Windows 10: no Sound on TV device mgr TV shows as media device not under sound

Discus and support no Sound on TV device mgr TV shows as media device not under sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can cast music to my Sony Bravia XBR 65x850b tv. However when I have it as a a duplicate display sound I get on the speakers primary display does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BigArtK, Feb 5, 2016.

1. BigArtK Win User

no Sound on TV device mgr TV shows as media device not under sound

I can cast music to my Sony Bravia XBR 65x850b tv.
    However when I have it as a a duplicate display sound I get on the speakers primary display does not come from the speakers on the TV.

On the device manager the TV shows as a media device.
    However, the TV does not appear under sound.
    Alll that shows under sound is
    Speakers
    Digital audio (S/PDIF). Digital audio is set as default

How can I have any sound on my PC desktop also come through my TV?

Do I disconnect my Speakers and have the sound come through my Samsung monitor?

What additional info might the list need to help solve this?

:)

BigArtK, Feb 5, 2016

2. windows 10 upgrade no sound through hdmi. LG Tv isn't showing up in sound playback menu.

After upgrading to windows 10 from 8.1 my msi gt70 notebook with gtx770m card is not passing audio through the hdmi. The sound preferences don't show the TV as a playback device. And it isn't showing up under audio hardware in the device manager. The gtx770
    control panel has audio through hdmi enabled.

Opening up the device manager, the tv shows up as ageneric pnp monitor under displays and as lg webos tv under digital media devices. Under details for lg webos tv the status for No connect sound is <true>.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Billelbadawi, Feb 5, 2016
  3. No sound from HDMI, Not detected HDMI.Windows 10

I have desktop PC and a Samsung TV.

Everything is fine except the sound. I connect the TV with a good HDMI (checked) cable and is working good as a screen. I don't have sound from my TV though.

I searched and tried all the suggested solutions but nothing.

I don't find my TV to the playback devices.

I cannot find the HDMI as an sound exit. "show disabled devices" is checked.

I don't know what else to do.

A strange fact is that in Device Manager my TV is not visible in "Monitors". Only "Generic PnP monitor" is listed.

ΑπόστολοςΧριστόφαλος, Feb 5, 2016
Thema:

no Sound on TV device mgr TV shows as media device not under sound

1. no Sound on TV device mgr TV shows as media device not under sound - Similar Threads - Sound device mgr

2. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound on HDMI TV: I get no sound coming out of my TV when l connect it to my PC, instead it comes out from the tower.In the sound setting, the TV shows as "Not connected/not plugged in". l have tried troubleshooting it by changing the HDMI cable, and trying different ports on the TV. The TV...
  3. casting to tv no sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    casting to tv no sound: In windows 11, casting to tv every time when using laptop, then I used wireless headphones. This was paired with windows 11 in Bluetooth and devices. After said use I disconnected the wifi headphones and continued casting to my tv but the sound only came through my laptop not...
  4. no sound from tv

no sound from tv: hello all. i have big problem with my acer i5 laptop, i am running windows 8.1 and when i want to connect my laptop to the tv via HDMI cable, no sound comes out, it only shows picture and i have set my tv as my primary sound device from the laptop but still nothing, what...
  5. HDMI device detected Windows 10 producing sound but no sound on TV

HDMI device detected Windows 10 producing sound but no sound on TV: Hello, I've recently fresh-installed Windows 10 Home on my Alienware 15 laptop. I've had it working with an external TV connected through HDMI. before the fresh install. In short, hardware wise nothing should be wrong. Cable, the TV and HDMI jack were working just fine a few...
  6. HDMI no sound on TV

HDMI no sound on TV: the audio from my computer doesn't play on the TV with my HDMI cord. It worked a few days ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-no-sound-on-tv/46d8c4ec-ed5d-4022-8c9d-6af70522895b
  7. wireless tv not seen in media devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wireless tv not seen in media devices: wireless Samsung tv not seen in media devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-tv-not-seen-in-media-devices/eb0e5f99-bb7c-4b80-992d-2442beb4adf5
  8. No Sound on TV

No Sound on TV: I use a HDMI cord to watch video from PC to TV. I use the Duplicate Mode for personal reasons. I do NOT have sound on my TV when watch videos. Sound is only on my PC speakers. How to I get the sound on my TV when watching Videos?? 123614
  9. No Sound on TV

in Windows 10 Support
    No Sound on TV: I use a HDMI cord to watch video from PC to TV. I use the Duplicate Mode for personal reasons. I do NOT have sound on my TV when watch videos. Sound is only on my PC speakers. How to I get the sound on my TV when watching Videos?? 123614
  10. No sound from downloaded TV show

No sound from downloaded TV show: Picture is perfect but there is no sound. If I play it on the sire I downloaded from it plays so the problem is not within the TV show. It downloaded as a MKV file.... Which appears to not be supported with this program. Is there any way around it thanks...