Windows 10: No Sound From Mail

Discus and support No Sound From Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 Mail app. I have the "Play sound" on buy I get no sound when mail arrives. In fact I have everything turned on in Mail's... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JamesJoey, May 10, 2017.

1. JamesJoey Win User

No Sound From Mail

I'm using Windows 10 Mail app.
    I have the "Play sound" on buy I get no sound when mail arrives.
    In fact I have everything turned on in Mail's Notification settings.
    I have also assigned an event sound to Desktop Mail Notification and New Mail Notification.

Any ideas?
    James

:)

JamesJoey, May 10, 2017
  2. r8russ Win User

Are the Windows mail app sounds (selected from Control Panel > Sound) disabled in the Windows 10 mail app?

Basic problem: with Windows 8.1, the incoming mail audible alert (sound) for the Mail App works perfectly by going to Control Panel > Sound and selecting preferred sounds for "Desktop Mail Notification" and "New Mail Notification." After upgrading to Windows
    10, no selection in Control Panel > Sound produces the desired audible alert. Instead, it seems the only sound one gets on incoming mail is via Mail app > Settings > Options > Notifications > Show in Action Center > Play a sound. However, the Action Center
    sound is not selectable by any means I could find, and it is unaffected by and apparently unrelated to the above Sound settings in Control Panel. (It's also a pretty wimpy sound.)

The sound selection in Control Panel for the calendar app works fine, just like it did in Windows 8.1. Interestingly, I couldn't find any sound controls at all in the calendar app, which may explain why they work from Control Panel. This problem only exists
    in the mail app, where there *is* a sound control of sorts.

This is the second PC on which I've experienced this identical problem, so I don't suspect it's my hardware. My observation is that Control Panel > Sound linkage has been removed from the Win10 mail app and the expectation is that we will only get that
    fixed sound from the Action Center. If that's true, then (1) that's a big step down from the way it worked in Windows 8.1, (2) it's not consistent with the similar sound controls in the calendar app, and (3) if that's the way it's to be, then those mail options
    should be removed from Control Panel > Sound.

Or, if my conclusion is incorrect, then what's the answer? How does one get the same incoming mail sounds that we got in Windows 8.1?

r8russ, May 10, 2017
  3. banners and sound notification have stopped working (March 2016)

I cannot get the banner to display or sound when I get new mail in the Windows 10 Mail & Calendar App. I have went to Settings, System, Notifications & Action. Under the heading Show Notifications From These Apps I have turned on the mail app for banners
    and sound but nothing happens. I checked my sounds in Control Panel and have Windows Notify Email.wav file selected but still no banner or no sound. I noticed that the Mail & Calendar App updated yesterday 19 Aug but still not banner or sound when I get new
    mail. Is there anything I can do to see what the problem is that prevents me from getting the banner and sound when new mail arrives ? I only have 2 E-Mail accounts set up in the App.

HELP!

John Brydon

JohnBrydon, May 10, 2017
  4. No Sound From Mail

Hi JamesJoey

Are you getting any system sounds?

Right click on speaker in Systray, lower right corner, then click on Volume Mixer. Sometimes on slider will be set a zero.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 12, 2017
  5. JamesJoey Win User
    I failed to mention that the other sound events I've set are working.

JamesJoey, May 13, 2017
  6. Well so much for that idea.

Have you tried setting Sound Notifications to off, reboot and then enabling. (just to see if it is "Stuck")

Have you seen this thread?

Mail notification sound doesn't play

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No Sound From Mail

1. No Sound From Mail - Similar Threads - Sound Mail

2. How do I switch mail notification sounds on?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I switch mail notification sounds on?: Hi, I have W10 installed on a PC and have the default mail app. How do I switch the mail notification sounds on? They were on before, but the notification must have switched itself off. 127425
  3. No notification Sound or Pop up for new mail in MAIL APP in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    No notification Sound or Pop up for new mail in MAIL APP in Windows 10: NO Notification getting for new Email in MAIL APP. Tried all the settings in Notification, personal. Searched net for any notification settings I have missed but to no help. Is anybody else facing the same problem and found any solution OR should I switch to Outlook or...
  4. Still no Mail app Notification Sound or Banner

in Browsers and Email
    Still no Mail app Notification Sound or Banner: I did a clean install of Windows 10 yesterday and used a local account instead of an MS one. No Mail notifications what so ever. All settings are correct. 22404
  5. Mail sounds required, but not notification banners

in Browsers and Email
    Mail sounds required, but not notification banners: Jus' downloaded and installed windows 10 yesterday. How the heck do I get a sound notification for email in the mail app on Windows 10 without getting these popups at the bottom right?? To clarify, I need to know when emails arrive, but I cannot have banners randomly...
  6. Mail notification sound doesn't play

in Browsers and Email
    Mail notification sound doesn't play: I'm running Wn10 and I would like to change some sounds. I'm running a background theme. I have downloaded a Wav file (thefreesite.com), added this file in a sound scheme (mail notification), tested it, saved it as modified scheme, but the sound doesn't play at all (when mail...
  7. Win 10/Outlook 2007 - Can't change e-mail notification sound

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10/Outlook 2007 - Can't change e-mail notification sound: Sorry to post such a picky little issue. I guess that I must be OCD and want everything to work as it should. I have: Win 10 Pro X64 build 1511 Outlook 2007 When new mail arrives, I get the default new mail sound (Windows Notify e-mail.wav). I tried to change the...
  8. Windows 10 Mail No Sound Fix

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail No Sound Fix: This is how to fix it. Open sounds from right clicking the speaker in the tray, click on SOUNDS. Then set BOTH Desktop Mail Notification & New Mail Notification --- to the SAME sound. *Arrow Turn On or Off Notifications from Mail app in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials...
  9. Play a Sound for Windows 10 Mail Notification

in Browsers and Email
    Play a Sound for Windows 10 Mail Notification: I have the 'Play a sound' checked in the mail app but have yet to here a sound when mail arrives. What sound does it play??? Can one set the sound (.wav) in the program event sounds?? James 103726
  10. Can't get mail notification sound for Outlook 2016 tried everything

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can't get mail notification sound for Outlook 2016 tried everything: Can't get mail notification sound for Outlook 2016. settings-apps and system sounds properly configured tried every hint on the internet,registry + config 37503