Windows 10: no rom drive on tablet

Discus and support no rom drive on tablet in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I purchased your VC500 and do not have a dvd/cd rom on my tablet. Do you have a link to download the software for windows 10? Thanks, Josh D... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Joshua Dalrymple, Aug 2, 2018.

1. no rom drive on tablet

I purchased your VC500 and do not have a dvd/cd rom on my tablet. Do you have a link to download the software for windows 10?

Thanks,

Josh D

:)

Joshua Dalrymple, Aug 2, 2018

2. DVD/CD Drive Saying CD-Rom

My Dvd drive is listed in my device manager however it is set as cd rom in the description, it also wont open and is not set as my default drive, any suggestions?

windows 10 if that changes anything

LukeRobson, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Problems with CD-ROM drive after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hi Karen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the CD-ROM drive on Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

• What exactly happens when you try to access CD-ROM drive?

• Were you able to see any error message/ error notification with this issue?
    • Have you connected the drive to your computer and check if it is detected in Device Manager?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the drive is being detected in Device Manager try the below to update the drivers:

• Right click on Start button and select
        Device Manager.

• Expand DVD/CD ROM drives, right click on the drivers and click on
        Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 2, 2018
  4. no rom drive on tablet

How do I get windows !0 to recognise my cd rom drive

My CD rom drive is not listed in device manager and therefore windows 10 doesn't recognize it.

I need to know what the next step would be.

TonyJenkinson, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

no rom drive on tablet

1. no rom drive on tablet - Similar Threads - rom drive tablet

2. DVD ROM drives not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD ROM drives not recognized: My Dell Optiplex 7010 with Windows 10 won't detect either the built-in DVD ROM drive or the external drive I bought to replace it. The external drive appears in the "Devices and Printers" section of the Control Panel, but neither drive shows up in "This PC." The driver for...
  3. DVD Rom drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Rom drive: I need an external DVD Rom drive to play some older games. I have looked at several lists and the consumer comments but none of them specifically say anything about gaming. Am I making this to difficult? I have seen them say things like "DVD Rom compatible". I bought...
  4. CD ROM DRIVE

CD ROM DRIVE: I UPDREADE FROM 7 TO WIN 10 AND NOW MY PC DOES NOT SEE MY CD DRIVE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom-drive/54c008f5-4dd7-4065-b015-0dd2b1d3e167
  5. cd rom drive

cd rom drive: hi just wondering at all if there is a cd rom drive on a lenovo laptop windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom-drive/7b932ceb-cdc2-45c2-bd36-29cfa46a8c1e
  6. DVD rom drive

DVD rom drive: Why is it at times my dvd rom disappears? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rom-drive/5323de53-2ce5-4c57-90d5-c899544812a9
  7. CD-ROM drive

CD-ROM drive: My computer crashed after updating windows 10. I downloaded the ISO recover and got my computer reprogramed. But it never recovered my CD-ROM drive. I have the option of using it in my bios boot menu but no where else. How do I recover my CD-ROM drive on my computer....
  8. CD Rom drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD Rom drive: I want to download a CD software disc. How do I open the CD Rom door in my HP computer with Microsoft 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom-drive/1edb8c00-609a-4e62-8b60-e133e97ec45c
  9. Virtual ROM Drive.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual ROM Drive.: Is there a way to create a virtual CD/DVD ROM drive without third party software? 124700
  10. CD Rom Drive

CD Rom Drive: My CD Rom drive will not read any CD or DVD. I've tried unintalling, etc. to no avail. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/cd-rom-drive/b536efd0-4a95-478f-9149-50cdd5c7b681