Windows 10: No Realtek HD audio manager on laptop

Discus and support No Realtek HD audio manager on laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am having a strange issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Realtek HD audio drivers several times. My understanding is that when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hellboy632789, Jan 24, 2017.

1. No Realtek HD audio manager on laptop

Hello, I am having a strange issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Realtek HD audio drivers several times. My understanding is that when installing the drivers, it automatically installs the manager as well. The problem is that the manager does not get installed. It is not in my control panel nor my program files. This is causing an issue where when I have a pair of earbuds plugged in, it is making sound come out of both my laptop speaker and earbuds. I read online that I can fix that issue with the Realtek manager, but of course since the manager is not there I can not fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

:)

hellboy632789, Jan 24, 2017
  2. AndyC1989 Win User

External microphone really quiet (Realtek HD Audio-Manager)

Hello,

I have a problem with the Realtek HD Audio-Manager. I bought a new headset a few days ago. It is working fine on the Playstation, tablet and on my mobile phone. However on my Notebook it is very quiet.

I plugged it in but the I think the Realtek HD Audio-Manager puts the internal microphone and my external microphone into one microphone array (well, that's what at least is showing in the system settings).

So even though I set every audio setting to maximum, the microphone is still very quiet. I also updated the drivers and reinstalled the Realtek HD Audio-Manager.

Once when I deinstalled the Realtek HD Audio-Manager and I tried the troubleshooting it somehow worked fine for a few seconds. But then it reinstalled Realtek HD-Audio-Manager automatically and the microphone was quiet once again.

AndyC1989, Jan 24, 2017
  3. Realtek Audio

I am using bluetooth speakers on my Asus laptop which are being recognized as headphones. I am wanting to use Realtek HD Audio Manager to eq the volume. I have tried to set them as the default device. however when I open Realtek manager it switches back
    to my laptop speakers.How can I get Realtek Audio manager to recognize the Bluetooth speakers without them being plugged in the headphone jack?

JeremyDavisstl87, Jan 24, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

No Realtek HD audio manager on laptop

Hi I was trying to get full features for Realtek, including enhancements and equaliser, and the features you mention too... I ended up downloading the default from their site here:
    Realtek

No Realtek HD audio manager on laptop [​IMG]

dalchina, Jan 24, 2017
  5. Yes that is the website I went to, when installing the drivers it installs the driver, but I do not have access to the manager

6. dalchina New Member
    Have a look in the control panel. Is there an applet there?
    (e.g. Windows key + X, click Control Panel, search for Realtek).

I dragged and dropped a shortcut into Startup to have it launch on logging on.

Better to use this:
    C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe

dalchina, Jan 24, 2017
  7. Nope nothing is there

8. dalchina New Member

C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\
    ?

This is what I downloaded- zipped folder- extract folder, run Setup.exe
    Realtek 7950_PG451_Win10_TH_RS_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL.zip

dalchina, Jan 24, 2017
  9. hm that is weird, there is no realtek folder in programfiles, only a realtek folder in programfiles x86, and that folder has barely anything in it. I wonder why that is? I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times

10. fireberd Win User
    I've seen cases where the Realtek HD Manager or whatever hardware sound, will have some items disabled by the PC manufacturer. Apparently it can be coded in the sound chip. I've seen a few (not many but a few) that no matter what is done the HD Manager or control panel is not there or in some cases a limited version is all that the user can get.

I have a similar problem with a Toshiba Laptop - it has Conexent sound and the Stereo Mix is not available. Disabled by Toshiba (I've seen posts from other Toshiba owners complaining about this, too).

fireberd, Jan 24, 2017
  11. dalchina New Member
    Stereo mix is certainly one thing some laptop manufacturers restrict or maybe on some models.

When I installed the Realtek driver from my manufacturer I did not have the HD manager. That's why I got the generic one from Realtek.

dalchina, Jan 24, 2017
  12. Hmm.... I just downloaded from the Realtke site. I downloaded
    • Description: 64bits Vista, Windows7, Windows8, Windows8.1, Windows10 Driver only (Executable file) R2.81
    • Downloads: filename 0008-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R281.exe

/EDIT/
    @dalchina
    Did you say your download came from the same Reatek.tw site?
    /* end Edit */

The extracted files includes 95 different INF files! That means that "one" Realtek driver download can configure the R2.81 driver any one of 95 different ways depending on which Realtek audio chip it finds. So two people can easily see different driver results.

@hellboy
    I'm travelling in the morning, so don't know how much we can get accomplished before leaving but....

1. Are you downloading that same 64-bit driver .exe from Realtek as I did?

2. Generate and attach a DirectX report
    • Click Start Orb (in lower left corner), type dxdiag in the search box. Hit Enter
    • Notice progress in lower left window corner
    • When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
    • Upload the file to your next post

3. Let's see which INF was used to install your driver config
    > In sound device right click->Properties, then Details tab. Use pull down to select Inf name. That's called the "Published Name"
    > From an admin command prompt, type dism /online /get-drivers. Use that output and tell us the "Original File Name"

When I install R2.81, it uses hdxrt.inf which gives me a very simple Realtek HD Manager
    Code: Published Name : oem4.inf Original File Name : hdxrt.inf Inbox : No Class Name : MEDIA Provider Name : Realtek Semiconductor Corp. Date : 1/5/2017 Version : 6.0.1.8036[/quote]
    The very simple Realtek HD Audio Manager it installed for me

ComputerGeek, Jan 25, 2017
  13. dalchina New Member

It's been updated since I downloaded mine 7/10/16.

Here are both of them:

from

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No Realtek HD audio manager on laptop - Similar Threads - Realtek audio manager

2. realtek hd audio manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    realtek hd audio manager: so the issue im having is that when im on a call or on discord iput on headphones and have music playing, my friends tell me they can hear it somehow, i found the solution but now i sound muffled. any help be appreciated thxs...
  3. Realtek HD audio manager

Realtek HD audio manager: Hello I have a question on how to fix a issue I have as my audio is switched. a sound that should be played on the left side is played on the right and what should be played on the right is played on the left....
  4. Realtek hd audio manager

Realtek hd audio manager: The lasted update window 10 feature for my laptop ASUS-TUF gaming 505DU. my realtek HD audio manager can't work before updated. Please !!!!!! check and fix it because your update make fail about it. and when i check on communities it has many people have the problem about it....
  5. Realtek HD Audio Manager

Realtek HD Audio Manager: Hi I have a Win10 desktop running 1909 v18363.752 and an ASUS F2A85-M motherboard with on board Realtek® ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC. The motherboard was original being used for Win 7. The other details are Cambridge Sound works 5 speakers ONBOARD 8...
  6. Realtek hd audio manager

Realtek hd audio manager: Hi all, so recently i installed windows 10, and try to connect my 3.5mm jack headphone to my computer front panel, and it doesn’t work back panel is a little bit far for my headphones. So i tried to install hd audio manager to solve the problem, i installed the driver, but i...
  7. Realtek HD Audio Manager

Realtek HD Audio Manager: I can no longer get sound out of my computer. The Realtek HD Audio Manager Show all of the different ports for my system, however there is no sound out of them. I can plug in headphones to the headphone port and get sound out of the test sound function, but there is no sound...
  8. Realtek HD Audio Manager

Realtek HD Audio Manager: Good evening! I am writing to ask help from our big community. I hope someone will help me with some advice how I could solve this problem. I have recently bought Genius 5.1 6000 speakers and an Asus Xonar U5 audio card. I want to connect the speakers to my notebook...
  9. Realtek HD Audio Manager

Realtek HD Audio Manager: When I plug my mic in to the correct pink audio jack, the realtek manager shows up and asks me what type of device im using so i click mic in and when i try to talk to someone or record something, they cant hear me. i hear them just fine. I do have a splitter. It was working...
  10. Realtek HD Audio Manager

Realtek HD Audio Manager: Hi there everyone, I have a bit of an annoying problem with the Realtek HD Audio Manager. When i have left my computer turned on and i've been away from it for an hour or two, My screen is set to go into a standby mode but the computer will stay on. When i wiggle the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Realtek

2. laptop realtek lower higher

3. realtek audio manager external mic activation

4. Realtek 7950_PG451_Win10_TH_RS_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL.zip