Windows 10: No Sign-in screen after wake-up (st-by)

Discus and support No Sign-in screen after wake-up (st-by) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, thank you for your kind support/suggestions. Before writing here I searched almost everywhere, I was able to sucessfully avoid the sign in screen... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Barabba, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Barabba Win User

No Sign-in screen after wake-up (st-by)

Hi, thank you for your kind support/suggestions.
    Before writing here I searched almost everywhere, I was able to sucessfully avoid the sign in screen at startup, but not after wakeup (st-by or hibernation). DO you have other suggestions?
    What I have: Win10 1703 15063.608
    What I tried:
    1)under KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows dword32 "NoLockScreen" with value 1
    2) under gpedit: admin temp/control panel/personaliz/ I enable "don't show lock screen"
    3) under gpedit:admin temp/system/power management/sleep settings/ enabled "do not ask for password after resume" for battery and AC
    4) created:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Power\PowerSettings\0e796bdb-100d-47d6-a2d5-f7d2daa51f51]
    "DCSettingIndex"=dword:00000000
    "ACSettingIndex"=dword:00000000
    5) on Dos with administr privileges pasted:
    powercfg /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_NONE CONSOLELOCK 0
    powercfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_NONE CONSOLELOCK 0
    6) on scheduled events, added on resume the execution of following command:
    add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\SessionData /t REG_DWORD /v AllowLockScreen /d 0 /f

Nothing helped, any other suggestion?

:)

Barabba, Sep 18, 2017
  2. TG_TR Win User

Windows 10- 1709(16299.125)---Sign in screen not appearing

I do not get the sign in screen after waking the PC up from sleep mode. The only way I can get sign-in screen is to restart.

TG_TR, Sep 18, 2017
  3. Sign in screen on Windows 10 won't show up after wake up

Okay, for the past few days ,my sign in screen, for what ever reason, just isn't showing up after I wake up my PC. It just goes straight to the desktop. However, it shows up after restarting or shutting down the PC,
    but if I put it in sleep mode then wake it up, it goes straight to the desktop, no sign in screen. Why?! I don't know! And yes, I have already checked my lock on screen settings, as well as my password settings and nothing has changed.

imad faruqi, Sep 18, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Sep 18, 2017
  5. Barabba Win User
    Thank you for your kind reply, yes I tried all..
    well the problem may be that I don't have any chances to set the sign in as visible in the method 1, it ask me to create a password for my account to see other possible settings. Should I really? In all other windows if I set a password it will ask me always to insert it, I don't know about Win10
    I attach the screenshots:

No Sign-in screen after wake-up (st-by) [​IMG]

No Sign-in screen after wake-up (st-by) [​IMG]

Barabba, Sep 18, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Option 3 perhaps in your case?

dalchina, Sep 18, 2017
  7. Barabba Win User
    As you can see from my list (option 5) I've already tried (and reboot after)
    As I'm missing to see what on option 1 and 2 I'm afraid there is something wrong around..
    This installation of Windows is pretty fresh, the registries have to be close to the original values, what's wrong?
    Thank you

Barabba, Sep 18, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Suggest you compare what you're seeing with what happens if you create a new user for test purposes.

If the tutorial works in that case, your problem lies with your current user account.

dalchina, Sep 18, 2017
  9. Barabba Win User
    seems solved with latest version..

Barabba, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No Sign-in screen after wake-up (st-by) - Similar Threads - Sign screen wake

2. Black screen after wakes up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after wakes up: I have GEEKOM Mini Air 11 running Win11 and Sceptre monitor. In the past, waking up created a wallpaper and PIN line on the monitor. Not anymore. Now, waking up creates a black screen and then an error message " The Recycle bin is corrupted..." Clicking it gets back to the...
  3. Black screen after wakes up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after wakes up: I have GEEKOM Mini Air 11 running Win11 and Sceptre monitor. In the past, waking up created a wallpaper and PIN line on the monitor. Not anymore. Now, waking up creates a black screen and then an error message " The Recycle bin is corrupted..." Clicking it gets back to the...
  4. Blue screen after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen after waking up from sleep: Hi,Recently I get a BSOD when my PC wakes up from sleep. The bluescreen says "CRITICAL" something, but when I look into reliability reports there is no report of the BSOD. Any other ideas?Thanks and Regards,...
  5. White static screen after waking up sleep screen.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    White static screen after waking up sleep screen.: I was waking up my pc but it just shows blank screen. unplugged the hdmi and plug it back it just shows white static screen, restarted it and it become normal. is it my gpu? or driver?...
  6. (2004 Update) Screen freezes on sign-in window after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (2004 Update) Screen freezes on sign-in window after waking up from sleep: I did the 2004 update on 30th May. It arrived officially, there wasn't anything manual there. Since then, my PC randomly gets slow and unresponsive. The most annoying and prevalent problem is that after I open the flap to wake my laptop, the screen just stays the same...
  7. Speakers disappear after waking screen up!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers disappear after waking screen up!: Hi all, after my last GPU drivers update Windows 10 doesn't recognize my Logitech Z313 speakers after waking up my AOC C24G1 monitor. If i restart the system it recognize the audio coming from monitor (the speakers are connected by green jack to the monitor) but if PC goes...
  8. Disable Wake screen & Sign In

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disable Wake screen & Sign In: Hello, Happy Thanksgiving! Win10 Home x64 1903 all updates! Haven't had any success in disabling the ad screen and sign-in after wake. Tried TenForums tools, tried disable password on wake, tried chaning a few more things, tried Googling, tried reg scripts, got locked out of...
  9. Disable Wake screen & Sign In

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable Wake screen & Sign In: Hello, Win10homex64 Haven't had any success in disabling the ad screen and sign-in after wake. Tried TenForums tools, tried disable password on wake, tried chaning a few more things, tried Googling, tried reg scripts, got locked out of apps. Reimaged drive, when through this...
  10. Remove Sign In Screen after screen wake.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Sign In Screen after screen wake.: Hi, I have a problem that I cannot seem to overcome. I have a Windows 10 Pro (Version 1607) tablet device that I need to get rid of the sign in screen after the screen comes out of sleep. I have checked all the threads here that I think relate to the problem to no avail,...