Windows 10: No sound after disconnecting from TeamViewer session

Discus and support No sound after disconnecting from TeamViewer session in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is rather weird. I connect to a computer using TeamViewer and when I finish and close the session, I get no sound from my speakers. To fix it I go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by spapakons, Nov 10, 2015.

1. spapakons Win User

No sound after disconnecting from TeamViewer session

This is rather weird. I connect to a computer using TeamViewer and when I finish and close the session, I get no sound from my speakers. To fix it I go to Services and restart the Windows Audio service. Anyone knows why this happens? Is there any setting in TeamViewer I have to change? Thank you in advance.

:)

spapakons, Nov 10, 2015

2. Windows 10 Remote Desktop Session - Sound stops when disconnect

Hi.

When I disconnect a Remote Desktop Session to a Windows 10 host, the applications keep on running, but sounds stop playing, in fact music stop playing.

The Remote Sessions is configured to play sound in the host PC.

Until a couple of days ago, it used to work fine. I do not remember having changed a configuration around this.

It used to work even after the anniversary upgrade.

I have tried changing the policies with the Group Policies Editor, to make sure the session continues after ending the Remote Session but without success.

Can someone help me?, please.

[Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category]

FJSampedro, Nov 10, 2015
  3. JimGing Win User
    Server 2016 Essentials RDP session - no keyboard or mouse

After installing the latest build 14393.rs1_release_inmarket.161014-1755 I'm having this problem.

When reconnecting to a previously disconnected but running desktop session, after authentication I receive a black screen and shortly thereafter the session quits with the following error:

"Failed to reconnect to your remote session.

Please try to connect again."

This behavior is the same with MS RDP client in both Windows 10 and Android MS RDP client version 4.2.

If I connect from Linux the behavior is slightly different. Here I am able to connect to the session and see the desktop but I'm not able to get a response from keyboard or mouse. It's as if the session is not listening for input. The session remains
    alive (animations continue to update e.g. clock) until I disconnect.

So far the only way I'm able to restore normal RDP session behavior is to reboot the server.

JimGing, Nov 10, 2015
Thema:

No sound after disconnecting from TeamViewer session

1. No sound after disconnecting from TeamViewer session - Similar Threads - sound disconnecting TeamViewer

2. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  3. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  4. The Remote Computer disconnected the session...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Remote Computer disconnected the session...: I'm trying to set up a new PC in my workplace. We use Remote Desktop to connect to our server, which is an ancient win2000 unit, but I've set up plenty of new Windows 10 machines throughout the office and never had this issue. Normally, I enter the address of the server and...
  5. Espionage from Teamviewer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Espionage from Teamviewer: Hello! I felt that somebody was moving my documents and taking screenshot frommy work. So I called Servicedesk coz I saw that it probably was someone thathave access to TEAMVIEWER. they lie to me coz I found the LOgfile. and I found a lot of dates that somebody with ID:...
  6. Crackly sound from remote desktop session

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Crackly sound from remote desktop session: Both clients are running Windows 10, the latest version as well. I'm using the standard remote desktop session client program application thing, to connect to the remote machine. All is fine, everything works. Except audio is crackly. A simple *ding* sounds horrific, like a...
  7. Disconnecting a user from a windows session

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disconnecting a user from a windows session: Greetings, I wanted to link a windows 10 session with the account of my son. I wanted this so that he could get all school-related docs anywhere with Onedrive, and so that I could control what he does with parental control. But I mistakingly linked two windows sessions with...
  8. Sound disconnects from headphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound disconnects from headphone: Hi I have a problem where when i connect my headset to my pc and when playing it suddenly sounded like it was gonna crash and paused my game but like drops the fps then removes the sound from my headset. It also happens from watching videos like youtube is there a way to...
  9. No sound from session on login screen after sleep. Changed after 1809

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound from session on login screen after sleep. Changed after 1809: I have been using foobar2000 and fooscheduler as an alarm clock for years. When I go to sleep I put computer to sleep and in the morning fooscheduler wakes the computer and starts to play music. I has worked before, but now couple of weeks ago 1809 update was installed on my...
  10. Activate Screensaver when disconnecting from RDP session

in Windows 10 Customization
    Activate Screensaver when disconnecting from RDP session: Hello, I have my desktop at home setup so that I can use Windows Remote Desktop to remote into it and do work. When I'm done, I usually just close the RDP session window, leaving my computer at home logged in, but locked (because I have other server processes running). If...