Windows 10: No sound & speakers missing in Playback Devices

Discus and support No sound & speakers missing in Playback Devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have no sound on my new Windows 10 PC. Things I've tried: 1) Uninstalled and reinstalled sound drivers with multiple restarts 2) Checked power is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RC 1832, Oct 9, 2016.

1. RC 1832 Win User

No sound & speakers missing in Playback Devices

I have no sound on my new Windows 10 PC.
    Things I've tried:
    1) Uninstalled and reinstalled sound drivers with multiple restarts
    2) Checked power is connected
    3) Checked speakers are connected via the green jack
    There's another fix I was trying in the Playback Devices window but when I look there, my speakers aren't even displayed.

No sound & speakers missing in Playback Devices [​IMG]

Thanks.

:)

RC 1832, Oct 9, 2016

2. "no audio devices are installed"

I hope the first advice you received was:

right click on speaker icon

choose "troubleshoot sound problems"

if no help,

repeat right click on speaker icon

choose "playback devices"

if you have speaker device

click to activate it

& test sound

Jmarco0921, Oct 9, 2016
  3. No option for av amp in playback devices in sound

After my previous post, I left the computer on turned off screen and went out, when I returned, switched on screen and noticed that the resolution had dropped to 1280x1024, and then noticed that Sony was now the audio device, relieved that everything had
    sorted out, I set the resolution back to 4kx2 3840x2160 and then the audio gone back to Samsung!

PaulIvorytb, Oct 9, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

Open Settings, then Devices...is it Bluetooth?....if not click on Connected Devices, then Add Devices.

dencal, Oct 9, 2016
  5. RC 1832 Win User
    This is the only thing which appears when I click 'add device'. The speakers aren't Bluetooth and work fine with my other PC which is Win 7. Nice sig btw.

RC 1832, Oct 9, 2016
  6. AndreTen Win User
    Hi RC!

You don't have drivers for sound card. Only HDMI connection is shown.

What motherboard do you have? There is a reason, you can put all your hardware data in your profile - it's a lot easier to give advice.

AndreTen, Oct 9, 2016
  7. dencal Win User
    See attachment....click on sound on Taskbar.....on right side top ^....click on arrow as shown....any other options?

dencal, Oct 9, 2016
  8. RC 1832 Win User

Hi! Device manager says my sound card drivers are up to date though? I have updated my system specs.

RC 1832, Oct 9, 2016
  9. RC 1832 Win User
    Unfortunately there is not even an arrow there.

RC 1832, Oct 9, 2016
  10. dencal Win User
    Can only suggest you check all connections on both computer and speakers....try removing them all and reinstalling.

dencal, Oct 9, 2016
  11. AndreTen Win User
    Are you sure the drivers are for your ASUS Xonar? Because in your picture above there is output to your HDMI (AMD graphic card), which can be used for connection to TV (mostly).

Did you install drivers from ASUS: www.asus.com/Sound-Cards/Xonar_DGX/HelpDesk_Download/ pick drivers for WIN 10 64bit.

If you already installed those drivers, uninstall them and reinstall, if nothing changes, try with Revo uninstaller.

Edit: you have great sound card on your motherboard. You can remove your PCI-e card and use integrated... If you disabled it, you maybe connected your speakers with integrated output...

AndreTen, Oct 9, 2016
  12. RC 1832 Win User
    I uninstalled with Revo then reinstalled the drivers. My speakers actually show in 'Playback devices' now but still no sound.

Is your suggestion to now remove the Asus card entirely and use the integrated card?

RC 1832, Oct 10, 2016
  13. RC 1832 Win User

I managed to fix it. A manual re-installation of drivers let me access speakers in 'Playback devices'. I toggled some of the settings there with instructions from a Youtube vid. Hey presto, now it works. Thanks for helping me out.

RC 1832, Oct 10, 2016
  14. EdTittel Win User
    Can you please provide a link to the helpful YouTube video, in the interests of helping other users solve the same (or similar) problems? Thanks in advance, very much!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 10, 2016
  15. AndreTen Win User
    Great it works now! One thing more, do you still have multiple HDMI devices showing in Playback devices? Regarding that question about integrated sound card.. It is your choice. Your motherboard have "gamers" sound chip integrated, so they can even be the same.

And thanks for posting back!

AndreTen, Oct 10, 2016
Thema:

1. No sound & speakers missing in Playback Devices - Similar Threads - sound speakers missing

2. Speaker devices now showing in playback devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker devices now showing in playback devices: I was re installing my pc, but it ended the speaker audio devices not showing its only showing Audio Digital HDMI because i use speaker so the sound isn't coming out, i already do troubleshoot, update, and uninstall the driver, but i still can't fix the problem....
  3. Speaker devices now showing in playback devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker devices now showing in playback devices: I was re installing my pc, but it ended the speaker audio devices not showing its only showing Audio Digital HDMI because i use speaker so the sound isn't coming out, i already do troubleshoot, update, and uninstall the driver, but i still can't fix the problem....
  4. Internal laptop speakers show in Playback Devices, but produce no sound

Internal laptop speakers show in Playback Devices, but produce no sound: I have a laptop that is giving audio issues. When a USB soundbar or analog headset is plugged in, the sound goes through either of those devices without issue, but the internal speakers produce no sound. The internal speakers show in Playback Devices and Device Manager, and...
  5. Missing playback device

Missing playback device: I updated my gpu driver after that my monitor speak is gone. I am using amd gpu. [ATTACH] ACER VG240Y is missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-playback-device/e4ea3c92-b0fa-4b02-9e85-cbd8f705316e
  6. Playback speaker sound

Playback speaker sound: I have a lenovo laptop, an excellent product. However, I have a very strange problem with audio playback on the speakers, I can hardly hear the playback from Pandora, or other web sites. I've used the troubleshooter, made sure I have the right driver. etc. When I perform...
  7. No speaker option in sound playback

No speaker option in sound playback: I have been unable to get sound through my speakers. My monitor does not have sound so I rely on the speakers for this. I have no speaker option in the sound playback window. The only option there is IntelR Display Audio. It also says jack information, which is HDMI Digital...
  8. playback devices missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    playback devices missing: i was just playing the walking dead vr when everything crashed and all my speaker options just kinda vanished, i restarted my pc 4 times with no luck, cant update them since they dont appear in device manager, unplugged everything and nothing changed, what do i do? also image...
  9. Bluetooth Speakers pairs, but in the playback sections of the "Sound" menu, the device is...

Bluetooth Speakers pairs, but in the playback sections of the "Sound" menu, the device is...: I connected to my Vizio soundbar to play music from it last night and it worked. Today, this is not possible. My computer connects to the Vizio Soundbar but the speakers cannot be used as a playback device. When I open up the Sound menu and select "Playback," the soundbar...
  10. Playback devices show a speaker, but my sound does not work.

Playback devices show a speaker, but my sound does not work.: Okay, so about 2 hours ago I was in a teamspeak. Suddenly my microphone and headset cut out, immediately I right clicked the sound icon and selected 'playback devices' there were three icons I didn't recognise one was a speaker that said 'Xsplit audio renderer' Another was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. speaker missing from playback device

2. speakers missing from playback devices