Windows 10: no sound after each windows 10 update

Discus and support no sound after each windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a speaker connected by bluetooth. When I look at my bluetooth devices, it says the speaker is paired, but needs to be connected. For less than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nicky'sS, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Nicky'sS Win User

no sound after each windows 10 update

I have a speaker connected by bluetooth. When I look at my bluetooth devices, it says the speaker is paired, but needs to be connected. For less than a second I have sound, then no more sound and a message says the connection didn't work. Then it says the speaker is unplugged. The speaker hasn't been unplugged from before it stopped working. I've tried the troubleshooting advice from the virtual assistant, but when I get to the point where it says to set the default device, the button to set my speaker as the default device is grayed out and doesn't work.

It seems like this problem happens each time Windows 10 updates, then after a while it starts working again until the next update. Is there a way to fix this problem?

:)

Nicky'sS, Jul 22, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 22, 2018
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue no sound after each windows 10 update :p

cadaveca, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 sound problems.

Hi Roger,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install all driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • In which browser are you facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft Article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Do let us know if you are able to get Sound with all relevant programs. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

1. no sound after each windows 10 update - Similar Threads - sound each update

2. Anxiety after each update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Anxiety after each update: Hi, I am suffering of a new disease. When I see the word Update appearing at the screen, I know that my computer will have trouble. The usual trouble is: no more camera. Now I know how to solve it, since I received an answer. Again today my camera was unable to...
  3. Windows 10 BSOD after each quality update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 BSOD after each quality update: I've been experiencing issues with Windows Updates for several months now. Almost always, when installing quality updates, Windows will not boot after installing the update. Instead, I get BSOD during boot with errors "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" or...
  4. There is no sound in Windows 10 after the update

There is no sound in Windows 10 after the update: The sound on my computer stopped working right after a Windows 10 update. I tried to verify the cables and settings. The computer says that the sound card and the Realtek controller work fine. Can you help...
  5. No sound in Windows 10 after update

No sound in Windows 10 after update: The sound on my computer stopped working right after a Windows 10 update. I have tried checking cords, settings, uninstalling & reinstalling driver, plugging cord into both slots on card. The computer says the Realtek sound card and driver are working fine. Can you help?...
  6. no sound after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound after windows 10 update: I updated windows 10 on 11th September 2019 and now have no sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-after-windows-10-update/0a8b7dd0-d710-4a31-ade4-805b446fd51c
  7. no sound after windows 10 update

no sound after windows 10 update: i updated my windows 10 today and my sound is gone. I followed the instructions on the no sound fix page and uninstalled my sound device and my pc did not reinstall it. What do I do now?...
  8. no sound after windows 10 update

no sound after windows 10 update: I sm not getting sound on my hp touchsmart 610 all in one computer after a windows 10 update. I have followed all the things I have found online from hp and windows but am still not getting sound.no sound...
  9. no sound after windows 10 update

no sound after windows 10 update: I now have no sound after updating windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-after-windows-10-update/dbed4177-8ece-4bc7-9bcf-f17694861e77
  10. Sound Driver lost after each reboot.

Sound Driver lost after each reboot.: Hi there. Since upgrading to win 10, I am having problems with sound not being permanent. Don't quite know how to approach it. This is VIA HD audio on an ECS motherboard. The icon on the taskbar shows that sound is on, and at 75%. But when I test it, there is no sound coming...