Windows 10: No sound on desktop Gigabyte motherboard

Discus and support No sound on desktop Gigabyte motherboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just installed windows 10 for the first time and Ive got no sound. I went to the gigabyte driver site and installed the latest driver they have. (VIA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by newtonfb, Jun 22, 2015.

1. newtonfb Win User

No sound on desktop Gigabyte motherboard

I just installed windows 10 for the first time and Ive got no sound. I went to the gigabyte driver site and installed the latest driver they have. (VIA HD Audio). I have read other threads on here about lowering the Bitrate down to 16 but that does help either. Everytime i press the test button it just crashes. I have to troubleshoot audio problems and it comes back up but whenever i try to play sound from anywhere it will just crash. Anyone got any ideas?

:)

newtonfb, Jun 22, 2015
  2. Davidona Win User

A mouse doesnt work on my desktop

its a desktop motherboard gigabyte G1.Guerrilla

Davidona, Jun 22, 2015
  3. tkinkley Win User
    Win 10 CPU fan control is screwy after returning from sleep mode

My Motherboard is a Desktop PC

Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Revision 4.0

No CPU Beeps

I contacted Gigabyte Tech Support and they provided me with an updated motherboard Bios which fixed the problem completely.

Thank you very much for your reply

TDK

tkinkley, Jun 22, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

If thats build 10130 and you have a soundblaster sound card or a soundblaster built into your motherboard, then its a known issue.
    Please check this thread out and try the instructions to see if it helps you.

swarfega, Jun 22, 2015
  5. newtonfb Win User
    Ya i saw that thread before. I tried lowering the bitrate like it says but it doesnt change anything

newtonfb, Jun 22, 2015
  6. newtonfb Win User
    So quick update.....I got audio working by uninstalling the "VIA HD audio " driver from device manager. Windows then installed "windows HD audio" or something like that, it was a generic driver it looked like. Well as soon as it did that sound worked great....up until today. For some reason, randomly it decided to install the VIA HD audio driver on its own and im back to having no audio. I tried to uninstall the driver but when i do windows wont install the generic driver it did before.

newtonfb, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No sound on desktop Gigabyte motherboard - Similar Threads - sound desktop Gigabyte

2. TPM2.0 Gigabyte motherboards 2014

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM2.0 Gigabyte motherboards 2014: I don't know how to open TPM2.0 and secure boots in Bios Gigabyte motherboards 2014. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tpm20-gigabyte-motherboards-2014/268f6686-7fa2-4686-9f2f-f942999089ca
  3. TPM2.0 Gigabyte motherboards 2014

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TPM2.0 Gigabyte motherboards 2014: I don't know how to open TPM2.0 and secure boots in Bios Gigabyte motherboards 2014. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tpm20-gigabyte-motherboards-2014/268f6686-7fa2-4686-9f2f-f942999089ca
  4. TPM2.0 Gigabyte motherboards 2014

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. TPM Module for Gigabyte Motherboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TPM Module for Gigabyte Motherboard: My 2012 Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard has a 20 pin TPM slot as shown below. Gigabyte advise the slot is for a v1.0 TPM module. It's unclear whether I need a bespoke Gigabyte TPM module or whether any 20 pin v1.0 TPM will work. I don't plan to use Bitlocker. In that case,...
  6. Windows update breaks Realtek audio on gigabyte motherboard

Windows update breaks Realtek audio on gigabyte motherboard: So this is more of a "to let you know" than a question.... So a security update has broken a function within the gigabyte realtek audio settings where one could have separate audio for speakers to your headphones. The issue is that this update has screwed up jack detection...
  7. Motherboard issue. Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H fm2+

Motherboard issue. Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H fm2+: Hi hoped there would be a more dedicated forum than ‘General’ but couldn’t see anything appropriate to hardware faults.. My PC refused to boot up, I assumed the PSU had failed, got a replacement. Then found I could test the PSU with a jumper on the motherboard connector,...
  8. Motherboard issue. Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H fm2+

in Windows 10 Support
    Motherboard issue. Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H fm2+: Hi hoped there would be a more dedicated forum than ‘General’ but couldn’t see anything appropriate to hardware faults.. My PC refused to boot up, I assumed the PSU had failed, got a replacement. Then found I could test the PSU with a jumper on the motherboard connector,...
  9. Booting from a CD with a Gigabyte motherboard

Booting from a CD with a Gigabyte motherboard: I am trying to set up my bios so I can boot start using a CD. Can anyone help please? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/booting-from-a-cd-with-a-gigabyte-motherboard/d32971de-0b46-429c-a995-a18eceef8e39
  10. Gigabyte Motherboards: Are they good?

Gigabyte Motherboards: Are they good?: My new rig is experiencing bandwidth bottlenecks on PCIe slots. Not because ASUS is not a good brand but because of some uplanned PCIe hardware upgrades. I need to fix this bottleneck problems and the best candidate so far to replace this 2 month old ASUS Z97-A USB3.1...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gigabyte motherboard no sound

2. gigabyte motherboard no audio\

3. gigabyte motherboard no audio

4. no sound from gigabyte motherboard,
  5. no sound with gygabyte motherboard