Windows 10: No Sound from Device Connect/Disconnect,etc Events

Discus and support No Sound from Device Connect/Disconnect,etc Events in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I just installed Windows 10 and been trying to get the right drivers on my gear. Everything was fine until after I installed a ASIO audio driver for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Z4774CK, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Z4774CK Win User

No Sound from Device Connect/Disconnect,etc Events

So I just installed Windows 10 and been trying to get the right drivers on my gear. Everything was fine until after I installed a ASIO audio driver for a mixer.

Now I don't have any Event Sounds when I plug or unplug devices.

Tried uninstalling the ASIO drivers and didn't change, just for some reason now my computer won't give notification sounds. No Errors in any drivers in device manager.

Any ideas?

:)

Z4774CK, Jan 29, 2016
  2. [ Pete ] Win User

Random Notification sound, reason unknown

Are you sure it's an email? Have you a different notification sound than your other events (texts/IM, VM, etc).

I occasionally get beeps from my phone if the charger lead isn't in properly (I get a connect/disconnect tone).

[ Pete ], Jan 29, 2016
  3. Andi13 Win User
    Device disconnect beep repeats in windows 10

Since an AVG update last night, my PC has started playing the 'Device Disconnect' sound, often and at irregular intervals. Looking in the Event Viewer I saw several VSS notifications but nothing at the frequency of the sound.

How can I find out what is causing the device disconnect sound ?

I have uninstalled AVG, and the sound continued, and so did the VSS msg's.

I do not get the 'Device Connected' sound, only the disconnected.

I have had windows 10 on this PC for maybe six months now, and no other new software has been added recently.

Andi13, Jan 29, 2016
Thema:

No Sound from Device Connect/Disconnect,etc Events

1. No Sound from Device Connect/Disconnect,etc Events - Similar Threads - Sound Device Connect

2. Random device connect/disconnect sound and PC freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random device connect/disconnect sound and PC freeze: The problem: Random device disconnected and reconnect sound like when you plugin a USB drive. Also a brief 1-3s computer freeze where the display is frozen and cursor is stuck. It happens entirely randomly/sporadically but lately it is happened much more frequently, sometimes...
  3. windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device: This has happened a few times for me now. I found the fix, so I'm sharing it. I have fixed it each time by vacuuming out the port on the computer and the the USB wire end. Must have been a piece of dust or something interfering with the connection. Hope this helps you....
  4. windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device: This has happened a few times for me now. I found the fix, so I'm sharing it. I have fixed it each time by vacuuming out the port on the computer and the the USB wire end. Must have been a piece of dust or something interfering with the connection. Hope this helps you....
  5. Connect / Disconnect Sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Connect / Disconnect Sound: Help! The "Connect" and "Disconnect" sounds are constantly activating. Very annoying. I went to the sound device manager and it does not give me the ability to "turn off". Also...a separate Community Thread offered some "Troubleshooting" tips however those did not...
  6. Disconnect device sound with event ID 4624 and 4798

in Windows 10 Support
    Disconnect device sound with event ID 4624 and 4798: Hello Everyone - this is my first post and was not sure which forum to use. My issue is that starting 2-3 days ago, I'm hearing a "disconnect device" sound several times throughout the day. I've Googled it and it shows up as an issue - from what I can tell, the alerts...
  7. No sound when connecting and disconnecting USB devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound when connecting and disconnecting USB devices: There's no sound when I connect and disconnect USB devices. The sounds used to work until one or two weeks ago. I am not sure if the other event sounds work or not, but I can use media players without issues. If I check the Sounds tab under Settings, I can see the event...
  8. DEVICE DISCONNECT CONNECT SOUNDS

DEVICE DISCONNECT CONNECT SOUNDS: I removed my device by the safely remove the device, & still get the disconnect-connect sounds, I do not want to take the computer apart or have someone look @ it to say it cost? I guess I can always wile not using it put it in sleep mode? Bob Thanks & God bless...
  9. Device Connect/Disconnect Sounds Happens Sporadically

Device Connect/Disconnect Sounds Happens Sporadically: Win 10 v1709 64-bit. From time to time the PC speakers will emit one or more device connect and/or disconnect sounds. Sometimes it will also do this when I plug an iPhone charger into an electrical outlet in the same room but separate from the one the PC is plugged into. This...
  10. Disconnect and Connect events

Disconnect and Connect events: I am being troubled by repeated occurrences of the Disconnect and Connected sounds. I am trying to identify what is causing these and thought there might be a clue in the event logs. Does anyone know if these events are logged and where which might give me a clue as to what...