Windows 10: No sharing

Discus and support No sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A neighbor of mine set up a new computer (Computer1). She has another one as well (Computer2). Previously the two utilized network sharing (it's a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RonNewYork, Aug 14, 2018.

1. No sharing

A neighbor of mine set up a new computer (Computer1). She has another one as well (Computer2). Previously the two utilized network sharing (it's a small business). She has a router and is connected to the router via RJ45. The other computer is connected via WiFi. Her previous Computer1 totally crashed and is 100% gone. I do not know how she set that one up with the network.

She needs to share a folder on Computer1 with Computer2. I've gone into network shares and shared it. From Computer2, I do not see that folder. (\\computer1-name\folder or computer1-name\folder). If I type it in in Explorer I get the message that sharing is denied.

While Computer1 can reach the internet, it does not have WiFi running and from Network and Internet settings there is no WiFi selection. Is that the problem? Does Computer1 have to be on WiFi if Computer2 is on it (and not otherwise connected to the router)? And if so, is it just a matter of going into Services and starting WiFi Direct Services (is that is what it is)?

ALSO, I have to download Chrome to her computer. I can ping her router from either computer but if I go to her computer which has Edge and put in the IP address, Edge appends a / to the address and it is unaccessible.

Computer1 is the main computer. Computer2 needs to access it to install a program which is on Computer1 and has to be able to reach the data folders on Computer1.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RON

:)

RonNewYork, Aug 14, 2018

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Aug 14, 2018
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Arun B J Win User

No sharing

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Are you connected to Domain network?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R, type fsmgmt.msc.
    • Select Shares and right click on C$.
    • Select Stop Sharing.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

No sharing

1. No sharing - Similar Threads - sharing

2. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...: I have a private network for my business to share files throughout our different computers. Yesterday, it worked just fine as it has for months. However, today we cannot access files on the network from any computer. On my administrator login, when I try to open a network...
  3. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...: I have a private network for my business to share files throughout our different computers. Yesterday, it worked just fine as it has for months. However, today we cannot access files on the network from any computer. On my administrator login, when I try to open a network...
  4. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Folder Sharing Authentication Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Sharing Authentication Failure: Three computers, all Windows 11, A, B, and C.Folders shared on computer A can be seen by B and CFolders shared on computer B can be seen by A and CFolders shared on computer C cannot be accessed from A or B.Folder sharing by C used to work, but failed after a recent update....
  6. Folder Sharing Authentication Failure

Folder Sharing Authentication Failure: Three computers, all Windows 11, A, B, and C.Folders shared on computer A can be seen by B and CFolders shared on computer B can be seen by A and CFolders shared on computer C cannot be accessed from A or B.Folder sharing by C used to work, but failed after a recent update....
  7. windows 11 unable to create a share Access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 unable to create a share Access denied: Hi All, I am having great difficulty solving this problem. sharing no longer works on my window 11 machine. I get the error "your folder cannot be shared" I have taken ownership of the object. I went into advance sharing made sure I have full control I go to apply the share...
  8. windows 11 unable to create a share Access denied

windows 11 unable to create a share Access denied: Hi All, I am having great difficulty solving this problem. sharing no longer works on my window 11 machine. I get the error "your folder cannot be shared" I have taken ownership of the object. I went into advance sharing made sure I have full control I go to apply the share...
  9. i want to share my minidump file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to share my minidump file: hi , i have a problem with freezing and crashing problem mostly in warframe or tombrider games but it happened in other apps and games.can someone help and give a guide to get rid of it ? I've grown tired of this. i have this problem since i bought this laptop. Asus Tuf A15...
  10. i want to share my minidump file

i want to share my minidump file: hi , i have a problem with freezing and crashing problem mostly in warframe or tombrider games but it happened in other apps and games.can someone help and give a guide to get rid of it ? I've grown tired of this. i have this problem since i bought this laptop. Asus Tuf A15...