Windows 10: No shutdown option from within Lock Screen

Discus and support No shutdown option from within Lock Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi For some reason I have not got the shutdown options within the Lock Screen. They are only in the login but I want to have them in the Lock Screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WhyMe, Sep 11, 2015.

1. WhyMe Win User

No shutdown option from within Lock Screen

Hi

For some reason I have not got the shutdown options within the Lock Screen. They are only in the login but I want to have them in the Lock Screen as I may find myself unable to access login screen sometime in the future. I would like to have that functionality.

I have confirmed the option in my Security Policies is set to disabled but I'm guessing this is not the correct setting. Please advise, as I know it's possible but cannot find the option at the moment. I'm guessing it is most likely in the registry somewhere but have not checked there as yet. Thanks! *Smile

No shutdown option from within Lock Screen [​IMG]

:)

WhyMe, Sep 11, 2015
  2. CoeJr Win User

Windows 10 Will not Shut Down my Computer

The only solution that consistently worked for my ACER ASPIRE R7 was to do a RESTART first, then do a Shutdown from the LOCK screen. However, the latest OS update does NOT shutdown running programs before doing a RESTART (that is covered in another thread)
    and actually powers up and restarts the running applications, automatically. None of the previous Fast Start Options affect this behavior. So far it has shutdown completely using the NEW version Restart/Shutdown behavior, however now when selecting to Shutdown
    from the LOCK screen, it provides a warning that data may be lost by any applications/users that are still active before allowing you to proceed with the shutdown. The 2017 W10 updates change the shutdown menu option to operate as a "shutdown /sg /" which
    says to restart registered programs on next reboot. The restart option functions as a "shutdown /g" which restarts and reloads registered programs. You can create shortcuts that perform /s and /r without restarting registered programs, but customized lock
    screen settings will be ignored.

CoeJr, Sep 11, 2015
  3. Lock screen image returns to default after shutdown

Whenever I open my laptop from shutdown, the lock screen image is the default nature image from Windows 10. But when I check the settings, the picture of the lock screen is not the nature image but the one I saved. This only happens after shutdown, the
    lock screen I want is correct when I open from sleep.

Jessica San Miguel, Sep 11, 2015
  4. edwar Win User

Press and hold the power button. Or set the power button option, in Advanced Power Options, to Shut Down the system for both AC powered and Battery powered.

Not sure why you wouldn't be able to access the login screen. No need to actually Log In. That option is available from the Log In screen where you type in your password.

edwar, Sep 11, 2015
  5. WhyMe Win User
    Because I've had it where people cannot access login screen options due to system failure but can still get to the lock screen. Restart+Shift can then be used to access Advanced Start Menu via lock screen instead. It provides another simple option to access bios or whatever if the need arises. *Smile (instead of looking for boot disk, rescue disk, Linux live disk etc etc)

It is for the above reasons that your solution does not resolve my query. But thanks anyhow. I know it is possible to have the power shutdown button on the Lock screen on Win10. I'd just like to have it here too (for shift+restart functionality)

*Smile

WhyMe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. No shutdown option from within Lock Screen - Similar Threads - shutdown option within

2. lock screen sign in options

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lock screen sign in options: I had a remote desktop in my laptop for work. When I added my work microsoft account I wasn't allowed to use my fingerprint scanner anymore due to organization policies. I recently left the job so I deleted the work microsoft account, and I'm still unable to enter my...
  3. Child Computer locked within Screen Time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child Computer locked within Screen Time: Hi Microsoft SupportI am based in Malaysia. I set my child's screen time every day, from 7 am until 10 pm Weekday, and 10 am until 6 pm Weekend. However, my child computer is often locked within the screen time and informed only the next day. This needs me to unlock and set...
  4. Screen within a screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen within a screen: Hi, Is there any way to packet my ongoing projects on my work desktop? I would like to be able to minimize collections of ongoing work into entire desktops. Ie. I want everything I have open for the presentation I'm working on web browsers, word docs, pdfsto be able to...
  5. Lock screen options

Lock screen options: Why does my computer keep changing my lock screen pictures from Windows Spotlight to other pictures. Every time I log on it keeps changing that option. I enjoy seeing the nature pics in the Spotlight instead of pictures of random people apparently related to other files in...
  6. Shutdown Button in Lock Screen Not Working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Shutdown Button in Lock Screen Not Working: the Shutdown button in the Lock screen is not working. It was working fine but now when the screen is locked and I need to shut down the PC. It doesn't Shutdown even though i keep clicking on Shutdown. I have tried using the Cmd Commands powercfg.cpl and sfc /scannow But it...
  7. Shutdown using power button from lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown using power button from lock screen: My problem is that Windows will not shut the computer down when you press the power button (physical button on the computer, not the button on the log in screen) at the lock screen or log in screen. Is there a setting or registry I have to change to allow this to function...
  8. Lock screen font options

Lock screen font options: After a bunch of web searching and going through as many options as I can find in the OS I'm still stumped on being able to change the font on the lock screen. All that I have showing is the basic clock and date, but I'd love to be able to change it from white due to the...
  9. Pin option missing from lock screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Pin option missing from lock screen: A few days ago when booting up my laptop I lost the option to login using my pin. I've tried resetting this in account settings but when I try to add a new pin it has me login with my password and old pin, then stops running the process. If I click the "forgot pin" option the...
  10. no sleep option in lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    no sleep option in lock screen: sorry if this has been asked before, but i couldn't find anything about a missing sleep option from the lock screen, only a shut down option. i recently had to reinstall windows 10 (home), and since i've reinstalled, i've lost my sleep option from the lock screen. i can...