Windows 10: No Sign-in Window After Sleep Mode

Discus and support No Sign-in Window After Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since the Microsoft update on 14th Jan, when my PC comes out of sleep mode the sign-in window doesn't appear unless I press ctrl+alt+del first. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Andy123, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Andy123 Win User

No Sign-in Window After Sleep Mode

Since the Microsoft update on 14th Jan, when my PC comes out of sleep mode the sign-in window doesn't appear unless I press ctrl+alt+del first. In Google there are a lot of questions about this same problem going as far back 2015, has anyone found a solution that actually works and doesn't involve having to re-install everything. My sleep mode has been working fine for a year now so I'm not sure what's suddenly been changed.

One suggestion is to go into the power options control panel and switch off all the power save options like sleep mode, but that then means leaving the PC on 24/7.

:)

Andy123, Jan 18, 2017
  2. SayWhat Win User

No Sign-in window after waking up from Sleep Mode

I have been running Windows 10 for the last year, the PC goes into sleep mode after 20 minutes. I press the keyboard/click the mouse once to wake it up, and press the keyboard/click the mouse again for the sign-in window to appear. Since the Microsoft security
    update on 14th Jan the PC still wakes up fine, but after the second press/click the sign-in window no longer appears. Now I have to do a ctrl+alt+del each time before the sign-in window appears.

I have checked all the options to ensure that "select ctrl+alt+del" is not set anywhere. How can I go back to the way it used to work before?

SayWhat, Jan 18, 2017
  3. No Sign-in window after waking up from Sleep Mode

I will probably have to take my computer in to have the recent update removed. Damn!!@!

CarolynMcCreight, Jan 18, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Then roll back before that update with System Restore. I never leave a computer running 24/7, unless it is a NAS or server. No need for a Workstation to run when not using.

bro67, Jan 18, 2017
  5. Arkhog Win User
    Go to Settings>Accounts>Sign-In options>Require Sign-In. Choose - When PC wakes up from sleep

Arkhog, Jan 18, 2017
  6. Andy123,

See if turning off Hibernation solves the problem:
    Right-click Start and select: Command Prompt (Admin)

At the Command Prompt type:

Code: powercfg /h off[/quote] Type Exit, and restart the computer.

Note: On a laptop, when the battery runs out you might lose your opened work, so keep that in mind whe tturning this feature off..

cottonball, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. No Sign-in Window After Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Sign Window Sleep

2. Enable sign in after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable sign in after sleep: I have a new computer and for some reason I cannot figure out how to make it lock when it goes to sleep. I know most people want to disable that feature, but I need my computer to lock when I step away from it for a while. My old computer did that by default but on this one...
  3. Enable sign in after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable sign in after sleep: I have a new computer and for some reason I cannot figure out how to make it lock when it goes to sleep. I know most people want to disable that feature, but I need my computer to lock when I step away from it for a while. My old computer did that by default but on this one...
  4. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.: Hello everyone, It's been a month since I've been trying every solution suggested, plus those I found on here in other answered topics. However, none seems to fix the waking up of the PC some 3 -5 seconds after it shutdown or goes to sleep. Finally, did a clean reinstall with...
  5. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.: Hello everyone, It's been a month since I've been trying every solution suggested, plus those I found on here in other answered topics. However, none seems to fix the waking up of the PC some 3 -5 seconds after it shutdown or goes to sleep. Finally, did a clean reinstall with...
  6. sleep mode after update

sleep mode after update: I am really sick and tired of windows. Every time there is an update, the sleep mode of my computer stops working and I have to spend countless hours trying to figure out how to fix it. And every time, it seems to be more and more complicated. In all honesty, I think that...
  7. no lockscreen after sleep mode

no lockscreen after sleep mode: to keep it simple recently i messed around with my local account settings and it was a terrible idea. at one point i was pretty much obligated to create a password whenever i opened up my pc but i somehow managed to get rid of it. now, however, whenever my pc goes into sleep...
  8. No Sound After Sleep Mode

No Sound After Sleep Mode: Hello I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop that I'd had since December 2019. I am running Win10, Version 1909 OS build 18363.815. Whenever this laptop is wakened from sleep mode, sound no longer plays from the speakers or from headphones. If I go into sound settings, under where...
  9. Windows Locked After "Sleep" Mode

Windows Locked After "Sleep" Mode: Hi Microsoft, There is a bug in Windows (I am using Windows 10) whereby I let my laptop go into Sleep mode for a few days, after which I can no longer unlock Windows despite correct password. I checked online and many mentioned it is a common Microsoft log-in bug, but I...
  10. Sign in after sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign in after sleep: I have followed every tutorial on disabling required sign in after sleep. None are working for me on a Windows 10 tablet. I am still getting the sign in screen after sleep. Trying to just skip it doesn't work. "Disable sign in after power on" works great. I have tried all...