Windows 10: No sound since last Windows 10 update.

Discus and support No sound since last Windows 10 update. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. Since this morning, my computer, or maybe my speakers are unable to generate any sounds. I'm on a laptop and relies on the intern speakers.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Oracle14, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Oracle14 Win User

No sound since last Windows 10 update.

Hello.
    Since this morning, my computer, or maybe my speakers are unable to generate any sounds. I'm on a laptop and relies on the intern speakers. After the last update no sound could be played, although the volume mixer does show the green bar (the one that put how much sound is emitted). I have tried to : reboot the pc, uninstall the pilot and re-install the pilot, deactivate and reactivate the pilot, update the pilot, update Java. I don't what to do anymore. Maybe i should sacrifice a baby CPU to satan ? Also playing audio with headphones works.
    Anyway i really need help and will be thankful for any.
    Thank you

:)

Oracle14, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 11, 2018
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No sound since last Windows 10 update. :p

cadaveca, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 sound problems.

Hi Roger,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install all driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • In which browser are you facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft Article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Do let us know if you are able to get Sound with all relevant programs. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. No sound since last Windows 10 update. - Similar Threads - sound since last

2. since last update Windows 11 i have no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    since last update Windows 11 i have no sound: Have done all troubleshooting suggested and still no soundsnothing suggested worked. Looking for another suggestion. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-last-update-windows-11-i-have-no-sound/aa985da8-6c27-4a1f-a51b-10242307f8f9
  3. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since the last Windows update: Hi, since the last win update I can't open any new files that I save or download..simply i click on file and NOTHING happens, but when I copy that same file on my business drive, it opens?!...
  4. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since the last Windows update: Hi, since the last win update I can't open any new files that I save or download..simply i click on file and NOTHING happens, but when I copy that same file on my business drive, it opens?!...
  5. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Sound volume too low since last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound volume too low since last update: Hi,Since the last Windows update, I have to set my volume to 100% to get a normal sound. I don't know if the Windows update is the real cause, might be a coincidence but I didn't notice the low sound before....
  7. Sound devices disabled since last update

Sound devices disabled since last update: Were working now not working and appear to have been disabled and not allowed to be enabled again...Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-devices-disabled-since-last-update/72e585e3-878d-4de6-9db3-d61eb6445262
  8. Brightness and sound key are not working since the last update!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness and sound key are not working since the last update!!!!!!: i have a DELL Inspiron 15 3000 Series and it had already the windows 10 since manufactured and it was working fine until the last update! Sound keys are F2 and F3 while my brightness keys are F11 and F12 and they are like useless keys now. I have checked the drivers for...
  9. No sound since last Windows 10 update.

No sound since last Windows 10 update.: Hello. Since this morning, my computer, or maybe my speakers are unable to generate any sounds. I'm on a laptop and relies on the intern speakers. After the last update no sound could be played, although the volume mixer does show the green bar (the one that put how much...
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538