Windows 10: No sound after upgrading to GTX 1060 (using HDMI cable/dual monitors)

Discus and support No sound after upgrading to GTX 1060 (using HDMI cable/dual monitors) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, So yesterday I've bought a GTX 1060 6GB (MSI version) and replaced my old GT 730. So previously I used DVI and VGA for my monitors (as I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TheAndriusB, Mar 21, 2017.

1. No sound after upgrading to GTX 1060 (using HDMI cable/dual monitors)

Hello,

So yesterday I've bought a GTX 1060 6GB (MSI version) and replaced my old GT 730. So previously I used DVI and VGA for my monitors (as I didn't have a HDMI port on old GT 730). And now I'm using HDMI on one of my monitor and DVI on the other one.
    Right after upgrading to GTX 1060 I've understood that I have no sound on my SPEAKERS and so far nothing has helped. I'll post a list of the things I've already did (which is about 5 pages of Google search all over)
    • Tried plugging in only one monitor (the one with DVI) - still no sound.
    • Replaced my GPU into another slot on my motherboard - still no sound.
    • Uninstalled/Reinstalled/Deleted/Disabled/Removed drivers and devices from Device Manager - still no sound.
    • Have my Speakers as default on Sound options menu
    No sound after upgrading to GTX 1060 (using HDMI cable/dual monitors) [​IMG]
    (the green bars are moving when I try to play something) - still no sound.
    • REINSTALLED WINDOWS and did everything above from the beginning - sitll no sound.
    • Enabled onboard sound card in BIOS - still no sound.
    • Updated all the drivers - still no sound.
    • Might have forgotten some other steps I did, but I've tried almost everything I could find on the Google search.

System summary:

Sound summary:

Any help or advice would be really appreciated.

:)

TheAndriusB, Mar 21, 2017

2. In Windows 10, device connect/disconnect sound plays over and over when monitor powers down (sleep)

Hi guys. For me it was the HDMI monitor cable.

I have tried all the USB, etc.. but after I connect my TV with a different HDMI cable, no sound issues.

If i connect back my Monitor with it's HDMI cable, boom, sound issues again.

I think I need to change my HDMI cable No sound after upgrading to GTX 1060 (using HDMI cable/dual monitors) :)

Have a good day!

Dunica Valentin, Mar 21, 2017
  3. BKXC Win User
    External monitor not recognized at power up or waking from sleep

I have a Lenovo Yoga 720 laptop that does not recognize the presence of an external monitor unless I disconnect/reconnect the cable between the laptop and the monitor. Yoga 720 has USB-C port for external monitor. I use a Lenovo USB-C/HDMI adapter + HDMI
    cable to external monitor. The laptop will not recognize the presence of an external monitor after power up or after waking up from sleep. The monitor status screen reports it is not receiving any signal. Problem occurs with HP and Philips external monitors.
    After disconnecting/reconnecting the HDMI cable, the laptop recognizes the presence of the external monitor and automatically switches to dual monitor operation. Windows 10 + drivers are all up to date.

4. No sound after upgrading to GTX 1060 (using HDMI cable/dual monitors)

Hi TheAndriusB.

Since you have Realtek I assume you have a Realtek HD Audio Manager in the systray (righthand side of task manager). Maybe hidden, click arrow head.

I would snoop around in there to see if something has become set with the installation of card.

If that doesn't solve I think I would reset my BIOS, which is recommended when you make a major change. Before resetting I would document current settings so you can restore if something changes.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 22, 2017
Thema:

No sound after upgrading to GTX 1060 (using HDMI cable/dual monitors)

1. No sound after upgrading to GTX 1060 (using HDMI cable/dual monitors) - Similar Threads - sound upgrading GTX

2. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  3. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  4. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Gtx 1060 artifacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gtx 1060 artifacts: Hello I'm a newbee to pc gaming and bought a 2nd hand pc a few months ago with a 4th gen i5 k processor oc to 4.3ghz, a gtx 1060 6gb and 12gb ddr3 ram. When i first got the pc i was gaming on ultra at 1080p playing far cry 5. In the past week or so I can't seem to game at...
  6. sound with hdmi cable

sound with hdmi cable: I connected my computer with an hdmi cable to my tv and the display and sound worked fine. But every time that I wake my computer up after that I have no sound unless I disconnect and then reconnect the hdmi cable to the tv. How can this be resolved without having to...
  7. No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable

No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable: I use my tv as a monitor for my computer and the sound has suddenly stopped working. The picture is fine but there's no sound, it says that the "Spatial sound" is off and doesn't give me an option to turn the sound on for anything but headphones. Nothing I've seen online...
  8. GTX 1060 Will only output 3 monitors.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GTX 1060 Will only output 3 monitors.: Hi Guys, System specs: [img] Monitors: 4x 25" LG Ultrawide IPS Full-HD Monitor - 25UM58-P 2560 x 1080 I am trying to run the 4 LG monitors from the GPU using 3x DP1.2-HDMI and 1x HDMI-HDMI. I am currently unable to achieve any output from the one same DP...
  9. After using HDMI cable to tv, monitor on laptop black

After using HDMI cable to tv, monitor on laptop black: I have been using HDMI cable from laptop to tv without problem. However, since updating to Windows 10 whenever I use HDMI cable, after disconnecting my laptop screen is black, it is as though it does not recognize it's own monitor. I have had to restore latptop twice and...
  10. [Need help] Problems using dual monitors via HDMI cable.

[Need help] Problems using dual monitors via HDMI cable.: As the topics aid above ,I have a problem with dual monitor via HDMI. I want to connect my laptop to the second monitor via HDMI cable. I can connect it with out any problem but the the second is display Not optimus , recommend 1600*900 60Hz And the font in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no onboard audio after installing gtx 1060