does this mean, is it a virtual drive used by Win 10 and I'm not supposed to play with it, if so I'm fine with that....
  10. Device Manager Freezes + Uknown drive F after uninstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager Freezes + Uknown drive F after uninstall: Hi, I did recently a clean W10 install and there are, of course, issues. My flight stick X52 Pro crashes the PC immediately when it is plugged in (BSOD) and I have no idea why. Saitek is a notoriously incapable of producing good drivers for their products, so even when I...