Windows 10: No restart after today's update

Discus and support No restart after today's update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Only spinning dots for 20 minutes now after restart because of update. Should I reset? Or? 71898 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robbie, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Robbie Win User

No restart after today's update

Only spinning dots for 20 minutes now after restart because of update.
    Should I reset? Or?

:)

Robbie, Dec 8, 2016
  2. g barb Win User

windows updater

windows updater gave me a message that it had updated and needed a restart. After the restart I looked at update history. Last update that appears is from 11/14. Windows update history does not show update successfully completing today, 11/22. And
    it says updates are up to date as of today. So why doesn't it show the update from today?

g barb, Dec 8, 2016
  3. Araxsie Win User
    Blu Windows Phone

My Blu Windows phone which arrived today keeps restarting when i plug it today. It seemed to happen after the Windows 8.1 update.

Araxsie, Dec 8, 2016
  4. Robbie Win User

Had no other choice, so did the reset. Udate seems to be installed.
    Computer still very busy.

Robbie, Dec 8, 2016
Thema:

1. No restart after today's update - Similar Threads - restart today's update

2. This just appeared after today's update....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This just appeared after today's update....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DarkSyndicateYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1beuvha/this_just_appeared_after_todays_update/
  3. No Restart after update !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Restart after update !: Just updated with optional Cumulative update KB5005611 but there was no "restart" required which I found unusual. Is there a reason for this ? I have checked "View updates" and it looks like it was installed OK. I think this is the first time I have known it not to ask for a...
  4. Windows crashed after today's update

Windows crashed after today's update: Hey. I installed an update today and after that it started throwing 0xc0000102 errors when trying to open certain programs, I restarted it, tryed enter safe boot and now I'm stuck in loop. Even the automatic repair is stuck in loop, tryed to boot from an USB to repair, no...
  5. Restart loop after update today

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restart loop after update today: I cant get it to restart in safe mode. I cant access winRe. Computer starts to boot and gets to th point where it says trying to restore previous, as in the update failef, but then the reboot restarts. I have tried for hours to resolve this but F8 does not work. Turning...
  6. Today's update forces restart of computer, losing work

Today's update forces restart of computer, losing work: On a Dell laptop - I've never had an update install automatically before, this update popped up a window informing me that my computer was about to restart at around 10:30AM, and then immediately restarted. 5 hours later I opened it back up to discover that all of my saved...
  7. Youtube no longer functions after todays update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Youtube no longer functions after todays update: YouTube no longer functions after todays latest 3rd parties cookies security update. TODAY'S UPDATE, NOT AUGUSTS. OCTOBER 16, 2018. WHAT GIVES GUYS?...
  8. MRT.exe crashed (onnce) after update today

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MRT.exe crashed (onnce) after update today: Hi! After the rather momumental update from today (KB4015217 was a monster, and it wasn't even the Creators update *Think) I found an app crash in the logs. This very same program crashed on all my systems here, including a clean virtual test machine. The app is MRT.exe,...
  9. Todays Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Todays Update: Hi There. Just did the latest update this morning took a while to complete but working okay. Just one issue I notice in my C drive that there is Windows old showing up with this latest update will it be okay to delete that ? as we did before when I went from W8.1 to...
  10. Windows.old won't delete after todays update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows.old won't delete after todays update.: I selected remove previous versions of windows in disk cleanup and it deleted everything in window.old but one folder chain C:\Windows.old\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_87aa927b5db9eb5e It tells me I need permission and this account is...