Windows 10: No response to keystrokes or mouse when in screensaver mode

Discus and support No response to keystrokes or mouse when in screensaver mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After updating my laptop to Windows 10 from Windows 7 yesterday, I discovered today that I am unable to interrupt the screensaver mode and return to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steve18265, Jul 26, 2016.

1. No response to keystrokes or mouse when in screensaver mode

After updating my laptop to Windows 10 from Windows 7 yesterday, I discovered today that I am unable to interrupt the screensaver mode and return to my work at hand. Nothing (keystrokes or mouse clicks) seems to register, leaving me no choice but to power down and restart. Does anyone have a fix for this ???

:)

Steve18265, Jul 26, 2016

2. Windows trigger my HDD

Thank You for Your answer.

I just know that when my computer been inactive (no keystrokes or moving mouse) for about five minutes
    something triggers all my three mechanical hard disks at the samt time, even though my computer is in Safe Mode.

I don't have any screensaver or anything that could trigger the hard drives either.

Any ideas what I should do or how to look for what's happening when the disks are triggered?

Best J

James Lindblom, Jul 26, 2016
  3. PeterEHX Win User
    Screensaver

When my desktop switches over to screensaver mode, it will not reactivate the last screen when the cursor/mouse is moved. I have to go into sleep mode and re-enter my password.

PeterEHX, Jul 26, 2016
Thema:

No response to keystrokes or mouse when in screensaver mode

1. No response to keystrokes or mouse when in screensaver mode - Similar Threads - response keystrokes mouse

2. Slow response of mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow response of mouse: Have brand new computer with Windows 10 worked super first few months. Now the mouse takes forever to move around screen. The wheel just spins and spins before finally moving to where I want the mouse. I've run CCleaner and Avast but nothing found. Thanks for your help....
  3. Slow response of mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow response of mouse: Have brand new computer with Windows 10 worked super first few months. Now the mouse takes forever to move around screen. The wheel just spins and spins before finally moving to where I want the mouse. I've run CCleaner and Avast but nothing found. Thanks for your help....
  4. Slow response of mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Logitech wireless keyboard intermittently is not responsive to keystrokes and the mouse...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech wireless keyboard intermittently is not responsive to keystrokes and the mouse...: My Logitech wireless keyboard intermittently is not responsive to keystrokes and the mouse becomes jumpy and non responsive. I have the same set up at home that I do at work. This issue is prevalent on both machines. Both machines are running windows 10 Both machines...
  6. Mouse and Keyboard response / lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse and Keyboard response / lag: So i've been struggling with this problem for around 1 week+. It all started one day when i started my csgo and from the begining i feel like my mouse response is not so good, like i am aiming, but the mouse could not respond so well to me like it should be. Also the keyboard...
  7. Keyboard Keystrokes no response

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Keystrokes no response: Keyboard keystrokes don't work or take repeated input and then repeat multiple times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keystrokes-no-response/3e360f8a-baab-4ae8-9183-dd54cbe3415c
  8. Very slow response for mouse clicks & movements & keystrokes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow response for mouse clicks & movements & keystrokes: I have extremely slow response times for mouse movements & clicks, and for keystrokes. Typical delays after a movement, click or keystroke are usually in the 5-15 second range. This is clearly frustrating and unworkable. This occurs in almost any application. I am now...
  9. Mouse without Borders - Duplicating keystrokes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse without Borders - Duplicating keystrokes: I've been using an older version of Mouse without Borders for a couple of years and it has worked well for me. I recently upgraded to the latest version and now I'm seeing issues on the remote laptop (the one without the mouse and keyboard). I first noted it when I tried to...
  10. no response for mouse clicking

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no response for mouse clicking: after install the new system. everything are not response for mouse clicking https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/no-response-for-mouse-clicking/bae4c39b-bfbf-472f-9856-ef8ed712a697