Windows 10: No sound anymore and video on VLC won't start (stuck at the first s)

Discus and support No sound anymore and video on VLC won't start (stuck at the first s) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Every day I need to reboot my computer because : There is no sound anymore. Some videos keep working but I noticed that VLC can't play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alexlouismorlev, Oct 5, 2017.

1. No sound anymore and video on VLC won't start (stuck at the first s)

Hello,

Every day I need to reboot my computer because :

There is no sound anymore.

Some videos keep working but I noticed that VLC can't play them. They still open but it stuck at "second 0".

The video driver says it's up to date.

Thanks

:)

alexlouismorlev, Oct 5, 2017
  2. VictorJ27 Win User

No sound anymore and video on VLC won't start (stuck at the first second/image, usually black image)

installed the latest sound drivers?

does the problem only occurs in VLC? does the problem persist on the Movies and TV app? if yes better contact VLC.

VictorJ27, Oct 5, 2017
  3. No sound anymore and video on VLC won't start (stuck at the first second/image, usually black image)

Hello,

Every day I need to reboot my computer because :

There is no sound anymore.

Some videos keep working but I noticed that VLC can't play them. They still open but it stuck at "second 0".

The video driver says it's up to date.

Thanks

Alex LOUIS MORLEVAT, Oct 5, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

No sound anymore and video on VLC won't start (stuck at the first s)

Remove device from Device Manager and driver for your soundcard/chip and then reboot and let Windows load the default drivers. VLC would not be the issue, so also do a sfc /scannow to have it do a repair and when it reboots, do a chkdsk /f and see if it repairs.

bro67, Oct 5, 2017
Thema:

No sound anymore and video on VLC won't start (stuck at the first s)

1. No sound anymore and video on VLC won't start (stuck at the first s) - Similar Threads - sound anymore video

2. Outlook won't start anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook won't start anymore: Hello, Since about 10 days I have been unable to launch Office Outlook. Looking in the eventviewer I get the following: Faulting application name: OUTLOOK.EXE, version: 16.0.16227.20258, time stamp: 0x642b425f Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.1413,...
  3. Outlook won't start anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook won't start anymore: Hello, Since about 10 days I have been unable to launch Office Outlook. Looking in the eventviewer I get the following: Faulting application name: OUTLOOK.EXE, version: 16.0.16227.20258, time stamp: 0x642b425f Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.1413,...
  4. Videos won't play for first 5 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos won't play for first 5 seconds.: After a recent windows update when I try to play a video I have downloaded using either the photos or the films and tv app the video won't play for the first 5 seconds and I'm not able to pause or fast forward the video. After that time passes the video will start playing...
  5. Videos won't play for first 5 seconds.

Videos won't play for first 5 seconds.: After a recent windows update when I try to play a video I have downloaded using either the photos or the films and tv app the video won't play for the first 5 seconds and I'm not able to pause or fast forward the video. After that time passes the video will start playing...
  6. PC won't start anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC won't start anymore: My PC freezed today and after restart didn't start anymore. All that shows on the screen is the initial page with the spinning stars, then an empty black screen and then nothing.. On another restart, I got the orange screen with the waiting notification that very soon seconds...
  7. Mail app won't start anymore

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app won't start anymore: Hi everyone. Since this morning, my Windows 10 Mail app won't start anymore. I am sure that until yesterday everything was fine and nothing changed in the meantime, so it's really strange. I click on it and nothing happens. What can I do? Thank you! 159471
  8. Mail app won't start anymore

Mail app won't start anymore: Hi everyone. Since this morning, my Windows 10 Mail app won't start anymore. I am sure that until yesterday everything was fine and nothing changed in the meantime, so it's really strange. I click on it and nothing happens. What can I do? Thank you! 159471
  9. Some apps won't start anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some apps won't start anymore: Ever since a couple of months ago apps like Cod 2, Cod 4 and Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will not start and crash on boot. They work on other PC's fine but now they no longer work on mine. If I could get any answers then that would be great. Thanks...
  10. how to rotate a video in VLC

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to rotate a video in VLC: I opened a video with VLC but it plays the video right away and I cannot find an option to rotate the video because there is no tab showing menu or options to do anything...