Windows 10: No signal to monitor with NVIDIA GeForce GTX970

Discus and support No signal to monitor with NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi all Purchased a new CyberPower Gaming Elite II PC 2 days ago and have since been unable to get a signal going from the NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Muel07, May 8, 2016.

1. Muel07 Win User

No signal to monitor with NVIDIA GeForce GTX970

Hi all

Purchased a new CyberPower Gaming Elite II PC 2 days ago and have since been unable to get a signal going from the NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 to my monitor. Granted it is an old monitor with a VGA connection and so have used the adapter that came with the computer to convert it to DVI but still, there's no signal going to the monitor. Do I need to upgrade my monitor? I have tested a HDMI cable going from the PC to my TV but that doesn't seem to provide a signal either! I'm out of options that I can think of!

Any help greatly appreciated,

Kind Regards,

Sam.

:)

Muel07, May 8, 2016
  2. laila_sf Win User

Loosing second monitor by updating the graphic driver on win10-64bit

Hi,

It's been a while, I upgraded my pc to win10. But there is an issue by updating windows or graphic drivers. Whenever either one getting updated, I loose the dual monitor capability(two Nvidia-geforce graphic cards are installed on my system(gtx970 & titanZ)).

Right now, I've updated the graphic driver to the latest version (391.01), but it couldn't detect my second monitor. I'm wondering if there is a solution?

Thanks

laila_sf, May 8, 2016
  3. Seanspeed Win User
    DirectX 12 support broken on Windows 10?

That is not the latest version of Nvidia's drivers. 355.60 is new and it solved my issues as well. Was previously on 11.3(despite having a GTX970), but with the new driver update, I'm at DX12.

Open up Nvidia GeForce Experience and update. Won't guarantee it'll fix your problem, but it may well do so.

Seanspeed, May 8, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

If you're not getting a signal to the monitor during POST (power on self test), I'd expect a hardware problem.

Are there any diagnostic LEDs on the motherboard?

bobkn, May 8, 2016
  5. Muel07 Win User
    Not that I can see, there's just some blue LED lights which always seem to be on as soon as I power up. The onboard graphics work when I'm plugged directly into that port, but then when I use the adapter to plug my monitor into the GeForce graphics card, my monitor screen just stays on standby.

Muel07, May 8, 2016
  6. bobkn Win User
    Sounds like the motherboard isn't switching to the discrete card.

Is there a BIOS setting for graphics priority?

bobkn, May 9, 2016
  7. Control Panel/Device Manager/Display Adapters: What do you see there about the GTX970?

Not Myself, May 9, 2016
  8. pete1208 Win User

I had a case where they computer would not recognize the graphics card until I updated the bios.

pete1208, May 9, 2016
  9. RWOne Win User
    In addition to setting device in BIOS, did you plug in the 6 or 8 pin connector to the card in addition to plugging it into a PCI-E slot?

It will not work if you only placed it in the slot, it needs the extra power leads.

RWOne, May 9, 2016
  10. DooGie Win User
    The GTX970 takes two 6 pin power leads.

DooGie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No signal to monitor with NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 - Similar Threads - signal monitor NVIDIA

2. problem with installation of Nvidia geforce

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with installation of Nvidia geforce: Hi,After updating to win 11, I can not install my Nvidia driver. I tried different versions and also tried to use the windows update, but nothing changed. Every time I got the message that "this version is not compatible with this device."This is my hardware...
  3. NVIDIA Geforce 920m

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA Geforce 920m: Hi, I would like to change my PC's default graphics processor to Nvidia Geforce 920m, which is installed in my system, how do i do it? Thanking you, Ibrahim https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-geforce-920m/b894ea00-c76d-46a2-adff-89b1f746428e
  4. Nvidia geforce not showing up

Nvidia geforce not showing up: Purchased a brand new hp laptop but the dedicated graphic card is not showing up and causing heavy frame drop while playing games on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-geforce-not-showing-up/cee21876-b3ee-4806-a920-d7bf3f7c8f8a
  5. NVIDIA GeForce 940MX

NVIDIA GeForce 940MX: NVIDIA GeForce 940MX cant install iti download driver from HP drivers and nothing it gives me warning message in device manger[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-geforce-940mx/1f6bb690-54bc-4488-8071-ddc8bd9e53e0
  6. Nvidia geforce GT540M

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia geforce GT540M: I used to have problems with my graphic cards. I have 2 graphic cards one is Intel and the other is Nvidia. Then I went to a repair store and the guy said that my Nvidia graphic card was burned and then he replace with a new one. After my laptop repaired for a while I didn't...
  7. Alternative driver to Nvidia GeForce

Alternative driver to Nvidia GeForce: I have a Sony Vaio using a Nvidia GeForce 310M graphics driver. I run Windows 7. It is not compatible with Windows 10 and I can't upgrade. Sony are going to take forever to update the Windows 8 drivers so I'm not holding my breath for an early update on Windows 7 (if at...
  8. dual monitor setup on nvidia geforce 730gt?

dual monitor setup on nvidia geforce 730gt?: ok, I've got an nvidia geforce 730gt, its got a dvi port(in use with main monitor) and an hdmi port. what I want to know..is can I hook in an hdmi monitor as a second display device, and do a dual monitor setup? 94572
  9. nVidia GeForce 8800GT and GeForce 9500GT

nVidia GeForce 8800GT and GeForce 9500GT: I have an older machine I use for backup (Dell OptiPlex 745) fairly well appointed, with an on-the-motherboard graphics adapter (Intel, I think) running one monitor and a plug-in nVidia based adapter, running two monitors. I was running Linux on it until January 2015, when I...
  10. NVIDIA: GeForce 6150 LE

NVIDIA: GeForce 6150 LE: Win 10 says my NVIDIA: GeForce 6150 LE isn't acceptable and needs an update in order to work. How do I get an update? I'm not quite computer illiterate, but I can see it from where I'm standing. I can follow simple directions, usually. I've loaded W10 into three of our...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Nvidia gtx 960 no signal to monitors

2. windows 10 gtx 970 no signal

3. nvidia gtx970 no dvi signal on 2 monitors