Windows 10: No Sound From HeadPhones But Speaker Works

Discus and support No Sound From HeadPhones But Speaker Works in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I Have a HP Pavilion g7-1355dx Notebook PC And I Just Upgraded From Windows 7 To Windows 10 And I Cant Hear Anything From My Headphones But Only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by glockafella, Apr 8, 2016.

1. No Sound From HeadPhones But Speaker Works

I Have a HP Pavilion g7-1355dx Notebook PC

And I Just Upgraded From Windows 7 To Windows 10 And I Cant Hear Anything From My Headphones But Only From
    My Internal Speaker. The HeadPhones Work Fine On My DeskTop And They Dont Require A Drive.

have tried updating the sound drivers from the device manager.
    I have tried removing the drivers and redownloading the audio drivers from Acers website.
    I have tried 'installing' audio driver with the default windows 10 audio driver instead of the realtek one.
    I have tried adjusting the sample rate in the advanced properties tab.

What can I do to get sound working in my headphones again and not just the speakers.

:)

glockafella, Apr 8, 2016

2. Sound problems with windows 10

I updated my laptop from windows 7 to windows 10 yesterday and I am having an issue with my sound. The sound was not coming from the speakers on my laptop but it would come through on my headphones, when i changed the sound default to my speakers, the speakers
    worked but when i plugged my headphones in the sound continues to play from my speaker. when headphones are default then sound doesn't play through the speakers when the headphones are unplugged.

setting the headphones as the default communication device does not solve this issue.

before this update sound would play through my speakers then when headphones where plugging in it would play through the headphone then back to the speakers when the headphones were unplugged. That's how its supposed to be.

How do i fix this issue? Help.

BeckyThayer13, Apr 8, 2016
  3. Problem with the sound in Windows 10

I updated my laptop from windows 7 to windows 10 yesterday and I am having an issue with my sound. The sound was not coming from the speakers on my laptop but it would come through on my headphones, when i changed the sound default to my speakers, the speakers
    worked but when i plugged my headphones in the sound continues to play from my speaker. when headphones are default then sound doesn't play through the speakers when the headphones are unplugged.

setting the headphones as the default communication device does not solve this issue.

before this update sound would play through my speakers then when headphones where plugging in it would play through the headphone then back to the speakers when the headphones were unplugged. That's how its supposed to be.

How do i fix this issue? Help.

NIKOLETA VARSANOVA, Apr 8, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

No Sound From HeadPhones But Speaker Works

Hello, I have searched the forum for you using the search box above:
    no sound headphones

Here are some results on this frequently reported issue:
    No Sound when pluging in headphone problem on multiple computers - Windows 10 Forums
    No sound from headphones but speakers work. - Windows 10 Forums
    No sound coming out of earphones (ONLY speakers work) - Windows 10 Forums
    Windows 10 No Audio with headphone (Possible fix) - Windows 10 Forums
    No Sound From HeadPhones But Speaker Works - Windows 10 Forums
    No Sound Through Headphones - Windows 10 Forums

Please work through these and feel free to search for more..
    If no solution, please post back with exactly what you have tried. (Not 'tried everything and it still doesn't work (!) )

(I think I've seen you post this somewhere else where it's been answered?...)

dalchina, Apr 9, 2016
  5. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    We should assume the headphones worked fine under Windows 7?

Have you installed all of the drivers for the laptop from the HP website?
    Note that they may not offer many Windows 10 drivers, but you can install drivers for previous versions of Windows. You may need to install some of these in compatibility mode.

You may want to try installing these even if Device Manager shows that all devices have drivers.
    In particular you want to install the Manufacturer's chipset driver, as this driver may control the function of the device on the motherboard.
    Try this if the headphones worked previously and none of the other suggestions work.

Thema:

No Sound From HeadPhones But Speaker Works

1. No Sound From HeadPhones But Speaker Works - Similar Threads - Sound HeadPhones Speaker

2. No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked: Hello,So last week I go to a computer repair service to replace my laptop's keyboard my laptop still on Windows 10. When I take it back, I noticed that the computer can't automatically switch between speaker and headphone. I bring my laptop again to them and they tried to do...
  3. No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked: Hello,So last week I go to a computer repair service to replace my laptop's keyboard my laptop still on Windows 10. When I take it back, I noticed that the computer can't automatically switch between speaker and headphone. I bring my laptop again to them and they tried to do...
  4. Sound Not Working, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Not Working, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in': The sound is not working and it does not even register my laptops speakers as existing, there is a red x on the volume icon on the bottom of my page. The sound does however playback when I connect a Bluetooth device and it plays back on the device just fine. When I disconnect...
  5. No sound coming from headphones and speakers

No sound coming from headphones and speakers: So I was playing some games with my friends on discord when I got up to eat dinner, and during that time my computer went to sleep. When I got back there was a message that popped up saying that a new input was detected and asked me to switch. I decided not to but then I...
  6. Sound Headphones - Speaker

Sound Headphones - Speaker: So i have speaker and headphones. When i plugg in just one of them, in sounds at playback it appears like "speaker", if i plugg in both of devices, the same appears in sounds at playback. I don't know how to make 2 "things" in sound settings. 1 for speaker and 1 for...
  7. No sound from my dell laptop's speaker but headphone works.

No sound from my dell laptop's speaker but headphone works.: I've run a lot of troubleshooting about this to make sure it's a software failure nothing about hardware. I tried to install two different version of Realtek driver, which was 6.0.1.8186 (14/6/2017) and 6.0.1.8142 (2/5/2017) they both have the same problem. Now I use...
  8. Audio sound not working on speakers/or headphones. No sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio sound not working on speakers/or headphones. No sound: Yesterday my audio worked fine on both my speakers on my laptop (Dell Inspiron/N5110) and headphones. Then all of a sudden they stopped working. I have made sure that all the volumes are not muted. I did a troubleshoot on playing audio and it said low audio device volume...
  9. No sound from speakers/headphones

No sound from speakers/headphones: Hi, I have the Dell XPS 8300 with the onboard Realtek HD Audio. I can't get any sound from speakers/headphones using any of the ports at the back and the front audio jack. The speakers are fine as I have tested them on my mobile. I have the latest drivers...
  10. No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No sound from headphones but speakers work.: Hello, I have a laptop - Asus GL551JW-DS71. My speakers work fine but when I plug in my headphones, I can't hear any sound from the headphones. The headphones do work as I use them for my desktop. I have tried updating the sound drivers from the device manager. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no sound headphones windows but speaker works