Windows 10: No security tab, cannot delete folders of photos off of phone

Discus and support No security tab, cannot delete folders of photos off of phone in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, Windows 10 user here, I'm trying to delete folders of photos on my iphone because I really do not want to manually delete 15,000 photos and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ms.Ronzio, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Ms.Ronzio Win User

No security tab, cannot delete folders of photos off of phone

Hello, Windows 10 user here, I'm trying to delete folders of photos on my iphone because I really do not want to manually delete 15,000 photos and 2,000 videos. When I try to do so in Windows file explorer of the phone, I get a message "IMG_xxxx could not be deleted. You do not have access to this item." I attempted to locate the security tab in properties, there is none. In my registry I have everything up to and including the Policies folder, but there is no Explorer folder. Upon trying to create the folder, no solution was applied. I even restarted the pc entirely. When I try to run the command in cmd prompt, I simply get "ERROR: Access is denied". I'm the administrator of my pc, but when I navigate to advanced security options in security under cmd properties, it shows TrustedInstaller has full control and I do not. I can't even locate my user profile. I'm not very good at this stuff, so I'm coming here for help before I break something.

Hopefully I did this correctly, thanks for any insight you can provide!

:)

Ms.Ronzio, Aug 10, 2018

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused No security tab, cannot delete folders of photos off of phone :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well No security tab, cannot delete folders of photos off of phone :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Windows 8 - delete windows folders in another drive

Try right click on folder > Properties > Security tab > Advanced > Permissions Tab > Change Permissions > Add yourself if not added > change to full control

If owners utility worked you should see yourself at Properties > Security tab > Advanced > Owner Tab ... if not add yourself there

Log off, log on

Try deleting the folder

BiggieShady, Aug 10, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    • Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    • Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    • Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    • Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

1. No security tab, cannot delete folders of photos off of phone - Similar Threads - security tab cannot

2. I cannot add the security tab to folder properties.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot add the security tab to folder properties.: Hello everyone I'm having an issue where. I right click on any folder. Go to the Properties tab. And all I see is. Either previous versions or general. There is no security tab. I have tried the multiple ways online. To reactivate this feature. To no avail. I have tried....
  3. I cannot add the security tab to folder properties.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot add the security tab to folder properties.: Hello everyone I'm having an issue where. I right click on any folder. Go to the Properties tab. And all I see is. Either previous versions or general. There is no security tab. I have tried the multiple ways online. To reactivate this feature. To no avail. I have tried....
  4. No security tab in folder properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No security tab in folder properties: Recently I installed a gameHalo Infinity from Microsoft Store but later decided to uninstall it. But I am unable to remove it from my computer. It got installed it in one of my secondary drives. Now I have a folder named Program Files which I am unable to delete. It says I...
  5. No security tab in folder properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No security tab in folder properties: Recently I installed a gameHalo Infinity from Microsoft Store but later decided to uninstall it. But I am unable to remove it from my computer. It got installed it in one of my secondary drives. Now I have a folder named Program Files which I am unable to delete. It says I...
  6. No security tab in folder properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Deleted photo reappeared and cannot be deleted

Deleted photo reappeared and cannot be deleted: I checked the photos app recently and saw that a photo I deleted I cleared the recycling bin after deletion as well has come back and if I try to delete it, it will not allow me, saying I do not have permission to delete them. In addition, I cannot go to the file location,...
  8. Cannot delete photos from my Picture folder

Cannot delete photos from my Picture folder: Hi all, and hope you can help. I have recent purchased a Lenovo with windows 10. I have just copied over all my photos from my old laptop to the new one and put them all in the picture folder. But I have tried to remove/delete unwanted ones and they will not delete from...
  9. Cannot delete photos, or folders with photos, or documents on my PC

Cannot delete photos, or folders with photos, or documents on my PC: I have an up-to-date Windows 10 on a fairly new Dell PC. I was working on some photos and videos, and a few days ago I began to have some trouble with deleting any of them. I now cannot delete any folders containing photos. I just checked, and I also cannot delete any...
  10. Security Tab Missing on Folders

Security Tab Missing on Folders: Good day, I was installing a game and need to patch it so that it would work on windows 10 but a patch won't be applied unless I access the security tab to change the permission to full control. What to do ?...