Windows 10: No shortcut option on right click desktop

Discus and support No shortcut option on right click desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Please can anyone help. I have upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10. When right clicking the desktop I only get the option under the "New" menu to crate a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shane, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Shane Win User

No shortcut option on right click desktop

Please can anyone help. I have upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10. When right clicking the desktop I only get the option under the "New" menu to crate a folder, no shortcut. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks

:)

Shane, Aug 9, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

how do i place an outlook 365 icon in my taskbar?

Hi Brenda,

Find Outlook on the alphabetical list on your Start Menu

Right click and choose More - Open File Location

Right click the file in the Folder Location and choose 'Pin to Taskbar'

If that option is not available, right click and choose 'Send to Desktop - Create Shortcut'

Then drag the Desktop shortcut onto your Taskbar and delete the Desktop Shortcut

DaveM121, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    Create a printer shortcut in Windows 10?

When you installed the printer/scanner, it should have created a SCAN shortcut in the start menu. Right click on it, there should be a an option to pin to the Start menu. In the More option, there should be an option to "open file location". Open it then
    right click and drag that program to the desktop to create a shortcut on the desktop.

Rohn007, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 9, 2015
  5. Shane Win User
    Shane, Aug 9, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 9, 2015
  7. Shane Win User
    Thank you for the help. Here is the screen dump showing only new folder option

No shortcut option on right click desktop [​IMG]

Shane, Aug 9, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 9, 2015
  9. Shane Win User
    Shane, Aug 9, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In that case, you might see how it works while signed in to a new account.

If it works properly, then you could use the new account instead.

If it still doesn't, then you may need to refresh or reset Windows. *Sad

Brink, Aug 9, 2015
  11. Shane Win User
    OK good and bad news. I shared the desktop with myself again and now I have the full context menu*Smile However the right click properties does do a thing on any account or any folder. So I guess I am stuck with a bad install whic h I don't know how to fix. Things on Windows 10 seem to start working after a few days, or am I just being hopeful. HHD is always running, is it indexing or something, install it on Sat two days ago?

Shane, Aug 10, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. No shortcut option on right click desktop - Similar Threads - shortcut option right

2. desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut: I am running Windows 11 Home.I am also running latest version. When ever I right click a desktop icon/shortcut the desktop freezes and the cursor shows the loading circle. After right clicking on a icon I can not click on anything on my desktop until I restart my PC. While...
  3. desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut: I am running Windows 11 Home.I am also running latest version. When ever I right click a desktop icon/shortcut the desktop freezes and the cursor shows the loading circle. After right clicking on a icon I can not click on anything on my desktop until I restart my PC. While...
  4. Right click options.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click options.: New Windows 11...MS Edge.When right clicking a file/Programme the options list is short but offers 'Show more options'.How do I get the full list first time with the right click....as in Windows 10?Please?...
  5. Right click options.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click options.: New Windows 11...MS Edge.When right clicking a file/Programme the options list is short but offers 'Show more options'.How do I get the full list first time with the right click....as in Windows 10?Please?...
  6. Shortcuts Not Working/When Right Click no NEW option.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shortcuts Not Working/When Right Click no NEW option.: 1. When I Double Click the Shortcuts on My Desktop Noting happen. 2. When I Right Click Anywhere, There is no NEW option from the Dialogue Box/Popup Menu. My Question.... A. What has Caused these Malfunctioning of the System? B. How can I Fix it?...
  7. Right Click Option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Option: Is there a way i can customize my right click option like add or remove app option. i want to remove github option on my right click. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-option/c2573dd3-515e-495a-ba90-969c18c20da0
  8. Create desktop shortcut in right click menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create desktop shortcut in right click menu?: Hi, I'm on Windows 10 Pro and was wondering if there is any way to add the option to create a shortcut directly on the desktop instead of the folder that the original .exe file is in? Thanks for any help. submitted by /u/PricyThunder87 [link] [comments]...
  9. No option to create shortcuts when right clicking on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to create shortcuts when right clicking on desktop: The title pretty much sums up the problem. When I right click on my desktop and select 'New' the only option is to create a new folder and there is no longer an option to create a shortcut. Also if I create the shortcut elsewhere and move it to the Desktop the shortcut...
  10. Desktop freezes if I right-click on a document or shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop freezes if I right-click on a document or shortcut: Hi everyone! My desktop freezes when I right-click on a document or shortcut. This also happens when I right-click on something in file explorer. Does anyone has a solution for this? Thank you in advance!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right click does not allow me to make a short cut for desktop

2. no create shortcut option

3. right click from website to create shortcut greyed out

4. disable create shortcut on right click,
  5. can we change the option of right click option in desktop,
  6. right click shows no create shortcut,
  7. short cut option not there,
  8. create desktop shortcut without right click,
  9. right click doesnt give option to create desktop short cut