Windows 10: no sound on windows 10041

Discus and support no sound on windows 10041 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; on my laptops lenovo end acer no sound i updata driver,instal manual nut nating... any sugestion ??? 4792 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vargi, Mar 19, 2015.

1. vargi Win User

no sound on windows 10041

on my laptops lenovo end acer no sound i updata driver,instal manual nut nating...
    any sugestion ???

:)

vargi, Mar 19, 2015
  2. DeeKat Win User
    DeeKat, Mar 19, 2015
  3. ScarletRoseFT, Mar 19, 2015
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

This seems to be a common problem --not only with Lenovo.

Go into Device manager via control panel and right click against the sound driver - probably Lenovo. Via, Connexant or some non Ms HD audio device.

Click properties and choose Roll back driver. It will probably re-install the Ms HD audio device --then it should all work properly.

Mine is greyed out as I've already performed the Roll back - your's should work.

Cheers

jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 19, 2015
  5. I also have this problem, although I noticed that there was also no sound in the previous build 9926 either.

Tried totally removing drivers, then reinstate via Windows but just a click from the speakers when Windows starts, but no sound.

Can't used motherboard drivers as they are they are not compatible with Windows 10.

WightWalker, Mar 19, 2015
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

did you try Roll back drivers on the FIRST boot AFTER installing / updating Windows.

A symptom of hosed up Audio on builds 9926 / 10041 is the default output device is set to HEADPHONES. Simply altering that back to speakers / HDMI device won't fix it. People have reported this and I had it too -- but audio can be hosed up in other ways too.

You need to use the WINDOWS one's not the Mobos or manufacturers versions.

IMO the best solution is to create a NEW install of 10041 from an ISO -- create via Kari's tutorial. Then after Boot Roll back the audio driver.

When you do the roll back only roll back the OEM version -- don't touch any labelled HD Audio device. If it's labelled for example VIA HD Audio - roll back that one. You'll probably see TWO Audio devices in the device list.

Cheers

jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 19, 2015
  7. Downloaded latest VIA drivers without success. Rolled back drivers then updated via (no pun intended) still with no success.

The only other option, (forgetting sticking with a stable Windows 7 build that does everything that I want) is to do a clean install which I have to say, given my bracketed comment, hardly seems worth while!

If this is the best that uSoft can offer then I can't see many upgrading to Windows 10 - for free or at any cost!

WightWalker, Mar 19, 2015
  8. vargi Win User

how to rool back i can not click on this how to rool back please help

vargi, Mar 19, 2015
  9. vargi Win User
    can you send mi link for download win 10041 i try direct instal??

vargi, Mar 19, 2015
  10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

after ROLL BACK you don't need to update again --the whole point was to use the MS drivers.

To create a CLEAN install of 10041 you need to follow KARI's tutorial on this Forum. There are some links in the thread where you can also download the ESD file. This is the file you need to convert to the ISO.

Cheers

jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 19, 2015
  11. vargi Win User
    i don now how to roll back

vargi, Mar 19, 2015
  12. adamf Win User
    Look at post number 2.

If you can't understand it then I'm sorry but you should probably not be testing a beta OS.

adamf, Mar 19, 2015
  13. no sound on windows 10041

Hiya, vargi..

I had a similar problem with build10041
    I solved it by going to the Realtek site and downloading their latest driver
    - if you opt to save it to your machine as a download, you can install it yourself

- during the re-installation, Realtek will remove any previous driver and install the new one for you..

..had me puzzled for a while, the headphones worked but nothing else
    - a complete re-install solved the problem..

BugMeister, Mar 19, 2015
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    There is a real funky bug with 10041 and audio drivers. It took a while to get mine working but now I'm running 10041 in a VM and that's not an issue for me at least.

BunnyJ, Mar 19, 2015
  15. vargi Win User
    windows work fine wenn i instal, clean not updating...*Smile

vargi, Mar 19, 2015
Thema:

1. no sound on windows 10041 - Similar Threads - sound 10041

2. I'm having trouble with my Sound, video and game controllers drivers how to solve it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having trouble with my Sound, video and game controllers drivers how to solve it?: Hey everyone, it's Davis. I'm having some tech troubles and could really use some help. First off, my volume control is acting up. No matter what I do, it stays stuck at 100%, even when I try to lower it. And whenever I attempt to update, uninstall, or roll back, boom—blue...
  3. I'm having trouble with my Sound, video and game controllers drivers how to solve it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm having trouble with my Sound, video and game controllers drivers how to solve it?: Hey everyone, it's Davis. I'm having some tech troubles and could really use some help. First off, my volume control is acting up. No matter what I do, it stays stuck at 100%, even when I try to lower it. And whenever I attempt to update, uninstall, or roll back, boom—blue...
  4. Airpods pro second gen connected to pc windows 10 but no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Airpods pro second gen connected to pc windows 10 but no sound: Hello, I recently reinstalled my windows because i upgraded from hdd to sdd, and now suddenly my airpods are connecting to my pc they are connected to tp link ub500-bluetooth adapter but they are playing no sound. For the past two days i ve tried everything and nothing worked...
  5. Airpods pro second gen connected to pc windows 10 but no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airpods pro second gen connected to pc windows 10 but no sound: Hello, I recently reinstalled my windows because i upgraded from hdd to sdd, and now suddenly my airpods are connecting to my pc they are connected to tp link ub500-bluetooth adapter but they are playing no sound. For the past two days i ve tried everything and nothing worked...
  6. Airpods pro second gen connected to pc windows 10 but no sound

7. Win11 Internet and Sound Button is not responding to clicks

Win11 Internet and Sound Button is not responding to clicks: Hello,That button just freeze every day when I click on it to change sound output device. Restarting explorer helps, but it keeps happening for some reason. It especially happens after I restart my computer, at a random time after that. It's a minor annoyance but it's still...
  8. No Sound after Build 10041 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No Sound after Build 10041 Update: Sound on Build 10041 was working until after the recommended update - resolved by rolling back the drivers. Why provide an update which obviously isn't compatible with my system. uSoft just can't be trusted. 4879
  9. No sound in 10041

No sound in 10041: Would appreciate any help. Thanks 4771
  10. sound not working after updating to win 10041

sound not working after updating to win 10041: i updata todey my laptops lenovo end acer but sound not working i updata driver scan hardwer but stil not working.. please help 4769