Windows 10: No sound and no banner for notifications synced from Windows 10 mobile

Discus and support No sound and no banner for notifications synced from Windows 10 mobile in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I sync notifications from my Windows 10 mobile device to the Windows 10 notebook, using the built in functionality provided by Cortana. Since a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by blogwart, Nov 1, 2016.

1. blogwart Win User

No sound and no banner for notifications synced from Windows 10 mobile

I sync notifications from my Windows 10 mobile device to the Windows 10 notebook, using the built in functionality provided by Cortana.

Since a couple of days ago, there's no sound and no notification banner any more for these synced notifications, they just silently appear in the action center. I checked the settings, but sounds and banners are definitely activated for Cortana and for "Windows Phone (Beta)". I tried deactivating and reactivating the notifications and the sound for the notifications, but no joy.

All other apps are working fine, playing the notification sound and showing the banner when there's a notification.

Any ideas? Anyone else with this problem?

:)

blogwart, Nov 1, 2016
  2. mfsan Win User

windows 10 mobile version 1607 messaging missing from Notifications & Actions menu

8-24-2016

Just updated Windows 10 mobile to version 1607, OS build: 10.0.14393.67 on a Microsoft Lumia 950.

The Messaging selection is missing from Notifications & Actions menu so I can't control the Notifications, Notification sound, banners etc.

mfsan, Nov 1, 2016
  3. Mail sounds required, but not notification banners

Where do these settings come from? I don't have the same. 2 possible locations. Within "system", then "notifications and actions". But the options there are:

--------------------------------------------------------------

"get notifications from apps and other senders"

"show notifications on the lock screen"

"show reminders and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen"

"hide notifications when I'm duplicating my screen"

"show me the windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested"

Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use windows"

Then below that there is:

Autoplay

Banners, sounds

Cortana

Banners, sounds

Mail

Banners, sounds

Security and maintenance

Banners, sounds

Settings

Banners, sounds

xbox

off

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Mail notification settings there is:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Apply to all accounts checkbox (it's checked).

Below that there is:

Show notifications in the action centre.

Then

Show a notification banner

Play a sound

Show notifications for folders pinned to start.

---------------------------------------------------------

So it seems to me that what I want is for the "show a notification banner" to be *unchecked*, and "play a sound" to be *checked*.

However, if the "show a notification banner" is unchecked, then "play a sound" is greyed out. In other words it doesn't appear to be the case that I can have an email sound alert without getting popups/banners obscuring my screen.

IanWardell, Nov 1, 2016
Thema:

No sound and no banner for notifications synced from Windows 10 mobile

1. No sound and no banner for notifications synced from Windows 10 mobile - Similar Threads - sound banner notifications

2. Notifications banners

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Notifications banners: Two days ago I ran an upgrade and update from my Dell laptop and lost a couple of files which have since returned to normal, but I seem to have lost the notifications banners in Action Centre. I'm running windows 10 and google chrome is my browser. I'm not at all technically...
  3. Windows 10 banner notifications not appearing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 banner notifications not appearing.: Recently I've noticed I haven't been seeing notifications. I checked the action center and saw notifications from minutes ago that I haven't seen. I set all apps to show banner notifications in settings and nothing changed. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/Barnoii...
  4. Notification banners not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notification banners not working: I don't see any notification banners and its all turned on. How do i fix it? submitted by /u/anonymous12895190257 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gme9wy/notification_banners_not_working/
  5. Sound Banner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound Banner: So I had updated Windows and Chrome yesterday. We then had a power outage today and once my computer and Chrome started up again, I had this annoying banner that appears next to my volume bar every time I adjust the volume with my keyboard controls. Is there any way to remove...
  6. Sound Banner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound Banner: Whenever I increase my volume now this appears. How do I remove the chrome.exe sound banner? It never used to appear before.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-banner/f59af005-9775-4060-bfec-0e58e1ef2cd9
  7. Still no Mail app Notification Sound or Banner

in Browsers and Email
    Still no Mail app Notification Sound or Banner: I did a clean install of Windows 10 yesterday and used a local account instead of an MS one. No Mail notifications what so ever. All settings are correct. 22404
  8. Mail sounds required, but not notification banners

in Browsers and Email
    Mail sounds required, but not notification banners: Jus' downloaded and installed windows 10 yesterday. How the heck do I get a sound notification for email in the mail app on Windows 10 without getting these popups at the bottom right?? To clarify, I need to know when emails arrive, but I cannot have banners randomly...
  9. no banner or sound notifications, but they appear in action center

in Windows 10 Support
    no banner or sound notifications, but they appear in action center: So My computer is basically behaving as if quiet hours mode is activated, but quiet hours are NOT activated. For example, if I get an email or plug in a new device, the only thing that happens is the icon for action center goes from clear to white. This is only happening...
  10. Turn On or Off Notification Banners from Senders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Notification Banners from Senders in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Notification Banners from Senders in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Notification Banners from Senders in Windows 10 [img] Information The Action Center in Windows 10 collects and shows notifications and alerts from traditional Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no sound on banner notification

2. windows 10 no notification banner corrucpt