Windows 10: No screen saver if I don't login

Discus and support No screen saver if I don't login in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi.. how can I make win 10 screen saver to activate at the login screen? I notice that if I turn my computer ON but not login, the screen saver won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by macster2075, Dec 11, 2016.

1. No screen saver if I don't login

Hi..
    how can I make win 10 screen saver to activate at the login screen?
    I notice that if I turn my computer ON but not login, the screen saver won't activate...it only activates when I login first.
    What I mean is, after I login, if I lock my computer, the screen saver comes up...but if I just turn my computer ON and leave it without logging in, then no screen saver ever comes up... How can I fix this?

:)

macster2075, Dec 11, 2016
  2. murmancy Win User

how to change screen time out setting in Windows 10

Either increase the wait time before the screen saver initiates or click off the option for the computer to start at the login screen once the computer is disturbed out of screen saver mode. Settings>Lock Screen>Screen Saver. If you click this setting off
    then I don't think the computer will ever lock perhaps unless restarted.

You might not even want a screen saver but still have the screen turn off and a screen lock. Set screen saver to "None" but have a time set and the option clicked to start at the login screen. Then select a screen timeout time to just turn off your screen.
    Settings>Power and Sleep.

One must distinguish between the screen saver settings (when the screen is still on) and the screen timeout settings (when the screen is actually turned off). This is especially easy to confuse if the screen saver is the simple blank screen.

murmancy, Dec 11, 2016
  3. Screen saver kicks in, but does not clear or return to last screen after Windows last update

Screen saver was set to come on after 5 min idle and working fine. The resume was uncheck so no need to login. After the last Windows 10 update the screen saver comes on, but I need to re-login? I have checked the settings and the resume continues to be
    uncheck?

Joe Gee_58, Dec 11, 2016
Thema:

No screen saver if I don't login

1. No screen saver if I don't login - Similar Threads - screen saver don't

2. screen saver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen saver: trying to open screen saver I installed shockwave still get this notice?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/c73a81bb-d9a3-49eb-8d0d-1ab87235b109
  3. Screen saver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen saver: Whatever I do to Settings I've suddenly found it impossible to get a screen saver. Any tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/f2fe8145-4578-471a-875b-75234a993fb1
  4. screen saver

screen saver: I want to put a different screen saver from Major Geeks how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/9aff87bc-cecb-4e68-8a23-d529bfb4c57c
  5. Screen Saver

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen Saver: Hello, Please I use two monitors, how do I make my screen saver pictures display on both monitors instead of just one? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/37f95b40-934c-4c9d-833c-09e187d32f33
  6. Screen Saver Asks for Password to Login

Screen Saver Asks for Password to Login: hi - my computer screen turns to "screen saver mode" after 5mn or 10mn or 1 hour of no activity according to what i chose. to go back to work, i have to enter my pin code. i want to go back to work directly and without entering any pin. thank you [Original Title: screen...
  7. Screen Saver

Screen Saver: I set up my screen saver on new Windows 10 computer. Worked the first few days, but I think since I changed the wait time, all I get is a dark screen, and I have to hit the power button on the tower to wake up the computer. How can I get it to work again ?...
  8. Change to login screen w/ screen saver in Creator's Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change to login screen w/ screen saver in Creator's Update: I installed the Creator's Update - 1703 - on my Latitude E5450 laptop over the weekend. I was a little bit startled the first time the screen saver went on. I could no longer click my mouse or tap the keyboard to get the password login box to show. I finally figured...
  9. No screen saver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No screen saver: I upgraded to Win10 Home yesterday and I cannot get the screensaver to do anything. It never starts no matter which one I use or what time I set it for. 13068
  10. Black screen no login after screen saver

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen no login after screen saver: Hi Just been away from my computer and came back and tapped the keyboard to get a PIN login but all I got was a black screen with moving mouse cursor so had to do a hard reset. Running creators update 15063.332. Any ideas? 86476