Windows 10: No sound anymore and video on VLC won't start (stuck at the first s)

Discus and support No sound anymore and video on VLC won't start (stuck at the first s) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Every day I need to reboot my computer because : There is no sound anymore. Some videos keep working but I noticed that VLC can't play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alexlouismorlev, Oct 5, 2017.

1. No sound anymore and video on VLC won't start (stuck at the first s)

Hello,

Every day I need to reboot my computer because :

There is no sound anymore.

Some videos keep working but I noticed that VLC can't play them. They still open but it stuck at "second 0".

The video driver says it's up to date.

Thanks

:)

alexlouismorlev, Oct 5, 2017
  2. VictorJ27 Win User

No sound anymore and video on VLC won't start (stuck at the first second/image, usually black image)

installed the latest sound drivers?

does the problem only occurs in VLC? does the problem persist on the Movies and TV app? if yes better contact VLC.

VictorJ27, Oct 5, 2017
  3. No sound anymore and video on VLC won't start (stuck at the first second/image, usually black image)

Hello,

Every day I need to reboot my computer because :

There is no sound anymore.

Some videos keep working but I noticed that VLC can't play them. They still open but it stuck at "second 0".

The video driver says it's up to date.

Thanks

Alex LOUIS MORLEVAT, Oct 5, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

No sound anymore and video on VLC won't start (stuck at the first s)

Remove device from Device Manager and driver for your soundcard/chip and then reboot and let Windows load the default drivers. VLC would not be the issue, so also do a sfc /scannow to have it do a repair and when it reboots, do a chkdsk /f and see if it repairs.

bro67, Oct 5, 2017
Thema:

No sound anymore and video on VLC won't start (stuck at the first s)

1. No sound anymore and video on VLC won't start (stuck at the first s) - Similar Threads - sound anymore video

2. settings, start menu, sound won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    settings, start menu, sound won't open: settings, sound, start menu won't open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-start-menu-sound-wont-open/8a4f2b06-fdd4-43bd-bd10-584f4f2d52f9
  3. s-video not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    s-video not working: After update Windows to 1809 build, s-video not working, also not working streaming files with extension "big". Please help me solve this problem. Yours sincerely, Boguslaw Szubert *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  4. Cuphead won't start in Windows 10 S

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cuphead won't start in Windows 10 S: Hi, I've been trying to play Cuphead on a Windows 10 in S mode Surface Go (downloaded from the Microsoft Store after buying it on Xbox One, being a Play Anywhere title). The splash screen loads but then it closes after a few seconds. I checked the Event Viewer and found these...
  5. Cuphead won't start in Windows 10 S

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cuphead won't start in Windows 10 S: Hi, I've been trying to play Cuphead on a Windows 10 in S mode Surface Go (downloaded from the Microsoft Store after buying it on Xbox One, being a Play Anywhere title). The splash screen loads but then it closes after a few seconds. I checked the Event Viewer and found these...
  6. how to rotate a video in VLC

how to rotate a video in VLC: I opened a video with VLC but it plays the video right away and I cannot find an option to rotate the video because there is no tab showing menu or options to do anything...
  7. Reduce bass in VLC sound

Reduce bass in VLC sound: How do I reduce bass in vlc sound? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/reduce-bass-in-vlc-sound/95c0876e-306a-4c2b-936c-2bd5b5482ae9
  8. VLC, When minimized, no sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VLC, When minimized, no sound: As the title says, just installed VLC app and played some music, all fine. now, when i minimize it, i've no sound? i need to click on desktop then use browsers etc 53763
  9. Start Menu Stuck on Desktop - Won't Exit

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Stuck on Desktop - Won't Exit: A family member's W10 computer won't exit the start menu. It is stuck on the desk top and I can't figure out how to make it go away. It is preventing programs from starting. Even the installation of the Anniversary update did not correct this issue. I've attached a screen...
  10. PC won't start, stucks at black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't start, stucks at black screen: I don't know if it's an OS problem or idk anything at all just everytime when i try to boot it up i only see the logo (i can enter BIOS) and then everything turns black, i neither know how this happened or when? i just wokeup and couldn't start my PC. im running windows 10...