No security tab, cannot delete folders of photos off of phone

Discus and support No security tab, cannot delete folders of photos off of phone in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, Windows 10 user here, I'm trying to delete folders of photos on my iphone because I really do not want to manually delete 15,000 photos and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ms.Ronzio, Aug 10, 2018 at 4:22 PM.

1. Ms.Ronzio Win User

Hello, Windows 10 user here, I'm trying to delete folders of photos on my iphone because I really do not want to manually delete 15,000 photos and 2,000 videos. When I try to do so in Windows file explorer of the phone, I get a message "IMG_xxxx could not be deleted. You do not have access to this item." I attempted to locate the security tab in properties, there is none. In my registry I have everything up to and including the Policies folder, but there is no Explorer folder. Upon trying to create the folder, no solution was applied. I even restarted the pc entirely. When I try to run the command in cmd prompt, I simply get "ERROR: Access is denied". I'm the administrator of my pc, but when I navigate to advanced security options in security under cmd properties, it shows TrustedInstaller has full control and I do not. I can't even locate my user profile. I'm not very good at this stuff, so I'm coming here for help before I break something.

Hopefully I did this correctly, thanks for any insight you can provide!

:)

2. oli_ramsay Win User

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused No security tab, cannot delete folders of photos off of phone :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well No security tab, cannot delete folders of photos off of phone :eek:hwell:

3. BiggieShady Win User
    Windows 8 - delete windows folders in another drive

Try right click on folder > Properties > Security tab > Advanced > Permissions Tab > Change Permissions > Add yourself if not added > change to full control

If owners utility worked you should see yourself at Properties > Security tab > Advanced > Owner Tab ... if not add yourself there

Log off, log on

Try deleting the folder

4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    • Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    • Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    • Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    • Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

Thema:

1. No security tab, cannot delete folders of photos off of phone - Similar Threads - security tab cannot

2. Cannot Copy File To Either Of Three USB Flash Drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Copy File To Either Of Three USB Flash Drives: [img] Why can't I copy the 5.7GB ISO file to either of these three USB Flash Drives? Please see attachment. Thanks. 116077
  3. Lost photos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost photos: I am using Legacy Family History programme. When I downloaded Windows10 all of the photos of people in the programme (600 +) disappeared and in the place where the photograph should be is a large question mark. How do I find the Pictures and reinstall them where they...
  4. Security Alert

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Alert: I have received a message from Microsoft that says it is a security alert and I am to call Microsoft immediately at a certain number. It then says I will have my computer shut down if I try to exit the page. Is this a scam....
  5. Your Phone app update removed for Windows 10 version 1803

in Windows 10 News
    Your Phone app update removed for Windows 10 version 1803: Microsoft last week pushed out a new update for its Your Phone app for users who have updated to the company’s latest version Windows 10 April 2018 Update. The Your Phone app lets users to access their photos and media gallery on their PCs. The app received couple of updates...
  6. Folder being renamed constantly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Folder being renamed constantly: I keep having this message: 'Now you have two copies of 2 folders"... "It was not possible to merge the changes... " and so one folder has the name changed constantly by question of a few seconds....
  7. Security.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security.: HOW do I get rid of the Virus & threat protection pop ups?! I get one every 2 seconds... no exageration.... and it is irritating! Then MS Edge pops up and says "we just saved you from a pop up on this site" Whoopie....
  8. Album Art and Folder View Issue...

in Windows 10 Support
    Album Art and Folder View Issue...: Very weird issue, where the sub-folder and mp3's show there respective album art, but for some reason the primary folders are not. So I have primary folders for each band and inside is a folder for each album of that band, the mp3's show album art and so do each album...
  9. Gmail folders won't sync to Windows Mail and Calendars, but Inbox Does

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail folders won't sync to Windows Mail and Calendars, but Inbox Does: Hi, I have been using Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app for several months, and it was working fine. Within the last couple weeks, suddenly my folders no longer sync correctly...except the inbox does. I have Reset the app, Uninstalled and reinstalled the app, Updated the...
  10. Problems with Windows10 Photos App: 1) all pictures go to 1 file instead of files indexed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Windows10 Photos App: 1) all pictures go to 1 file instead of files indexed...: I try to import photos from my iphone 8 to my Dell laptop with Windows10, both running with up to date versions of their software. I connect iphone to the PC with a USB cable. Photos app came with the laptop. I read most of the answers from the community but they didn't solve...