Windows 10: No Sound after Build 10049 Update

Discus and support No Sound after Build 10049 Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After what seemed to be ages - more than 5 hours on an Intel I7 32M PC - Build 10049 finally upgraded from 10041 BUT no sound. I had this problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WightWalker, Apr 1, 2015.

1. No Sound after Build 10049 Update

After what seemed to be ages - more than 5 hours on an Intel I7 32M PC - Build 10049 finally upgraded from 10041 BUT no sound.

I had this problem with Build 10041 when it updated the audio drivers but at least I could roll back the drivers to something previous that worked.

Now, there is no roll back & I'm left with a quiet PC which is pretty hopeless when it comes to using audio apps.

Don't see the point of Spartan as it doesn't open web pages from web site on my PC.

Can't believe that uSoft can be so stupid as not to be able to get this right at this stage in the development of Windows 10.

:)

WightWalker, Apr 1, 2015
  2. Robocrash Win User

Stuck on build 10049

Hey guys,

I'm a windows insider and my system is stuck on build 10049. 10049 is running well on my computer, but I have started to get messages saying that my current build will expire soon.

Any update I have tried since 10049 fails due to insufficient disc space, including an online update to Win10 current released version. In addition, I tried to load from an iso, but now that is asking for my key, which no longer works I assume because I'm
    no longer running Win 7.

I have also tried the delete extra languages fix, but English is the only language loaded.

I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks

dave

Robocrash, Apr 1, 2015
  3. Windows 10 TPV Builds 10240-10049 Crashes Microsoft Money

Windows 10 TPV Builds 10240-10049 Crashes Microsoft Money

DonsiMyLive, Apr 1, 2015
  4. wdrs Win User

No Sound after Build 10049 Update

Sound, I think, but no microphone. It appears I need drivers for Realtek High Definition Audio and I have not yet located them.
    I am getting used to Project Spartan, slowly, and it does have hiccups, but also it does appear quicker than ie 11 and, more importantly, Chrome.

wdrs, Apr 1, 2015
  5. brummyfan Win User
    You both could try the drivers from this thread:Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version for Windows 8
    EDIT: If you find Enhancements in Advanced tab, just disable it and see whether it resolves the problem. Please note that I don't have Enhancements but your drivers may have. I have attached snips just to give you an idea.

No Sound after Build 10049 Update [​IMG]

brummyfan, Apr 1, 2015
  6. Don't know if Realtex drivers are compatible with VIA.

Just don't understand why the audio drivers can be working in 9926, initially in 10041 before in-build updates & completely not working in 10041 - guess that uSoft progress for you.

With Windows 10 functionality plummeting downhill, there's no way I'm replacing my Windows 7 OS.

To think, that for some it was the lack of a Start Menu that was the issue!!

WightWalker, Apr 1, 2015
  7. brummyfan Win User
    Your MB supports both VIA Codecs and High Definition Audio but I am unable to confirm the compatibility, you need to wait for someone else to give you useful help as I'm not familiar with high end PCs like yours.

brummyfan, Apr 1, 2015
  8. CountMike New Member

High Definition Audio doesn't necessarily mean Realtec, it's generic term. (CoDec is a chip for converting digital > analog > digital signal, Coder-Decoder). In this case quick search found that that MB uses "VIA VT2021 codec" chip so that's driver you have to look for. Try here: VIA Drivers and Support Packages Download ones for Win8/8.1 should be fine.

CountMike, Apr 1, 2015
  9. Thanks for the advice, but it didn't help, it only made matters worse. Before I downloaded the VIA Drivers, I checked the the chipset on my MB to confirm that its was VIA VT2021 codec. After they were installed, system was re-booted with still no sound but NONE of the audio players would now work. Uninstalled new drivers, re-booted & checked that they were as previous.

Still no sound. Performed a troubleshoot sound problem check via windows with following error message, but Windows could not/would not rectify the problem.

Under Control Panel, opened up Sound & found that Headphones was the default device, changed this to Speakers & hey-presto, sound now works.

Surprising simple once you know how, but it makes you wonder why Windows would configure the audio default device to Headphones & not speakers.

Thanks to brummyfan & CountMike for adivise & steering me in the right direction.

WightWalker, Apr 1, 2015
  10. CountMike New Member
    You are welcome but there's a lot more work left to be done on W10, for MS and HW and SW developers. For us users too I guess.

CountMike, Apr 1, 2015
  11. brummyfan Win User
    Thanks WightWalker for posting the solution, useful for others and well done*Smile

brummyfan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No Sound after Build 10049 Update - Similar Threads - Sound Build 10049

2. Install build 10049 over 10041

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Install build 10049 over 10041: I'm using VirtualBox and and wonder whether I have to start a new VM for 10049, or whether I install 10049 over 10041. Anyone tried this? BTW, new to the forum so apologize if this post is in the wrong place or something *Smile. --Al-- P.S. the Microsoft site says...
  3. No Project Spartan in Build 10049

in Browsers and Email
    No Project Spartan in Build 10049: Hi there. I recently installed 10049, but Project Spartan is not there or isn't working. When I go to All Apps and search under P for Project Spartan, there is an icon. When I click on it, it puts a big picture of Project Spartan on the screen, but there is no Internet...
  4. Error 80070003 -0x20007 Updating to Build 10049

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error 80070003 -0x20007 Updating to Build 10049: Hi All, After downloading Build 10049 through Windows Update, gets to installation process and get this error. Reverts back to 10041. Any ideas ? Jim 5058
  5. Windows Update won't download updates (Build 10049)

Windows Update won't download updates (Build 10049): The Windows Update app says (and shows) that I have updates available but never downloads and there is no option to start the download or manually download. This is a new clean install of 10049 from ISO. Running 10049 64BIT [img] 5474
  6. Unable to Activate Build 10049

Unable to Activate Build 10049: Several Days ago I updated my 10041 build to 10049. When I went to This Pc I was told it was not activated. I tried to activate on line but was asked for the product key. That I don't have nor can I find one on the web for my 64bit version. Do I really need to activate?...
  7. Build 10049 Nvidia driver error

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Build 10049 Nvidia driver error: Just installed 10049 onto my laptop which is dual graphics, when I try and install the graphics for my nvidia 750m the app gives me the error "Sorry, you must install Intel drivers first". The intel HD graphics drivers are installed and i've rebooted the laptop a couple...
  8. Build 10049 didn't install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 10049 didn't install: Hi there. I am dualbooting Windows 7 and Windows 10 TP on a laptop. I downloaded 10049 overnight with Windows Update. When I got back to the laptop this morning, it had a brief error message saying, "Cannot install 10049 on a virtual drive". That's where Build 9926 is...
  9. Build 10049 Will Download But Aborts Installation

Build 10049 Will Download But Aborts Installation: I have build 10041 in different stages on three SSDs. Have had no problems installing updates including new builds in the past. Build 10049 downloads (100%), but installation always aborts - even on one SSD which has an absolutely pristine 10041 - installed with no problems...
  10. Microsoft did it again with build 10049....

Microsoft did it again with build 10049....: Well last time i could go back to build 9926, want to do that again, but get the feeling that it will not do any good. So back to the ridiculous start, back to the search web and windows on the taskbar, which for me always does a search on the internet.... Bye bye Start...